We need Nate!

Frez

We need to keep Nate Clements in Buffalo for another 5 years. The guy is a playmaker and probably the best CB in the NFL today.

Here's my feelings on how to keep him here.

Cut Eric Moulds or London Fletcher next year and give that money to Nate. Eric and London are both getting up there in age and both are replacable if you ask me. London Fletcher can be replaced buy one of our LB's already on the roster. We can move Lee Evans to our #1 guy and find a free agent WR to fill the #2 spot. Eric Moulds is past his prime, time to move on.

We need to get Nate signed to a long term deal before the season starts this year!

I'd have to see Angelo Crowell play some significant time this season to have any idea if we can so "easily" replace fletcher. I was never really a London Fletcher fan however his play the last few years has changed my mind. Like him playing on special teams last year, and the one play that sticks out in my mind is in the 1st Bills/Jets game last year seeing fletcher chase down santana moss and bring him down. Evans needs to have at least a 1200 yard season before I'd feel any type of comfortable about replacing moulds. I'd also like to see some type of productivity out of one of the other wr's that would warrant being to let moulds go. I believe we led the nfl last year in least production outside of our #1 and #2 options. I believe Nate is priority #1 but we're not so deep at wr that we can let moulds walk. I'd be more inclined to see Mike Williams take a pay cut get rid of Jeff Posey/Sam Adams/Coy Wire/ Mark Campbell we need some type of youth infusion on defense and Mark Campbell brings nothing but cement shoes and average run blocking to the table. You can get that from any nobody te.

I'd have to see Angelo Crowell play some significant time this season to have any idea if we can so "easily" replace fletcher. I was never really a London Fletcher fan however his play the last few years has changed my mind. Like him playing on special teams last year, and the one play that sticks out in my mind is in the 1st Bills/Jets game last year seeing fletcher chase down santana moss and bring him down.    Evans needs to have at least a 1200 yard season before I'd feel any type of comfortable about replacing moulds. I'd also like to see some type of productivity out of one of the other wr's that would warrant being to let moulds go.  I believe we led the nfl last year in least production outside of our #1 and #2 options.  I believe Nate is priority #1 but we're not so deep at wr that we can let moulds walk.  I'd be more inclined to see Mike Williams take a pay cut get rid of Jeff Posey/Sam Adams/Coy Wire/ Mark Campbell we need some type of youth infusion on defense and Mark Campbell brings nothing but cement shoes and average run blocking to the table.  You can get that from any nobody te.

413737[/snapback]

How many drops did Moulds have last year? He's not the same guy he was 4 years ago.

We need to keep Nate Clements in Buffalo for another 5 years. The guy is a playmaker and probably the best CB in the NFL today.

Cut Eric Moulds or London Fletcher next year and give that money to Nate. Eric and London are both getting up there in age and both are replacable if you ask me. London Fletcher can be replaced buy one of our LB's already on the roster. We can move Lee Evans to our #1 guy and find a free agent WR to fill the #2 spot. Eric Moulds is past his prime, time to move on.

We need to get Nate signed to a long term deal before the season starts this year!

413600[/snapback]

He maybe one of the best but it is no longer difficult to entice hot shot high school qb's and rb's to switch to corner or safety...thus the talent pool flows unabated and as a result there is no need to overspend to a position that has a plethora of able candidates- quick how many more good corners than qb's? many more to be sure. As long as the cap is in place no team can afford more than six highly compensated people. do the arithmetic surely after seven at say 6 mil each you are approaching 42 mil or nearly half the cap .remainder is roughly a mil each for other 46 players...and that is if you go injury and dead money free

No enjoy Nate for this year and keep an eye on Eric King. It is ALL about cap

I hope they can do a deal with this guy.

Maybe 5 years $42 million (that averages $8.4 million and that would put him in the top 5)

signing bonus $16 million (counts $3.2 million per year)

1st $2.0 million (cap figure: $5.2 million)

2nd $3.0 million (cap figure: $6.2 million)

3rd $5.0 million (cap figure: $8.2 million)

4th $7.0 million (cap figure: $10.2 million)

5th $9.0 million (cap figure: $12.2 million)

Obviously, you'd be redoing the deal after the 3rd year, possibly adding another year and bring $8 million to the front)

413600[/snapback]

I'm all for it! Except, that we shouldn't throw Jennings type numbers just to keep one guy. Sorry, but team first.

LMAO@cutting Moulds. :o Do you think Evans put up those numbers because DB was the QB?! :angry:

:P

Eric is the reason why Lee had the year he had. Not to mention that he was the more mature of any of the other rookie receivers out there. Yes, even better than the Bucs rookie who put up bigger numbers.

You are nuts. Cutting Moulds is stupid.

I do think that the Bills will let Fletcher walk and may even allow Spikes to roam the middle.

413600[/snapback]

You are nuts. Cutting Moulds is stupid. 

I do think that the Bills will let Fletcher walk and may even allow Spikes to roam the middle.

413901[/snapback]

i'm not fond of the idea of cutting moulds, but if it means keeping clements, then so be it :angry:

and we may let Fletcher walk, but he may not go far. I think he likes it here and may choose to stay at a reduced salary

I'm all for it!  Except, that we shouldn't throw Jennings type numbers just to keep one guy.  Sorry, but team first. 

LMAO@cutting Moulds.    :o    Do you think Evans put up those numbers because DB was the QB?!    :angry:

:P

Eric is the reason why Lee had the year he had.  Not to mention that he was the more mature of any of the other rookie receivers out there.  Yes, even better than the Bucs rookie who put up bigger numbers.

413872[/snapback]

Nate Clements is far from a Jonas Jennings type of player.

Jennings = average at best

Clements = PLAYMAKER!

Good for you jarthur31 and dawgg. It just makes me shake my head when I hear people looking to dump Moulds. Besides how he has bled blue for this organization, he's been a great mentor for any of our past and current WRs. Remember Price? Hasn't done crap without Moulds. Sure looks like a fair comparison with the Lee Evans situation. Before anyone starts blasting me on his up and down seasons, let me just ask how many GMs, head coaches, offensive coordinators, AND QBs (not to mention that none of these have been too memorable) has this poor guy endured? The ONLY thing that I regret about Moulds is that this guy got robbed of truly displaying his abilities during his career. IMHO, if this franchise had any kind of continuity during his career here, we would be talking Hall of Fame.

I chose Moulds in my FF draft Friday night in the 10th round and I'm sorry to have disrespected him by taking him so late, he deserves better. Talley is and always will be my favorite Bill but Eric isn't far behind him. I'm grateful that he chose to play for my favorite team. We'll be sorry when he's gone.

Good for you jarthur31 and dawgg. It just makes me shake my head when I hear people looking to dump Moulds. Besides how he has bled blue for this organization, he's been a great mentor for any of our past and current WRs. Remember Price? Hasn't done crap without Moulds. Sure looks like a fair comparison with the Lee Evans situation. Before anyone starts blasting me on his up and down seasons, let me just ask how many GMs, head coaches, offensive coordinators, AND QBs (not to mention that none of these have been too memorable) has this poor guy endured? The ONLY thing that I regret about Moulds is that this guy got robbed of truly displaying his abilities during his career. IMHO, if this franchise had any kind of continuity during his career here, we would be talking Hall of Fame.

I chose Moulds in my FF draft Friday night in the 10th round and I'm sorry to have disrespected him by taking him so late, he deserves better. Talley is and always will be my favorite Bill but Eric isn't far behind him. I'm grateful that he chose to play for my favorite team. We'll be sorry when he's gone.

413906[/snapback]

You're going to have to cut your love with Eric sooner or later. I'm betting it will be at the end of this season. I wonder why Eric lasted until the 10th friggen round?

Nate is the up and coming of the Buffalo Bills and needs to be here another 5 years. If we can keep Eric on the roster to ,I'm all for it. I could care less who we cut but we MUST find a way to keep Nate the PLAYMAKER.

If we let him walk next year he will be the #1 sought after free agent on the market.

I don't disagree about the importance of retaining Clements. I think that there's numerous options and time left.

As far as losing Moulds at the end of the year, who knows. There is no way that Buffalo is going to pay him that kind of money for next year. This too I agree with but I think Moulds will restructure again if that is possible. As far as him lasting to the 10th round, well I never said that there are Einsteins in this league. It's a QB heavy type league and if you haven't guessed by now, our little JP Losman wasn't even a thought. All we need, and Moulds, is for JP not to get too amped up and just managed this offense. There's plenty of weapons on it and he doesn't have to be a superstar. As long as he can do that, I promise you that by season's end Moulds will make us proud.

You're going to have to cut your love with Eric sooner or later. I'm betting it will be at the end of this season. I wonder why Eric lasted until the 10th friggen round?

Nate is the up and coming of the Buffalo Bills and needs to be here another 5 years. If we can keep Eric on the roster to ,I'm all for it. I could care less who we cut but we MUST find a way to keep Nate the PLAYMAKER.

If we let him walk next year he will be the #1 sought after free agent on the market.

413924[/snapback]

Is it getting harder to type?

Let's see, what would the two best teams in the League do? Philly and New England wouldn't shell out the $$ that Nate wants (i.e., more than any other CB in the League, or near that). Both of those teams drafted young CBs in anticipation of letting their stars walk (Vincent, Taylor, Law).

Nate is a stud - he's young, talented, one of the top playmakers in the League. Unfortunately, he's replaceable with some young, aggressive playmakers (King, Greer, McGee, next year's #1 pick), and more of a passrush. I'd rather spend the money on other places - like, say, 4 or 5 positions (McGahee, Kelsay extensions; o-line).

I say he walks.

Of course. Although it's not what you are hoping for, I would assume that if the Bills decide not to give him a long term deal, they will tag and trade him. Why not? If Nate plays up to his ability (being a contract year I'm sure he will), there is no way we don't get a first for him. There is always a team that is desperate to improve their defense (think KC this year), and here they would have the opportunity to have one of the best young CB's in the game.

That would give us at least two 1sts and two 3rds. 5 picks on day one wouldn't be too bad.