Article on realfootball365.com says...

"rocket" of an arm!?! He claims to have been watching JP in the pre-season and does say that his mobility is what sets JP apart from Drew (talk about stating the obvious) but for him to say that Bledsoe has a stronger arm? I 've watched the Bills-Colts game a couple of times now as well as some bits of other games and although I may be a bit biased I have not seen a harder thrown ball than JP's, in fact a couple of his rockets you have to pause the tape and frame advance in order to actually see the football! Any of you guys see JP throw a long bomb yet? So far I haven't, but can't wait to see him air one out. <_<

"rocket" of an arm!?! He claims to have been watching JP in the pre-season and does say that his mobility is what sets JP apart from Drew (talk about stating the obvious) but for him to say that Bledsoe has a stronger arm? I 've watched the Bills-Colts game a couple of times now as well as some bits of other games and although I may be a bit biased I have not seen a harder thrown ball than JP's, in fact a couple of his rockets you have to pause the tape and frame advance in order to actually see the football! Any of you guys see JP throw a long bomb yet? So far I haven't, but can't wait to see him air one out. <_<

410677[/snapback]

I've seen him do a couple of pretty long ones at the practices... so if he throws the same way in games, I think JP's arm can easily rival Bledsoe's.

410677[/snapback]

When you say JP throws the hardest ball you've seen, do you mean that the velocity could actually rival say the bullets John Elway threw? I am not asking anyone to compare the two #7s, but I was just wondering how hard is he really throwing it.

Lee Evans is quoted in Bills Digest saying he's had to ask JP to throw a little lighter at times.

Yeah and JP's not AS handsome as Drew either. <_<

If JP doesn't have AS strong an arm as Drew, it doesn't matter.  What matters more is quickness of release and placement, and enough strength to throw into wind.  He's got that.

410691[/snapback]

Absolutely, it's more important to have a qb with a lighting fast release and cannon arm in comparison to Bledsoe, with his pat-pat-pat...long laborious release, regardless if, assuming, Bledsoe can throw the ball 3 yards further.

anyone who watched the preseason game last week knows that JP has a cannon. seriously, a couple of passes he threw down the middle were too fast for the cameraman.

i'm not comparing his arm to drew's, but there's absolutely no worry about him not being able to sling it.

Losman might not have as strong of an arm as Bledsoe, but he still has a very good arm from what I've seen.

Bledsoe had a VERY strong arm. If you don't believe me, go back & get a tape & watch those 10 yard screen passes he used to throw <_<

when are you guys going to stop reading "articles" on fan sites and treating the information as gospel? who the hell is hugo guzman?

doesn't anyone remember the preseason game against denver last season when losman threw the out pattern and shanahan said on the sidelines, "whoa, we've got a football player here." that was because the pass got there in the blink of an eye.

losman's arm is strong. he's talented. geez, can we end this thread now?

doesn't anyone remember the preseason game against denver last season when losman threw the out pattern and shanahan said on the sidelines, "whoa, we've got a football player here."  that was because the pass got there in the blink of an eye.

410776[/snapback]

I was there and said to the guy next to me, "I bet the next play is an out pattern because the coaches want to see what they got here" 5 sec. later he threw that out pattern and we all started laughing "We got something here!" First time I almost got a preseason celebration hug from a guy from Grand Island. :D

"rocket" of an arm!?! He claims to have been watching JP in the pre-season and does say that his mobility is what sets JP apart from Drew (talk about stating the obvious) but for him to say that Bledsoe has a stronger arm? I 've watched the Bills-Colts game a couple of times now as well as some bits of other games and although I may be a bit biased I have not seen a harder thrown ball than JP's, in fact a couple of his rockets you have to pause the tape and frame advance in order to actually see the football! Any of you guys see JP throw a long bomb yet? So far I haven't, but can't wait to see him air one out. :D

410677[/snapback]

i don't know who has a stronger arm today, but i know that in his prime there are very few QB's that had a stronger arm then Drew Bledsoe.