Pats pick up Andre' Davis

Thailog80

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And they are.

But I guess ignorance is bliss, right?  Your anti-Brady paradise won't be disturbed if you simply close your eyes and ears to the facts.

417013[/snapback]

I see you've opted to accept your proper title as "Liar". Nice RAC Pinocchio ;-)

Nothing like a good ole' fashioned argument with a Pats troll to pass the preseason away.  All we're missing now is a bet, where SDS can piss away numerous hours looking through the archives for some meaningless post. :lol:

417219[/snapback]

Bad bad, mentioning that bet, just going to stir up a lot of trouble

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing like a good ole' fashioned argument with a Pats troll to pass the preseason away.  All we're missing now is a bet, where SDS can piss away numerous hours looking through the archives for some meaningless post. :lol:

417219[/snapback]

My understanding is it took more like "minutes" to confirm the "bet" in question had been rejected.

I would agree that it's very similar to stats that directly contradict the purpose they've been presented for.

I see you've opted to accept your proper title as "Liar". Nice RAC Pinocchio ;-)

It's still shocking to me that you can't understand the nature of the data provided by the article in question, when it is obvious to me and all others who have read it.

That said, you're in luck - ATBNG has supplied me with the statistics that I was too lazy/incompetent to find. Many thanks go out to him for his help in making you look foolish:

CNN/SI has statistics on YAC as well as passing yardage from scrimmage from 2004. I looked up the passing stats for teams in 2004. I took each team's total passing yards from scrimmage and compared them to the total team YAC.

Here's the top 13 teams in the NFL in passing yards last season (since New England is 13th in yards from scrimmage).

1. Minny - 50.1% of the total passing yards consisted of YAC. The team had 4754 passing yards, and a team total of 2383 yards after the catch.

2. Indy - 38.1%

3. KC - 43.1%

4. St. Louis - 38.2%

5. Green Bay - 37.7%

6. Philly - 46.1%

7. Denver - 42.3%

8. Oakland - 40.8%

9. Tenn - 36.3%

10. Carolina - 33.7%

11. New Orleans - 37.0%

12. Tampa Bay - 46.5%

13. New England - 35.8%

The league average last year was 41.0%

So, out of the 13 teams that had the most passing yardage in the NFL last year, the Patriots were second in terms of what percentage component of that total came from the air as opposed what was gained after the completion was made.

There are your precious stats. They back up everything I've said in this thread, and everything that was stated in the article I provided. Now shut up and stop trolling.

It's still shocking to me that you can't understand the nature of the data provided by the article in question, when it is obvious to me and all others who have read it.

417249[/snapback]

I'm glad to see you finally acknowledge that the stats you were trying to pass off as supporting your positon were in fact a direct refutation of your representation.

As far as your honesty issues the first step is in acknowledging them. One step at a time, Pinocchio!

I'm glad to see you finally acknowledge that the stats you were trying to pass off as supporting your positon were in fact a direct refutation of your representation.

:lol:

Where did I do that, now?

The stats I supplied most certainly did support my position. I was arguing that Brady throws as many or more deep passes than the average QB, and the article I posted stated that Brady ranked 4th in the NFL in deep pass percentage.

How can you contend that that doesn't support my argument? The subject of our debate is Brady's deep pass percentage and one of the subjects of the article I posted is Brady's deep pass percentage. They are one and the same. Why can't you grasp this?

And as for your now-deleted comment on the accuracy of ATBNG's stats, here's where he likely got the total team YAC numbers.

That should settle it for you. You were wrong about Brady, you were wrong about the article I posted...you were wrong about EVERYTHING.

Now, seriously, stop trolling.

here's where he likely got the total team YAC numbers.

That should settle it for you.  You were wrong about Brady, you were wrong about the article I posted...you were wrong about EVERYTHING.

417270[/snapback]

Actually, the stats from ATBNG conclusively show only one thing- that the average pass in the air for NE traveled 8.21 yards in 2004. You can't then extrapolate the number of "deep balls" versus "short balls" from that stat in any way, or where the majority of their RAC came from, etc., those assumptions are not supported by the statistics.

A conclusion that CAN be supported from the ATBNG stats is that clearly long ball teams show a higher percentage of RAC than small ball teams. The 40%+ RAC teams are nearly exclusively the downfield passing teams while NE is down in the mix with most of the anemic short passing offenses.

But I realize that won't keep you from trying! You still claim the article you posted is based upon pass yardage with no RAC when in fact you know that's a lie. I'm sure it will surprise no one that you'll try to fabricate a conclusion from the other stats which in fact are in no way supported.

You still claim the article you posted is based upon pass yardage with no RAC when in fact you know that's a lie.

How so? I'll list two terms:

- Deep passes

- Vertical passes

How would you define those terms?

I should tell that I already know how you define "deep" passes, since you used the term earlier in this thread to describe balls that are launched by the QB at one point on the field and caught by a receiver at a point much further down the field. Having said that, I want to pose the question to you formally.

How would you define them?

How so?  I'll list two terms:

- Deep passes

- Vertical passes

How would you define those terms?

I should tell that I already know how you define "deep" passes, since you used the term earlier in this thread to

How would you define them?

417298[/snapback]

The definition depends upon whether we're including statistical evidence and applying the name or simply applying a fan's observations from field play. I'd approach it from the fan side by saying that since most downfield teams are going to go to the well maybe 5 or 6 times a game on the average and those are typically, with true "Long Ball" QBs like Culpepper tosses that break somehwere in the 45+ yards from QB to Receiver, I could live with a 45+ number without, of course RAC. Obviously we're not talking about any quality issues here, but the dinkers in the league can get maybe one big toss like that in a game without losing their arm over the course of the season but it's only the big boys who can do it any time and with regularity.

Vertical passing is simply over the top of the defense and hence with stuffed running formations on the other side of the ball can be 20 yard passes in the right circumstances. The term is open to some intepretation, it surely is used in a variety of ways by game commentators, but a vertical game is simply an empahsis away from the sidelines and instead over the top of the D, in other words Yin to the lateral passing games Yang.

So we're in agreement, then.

Glad that's settled.  You, me, and Dr. Z (among others) all consider Brady one of the best deep passers around.  I knew you'd come around.

417315[/snapback]

Yeah, when we see Brady tossing 6 or 7 50-yard balls a game back to back in the regular season I expect we'll have a few calls for a urine sample ;-)

Yeah, when we see Brady tossing 6 or 7 50-yard balls a game back to back in the regular season I expect we'll have a few calls for a urine sample ;-)

417325[/snapback]

Up from 5 or 6, I see. Seems your qualifications for "deep passer" are rising.

Fourth highest percentage of deep passes in the league, with "deep passes" being defined by you as passes that travel extended distances in the air. It's right there for whenever you want to acknowledge it.

Up from 5 or 6, I see.  Seems your qualifications for "deep passer" are rising.

Fourth highest percentage of deep passes in the league, with "deep passes" being defined by you as passes that travel extended distances in the air.  It's right there for whenever you want to acknowledge it.

417346[/snapback]

You might save a little on Belladonna root- boil 'er up and chew to your heart's content. It should provide the same hallucinations you're getting from the Testor's without violating your court order to stay out of the hobby store ;-)

I love the fact that AKC tries to go through all this trouble to throw a few drops of rain on the Patriots THREE CHAMPIONSHIP PARADES.

His efforts of course, are futile.     Much like Picard's efforts to beat Kirk in the "Be a man" contest.

417357[/snapback]

That's odd, I didn't even hear your Clown Horn!

My Yankees have given me 9 CHAMPIONSHIP PARADES. I'm surprised you haven't bought one of their jerseys yet.

I enjoy seeing the silly and uniformed act even sillier and less informed- it makes the Bandwagon crash so much more fun to watch 8-)