My first 2005 Fantasy Football Draft (revised)

bluenews

How would you grade my draft?

PROJECTED STARTERS

QB Daunte Culpepper, Min

RB Clinton Portis, Was

WR Hines Ward, Pit

WR Torry Holt, StL

WR Larry Fitzgerald, Ari

TE Alge Crumpler, Atl

D/ST Bills D/ST, Buf

K Adam Vinatieri

RESERVES

Bench Michael Bennett, Min

Bench Derrick Mason, Bal

Bench Amani Toomer, NYG

Bench Kurt Warner, Ari

Bench Nick Goings, Car

Bench Jermaine Wiggins, Min

Bench Chris Perry, Cin

Bench Redskins D/ST

Ten Team League and I drafted #5

rd1 Daunte Culpepper, Min

rd2 Clinton Portis, Was

rd3 Torry Holt, StL

rd4 Larry Fitzgerald, Ari

rd5 Hines Ward, Pit

rd6 Michael Bennett, Min

rd7 Alge Crumpler, Atl

rd8 Bills D/ST, Buf

rd9 Derrick Mason, Bal

rd10 Adam Vinatieri, NE

rd11 Amani Toomer, NYG

rd12 Kurt Warner, Ari

rd13 Nick Goings, Car

rd14 Jermaine Wiggins, Min

rd15 Chris Perry, Cin

rd16 Redskins D/ST, Was

I have to seriously question Culpepper with the #5 overall pick, unless the scoring is severely tilted in favor of QBs. Where did Manning get picked? I'd like your team a lot better if you had picked a top flight RB (ie., McGahee) in the first round and added a good QB later. I'm sure you could have had a very solid QB in the 4th round and still had 2 top flight WRs.

I agree with above. However, if you told me you took portis in round 1 and cullpepper in round 2, nobody would be saying anything. So the fact you took him in round 1 and portis in round 2...i guess it really doesnt matter.

Does your league only start 1 RB? If so, you did okay....Portis is a good RB, but I would want someone other than Bennet, Goings and Perry backing him up.

In fact, Keep bennett, but get rid of goings and perry. Bennett may start, but the others are backups at best. Goings is the 4th RB in Carolina this year (Behind Foster, Shelton and Davis). Pick up some guys with a real chance of playing. (i.e. Jacobs from NYG, Toefield JAX, Anyone from Denver, heck even joe burns is a better play than Goings at the moment.)

WR is solid, especially since ward is now in camp. I like crumpler alot this year. Vinny and the Bills are also solid.

I think your starting team is good enough to compete with the top of your league...however any injuries and I think you are hurting pretty badly.

Oh, and are TDs worth 6 points for a QB? I would really need to see a scoring breakdown...

I agree, Goings is wasting space on your roster. He'll be the 4th option in Carolina...although, that's what he was last year. :huh:

As pointed out, your extremely thin at RB depth. If Portis goes down, you're whole season is fubared. You have good depth at reciever, TE and I like Warner in AZ this year. I'd check the WW for a rookie, a young back with potential or a goal line vulture (Duckett, Moe Williams). Other options are to move a WR & TE. Good chance Mason will suffer with Boller throwing the ball so move him before the season gets going. Possibly package him with Wiggins. I like Wiggins, but you can only start one TE at a time and you already have Crumpler. Pick up a TE off the WW to fill in for Atlanta's bye week. Finally, if Warner starts off hot, you could trade him.

As mentioned your RB depth is definately something you need to work on. I had Mewelde Moore last year and he did quite well when he got the chance to start of course my league does favor RBs that can catch as well as run so would concur with BillsFanInTexas' comments. If he's not ship someon like Toomer and/or Wiggins for a Kevan Barlow type, who should at least start every week unlike your current backups.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.