ARTICLE 2 OF IRAQI CONSTITUTION

Duke ran for the Republican presidential nomination in '92. Link.

But to be fair, he's bounced b/w the two parties, making and breaking alliances like underwear in a dryer without Bounce sheets. His voice really doesn't matter, as shown earlier this week.

417289[/snapback]

I said as senator. :lol: I knew what I was doing. I was staying strictly by the facts on that one.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to shake my head at libs that complain that the Iraqi constutional process isn't working because it is taking "too long" (none on this board, I think). A case of not learning history.

The Articles of Confederation were drafted in November 1777. They weren't in force until March 1781 when all 13 states ratified them (3.5 years). Our current constitution did not come about until 1787, another 6 YEARS later. That was 11 years after we declared our independence.

Getting to this point in less than 2 years after Saddam was caught is amazing.

Getting to this point in less than 2 years after Saddam was caught is amazing.

417302[/snapback]

It's a little less amazing given that they have multiple blueprints from which to steal ideas from, and all of the modern inconveniences such as electricity, computers, etc. But yes, these things do go slowly.

Doesn't follow, tho, that going slowly will produce a document that means more than the roll on my bathroom wall when it comes to the rights of all of their people. When that administration apologist on Meet the Press said it's really not all that bad if women don't have many right, I puked in my mouth a little. There's the first chip away, with more to follow, from the honorable sacrifice of 1,800 soldiers.