Camp Report 8/17 morning

rockpile

yeah he did.  I can't believe Rockpile missed that.  <_<

:)

410059[/snapback]

I was on the side with the defense for my whole 90 minutes of practice. :( I did not see McGahee in the morning but he ran several drills in the afternoon and looked fine. No one tried to drill him though. 0:)

I did not make it back to Fisher until 4PM, but got to see over an hour of drills. They had Lindell kicking FGs, moving back 5 to 7 yards each try until he was spitting the uprights from 45 yards. Then Baker came on to kick a couple but missed at 40 yards or so and got some boos from the crowd. They pulled Baker and brought Lindell back on. The OLs and D backs lined up and then about a dozen or more players formed a "U" shape around Lindell and hooted at him for distraction. The snap and hold was good and the kick was a good 50 yard FG that had plenty of extra leg. The crowd was cheering with the team. That was a lot of fun.

I have to say that after the afternoon session, Willis was walking to the end zone fence to sign autographs and there was a slight but obvious limp. So he is playing through the pain, but if it was serious he would not have been out there.

I thought the afternoon practice (11/11) was a bit sloppy. JP was the best QB (not perfect but he was giving it 100%). Holcomb and Matthews seemed a bit "lazy" if that makes any sense. It is pretty obvious that they are a solid #2 and #3. They need this weekend to bring some life to the drills.

I think this was the last "two-a-day". I will be there Monday night and Wednesday PM next week, when they break camp.

They did use almost every running back in every circumstance they could, with film running. When is the first cut down?

I was playing with a new camera today (Kodak Z740 5MP Digital with 10x Optical Zoom) and will try to post some pictures soon.

Oh great - now the gates have been cracked open for a deluge of hopeful "Coy Wire is an All-Pro" rants from the CWACs  :)

0:)

Nice report anyway - Thanks

410056[/snapback]

Should I only report what people want to hear? What am I, CNN? <_<

Awesome report. I'm glad the quarterbacks looked better than they did for Monday night, because I was quite disappointed in their performance that day... in fact I was pretty disappointed in the WHOLE OFFENSE that day.

I'm hoping Lindell has a better season this year... I'm always very skeptical... but he really does seem to be doing well in practice so hopefully this year could be good for him.

As for McGahee... i'm still completely worried about him. Something just doesn't seem right over there at training camp... Hopefully this "limp" is really nothing... but the whole thing seems awfully fishy to me.

I'll be there next Monday too, but unfortunately my work has decided that I need to go in next wednesday for some CPR course... Fun wow.

Awesome report.  I'm glad the quarterbacks looked better than they did for Monday night, because I was quite disappointed in their performance that day... in fact I was pretty disappointed in the WHOLE OFFENSE that day. 

I'm hoping Lindell has a better season this year...  I'm always very skeptical... but he really does seem to be doing well in practice so hopefully this year could be good for him.

As for McGahee... i'm still completely worried about him.  Something just doesn't seem right over there at training camp...  Hopefully this "limp" is really nothing... but the whole thing seems awfully fishy to me.

I'll be there next Monday too, but unfortunately my work has decided that I need to go in next wednesday for some CPR course... Fun wow.

410682[/snapback]

I think that it's done next Tuesday, not Wednesday.

As for McGahee... i'm still completely worried about him.  Something just doesn't seem right over there at training camp...  Hopefully this "limp" is really nothing... but the whole thing seems awfully fishy to me.

From what I've heard, he was dragged down from behind. That can do SERIOUS damage to someone (and I think TO broke his ankle that way). The fact that he was able to practice yesterday says something, but I'd still rest him this weekend.