Sorry but I'm sick of Clements

Rubes

So, what part are you sick of...the interception or the way he was on Smith like glue on the long pass? Come to think of it I don't remember him getting beat on any other passes. Maybe I wasn't watching close enough?

We need to get over it. Clements HAD GOOD COVERAGE on Smith. 99% of the coaches would love to have a corner that could stick that close to an opposition's #1 Pro Bowl receiver. He just didn't get his head around in time to react.

Smith is a very good player. He made a great catch. Isn't anyone able to give him some credit? If it was Moulds or Evans making the same play then everyone would be singing their praises.

29420[/snapback]

Well, I just think you're oversimplifying it. Yes, Smith made a great play, I think we will all give him that. But let's face it, when I saw it Clements had time to see it coming, looked like he did see it coming, maybe got a little push from Smith that threw his timing off, but if you have that great of coverage on a guy, it shouldn't take a lot to bat it away. And that's all he had to do. Instead, he tried to make the catch, and in my mind that gave Smith a big opportunity to make the catch himself.

Clements can be a very good cornerback, he just needs to learn how to use his head.

I think the negativity surrounding Clements is unfounded. Should he have tried to knock the pass down, instead of trying for the pick?? Yes!!! But at the same time, I have to give the guy credit...he was TRYING to make a big play- a game saving play. There AREN'T players on this team who even try to take it upon themselves to make a big play when it's needed most.

We have talented players galore, but inspite of their talent, NONE of them seem to WANT to be the guy to step up and make the game-saving or game-breaking play.

We just don't have any Bruce Smiths, or Kellys, or Talleys on this team. What we have are talented players without the heart or will to step up big in the key spot.

It's so frustrating!!!!

I think the negativity surrounding Clements is unfounded. Should he have tried to knock the pass down, instead of trying for the pick?? Yes!!! But at the same time, I have to give the guy credit...he was TRYING to make a big play- a game saving play.

29500[/snapback]

:doh::):lol:

The BIG PLAY would have been knocking the ball away. BALL GAME OVER.....BILLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's not forget if Clements doesn't go after the ball earlier in the game and get the pick we most likley not had the lead at the point in the game either. oYu can't have it two ways, everyone I am sure applauds Nate for his INT in the first half that lead to the Moulds TD but will then dump on him for doing the same thing later in the game. Now there's no telling for sure what Winfield would have done if he were in that situation but I have a feeling that Winfield would have been behind Smith and then just try to wrap him up with a tackle.

I know people will point to Winfield's two fumble recoveries yesterday but look at the play by play. The Vikings were up by 11 and 18 in the 4th Quarter which definately helps Winfield's situation where Clements was in a close game where any mistake will be greatly magnified (as seen by this posts and others).

I stand by that Clements is far and away a better CB then Winfield because he is a playmaker.

29365[/snapback]

Clements made TWO incredibly selfish plays in that game that directly led to 10 Houston points. He showboated and didnt make a simple tackle on a short completion that ended up a long score and worse, he tried to punch the ball out with a few seconds to go on his man that he was right behind and let him gain about 25 more yards that became a long FG. he personally lost that game for us more than any other player. Both times he was in perfect position to make the play, and then chose to do the punk-ass thing and not the fundamental thing. He has million dollar athletic gifts and a two-cent selfish head.