Cindy Sheehan is a puppet and a nut

"...has gonr political wacko..." "...is now on a mission ... to... smear ...  and spread hate. I have a hard time standing by and watching my country disrespected in such a way."

408907[/snapback]

Smearing hate, yep that is your stock and trade as far as I can tell, I just don't understand why you are getting so upset just becuase someone else has horned in on your act. I don't think you can do much about Cindy Sheehan but you ought to be able to control your own vitriol but then again, everyone here knows that ship has sailed long, long ago.

By the way, all blind hero worship aside, disrespecting George Bush is not disrespecting the country, the man and the nation are not one. As for what this youngman thought about the war and George Bush, forgive me if I take her word for it over yours.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smearing hate, yep that is your stock and trade as far as I can tell, I just don't understand why you are getting so upset just becuase someone else has horned in on your act.  I don't think you can do much about Cindy Sheehan but you ought to be able to control your own vitriol but then again, everyone here knows that ship has sailed long, long ago.

By the way, all blind hero worship aside, disrespecting George Bush is not disrespecting the country, the man and the nation are not one.  As for what this youngman thought about the war and George Bush, forgive me if I take her word for it over yours.

408982[/snapback]

Its not that she's "disrespecting" anyone as to why I think she should STFU. IMO, she should STFU becuase she's full of sh--.

Smearing hate, yep that is your stock and trade as far as I can tell, I just don't understand why you are getting so upset just becuase someone else has horned in on your act.  I don't think you can do much about Cindy Sheehan but you ought to be able to control your own vitriol but then again, everyone here knows that ship has sailed long, long ago.

By the way, all blind hero worship aside, disrespecting George Bush is not disrespecting the country, the man and the nation are not one.  As for what this youngman thought about the war and George Bush, forgive me if I take her word for it over yours.

408982[/snapback]

Cclearly RIO has an insight to the Sheehan family that none of us do.

He knows the son's mindset, he knows the reason for their pending divorce,

and he knows the state of Cindy's mental health. Maybe he lives next door to them.

and he knows the state of Cindy's mental health. Maybe he lives next door to them.

409174[/snapback]

All you need to do is read quotes from the woman to understand that her mental health is a disaster at this point.

All you need to do is read quotes from the woman to understand that her mental health is a disaster at this point.

409178[/snapback]

I know, her son's death has been was a long time ago, accoording to DR Rich its time she needs to stop acting like a nut, hack, wacko.

I know, her son's death has been was a long time ago,  accoording to DR Rich  its time she needs to stop acting like a nut, hack, wacko.

409190[/snapback]

It IS time for her to stop acting like a nut, hack, and wacko. This isn't accomplishing ANYTHING (except possibly telling the terrorists that killing Americans gets you a lot of press back in the U.S. if they happen to have insane family members) and I imagine most of us would want our family members to go on with their lives and try to be happy if something happened to us (in war, a car accident, anything).

It IS time for her to stop acting like a nut, hack, and wacko.  This isn't accomplishing ANYTHING (except possibly telling the terrorists that killing Americans gets you a lot of press back in the U.S. if they happen to have insane family members) and I imagine most of us would want our family members to go on with their lives and try to be happy if something happened to us (in war, a car accident, anything).

409196[/snapback]

I would never wish for you or I to walk in her shoe's. I'm not going to judge

her response to her tragedy. I don't think the terrorist give a flip about this

protest in Crawford, hell they blow up children, women and troops alike, nothing

affects people like them.

I would never wish for you or I to walk in her shoe's. I'm not going to judge

her response to her tragedy. I don't think the terrorist give a flip about this

protest in Crawford, hell they blow up children, women and troops alike, nothing

affects people like them.

409208[/snapback]

Right, I would never wish for anyone to walk in her shoes. But a lot of people do.

I think it's a testiment to military families that after almost 4 years of the GWOT, we've only had one mother go totally nuts and start accusing President Bush of murdering her son on national TV every night.

Do you really think that members of our military are overly sensitive to this kind of stuff? I mean, anytime that anyone speaks out against this stuff, do you really imagine it is a blow to their morale? The people I have known in the military rarely seem overly sensitive to it, at least the ones I know. Forgive me for speculating aloud but the military people I respect do not seem to be swayed by partisan messages from the left or the right. I suggest this respectfully: to think that anything like this Cindy Sheehan thing is a terrible blow to morale drips with condescension for the military. I just don't believe that they are that fragile when It comes to this kind of stuff. Do you really think so?

Do you really think that members of our military are overly sensitive to this kind of stuff? I mean, anytime that anyone speaks out against this stuff, do you really imagine it is a blow to their morale? The people I have known in the military rarely seem overly sensitive to it, at least the ones I know. Forgive me for speculating aloud but the military people I respect do not seem to be swayed by partisan messages from the left or the right. I suggest this respectfully: to think that anything like this Cindy Sheehan thing is a terrible blow to morale drips with condescension for the military. I just don't believe that they are that fragile when It comes to this kind of stuff. Do you really think so?

409235[/snapback]

I don't. But I haven't been in a line unit for 13 years. I still really doubt they do. they have much bigger things to worry about, for example - staying alive and in one piece. Most of them probably couldn't give a rat's ass.

408982[/snapback]

No need to take either my word or hers mick, perhaps we should both take the word of the normal family members that were in his life. They all seem to disaree with the nut case.

And regardless of what you say, when she allowed herself to be used by the liberal left hate machine she opened herself up and now she is being exposed. She is becoming a joke, and I have no doubt that she started with good intentions. But this is what happens when you let nuts like those on the liberal left steer you.

It IS time for her to stop acting like a nut, hack, and wacko.  This isn't accomplishing ANYTHING (except possibly telling the terrorists that killing Americans gets you a lot of press back in the U.S. if they happen to have insane family members) and I imagine most of us would want our family members to go on with their lives and try to be happy if something happened to us (in war, a car accident, anything).

409196[/snapback]

Right, because before Cindy came along, they had no idea that killing Americans kind of gets our attention. In fact, I think a strong argument can be made that terrorism itself was invented in response to Cindy Sheehan. Why, if it weren't for her, there would be no war and no terrorists.

Is this kind of thinking a prelude to blaming setbacks in the war on protesters? From here on in are we going to see posts after every roadside bomb killing in Iraq claiming that it is all Cindy Sheehan's fault? Makes sense.

409174[/snapback]

Nope...just happen to pay attention. Try it, and maybe you to will gain amazing insight.

She is a nut...plain and simple. He was a soldier (by all accounts a good one) plain and simple. Her husband has filed for divorce, plain and simple. her family disagrees with her stance, plain and simple.

With all those plain and simples....why is it so difficult for you to comprehend???

Right, I would never wish for anyone to walk in her shoes.  But a lot of people do.

I think it's a testiment to military families that after almost 4 years of the GWOT, we've only had one mother go totally nuts and start accusing President Bush of murdering her son on national TV every night.

409220[/snapback]

Very well said.

"hate machine...being exposed...becoming a joke... this is what happens when you let nuts ... steer you"

409482[/snapback]

Once again, you describe yourself perfectly. I think you recognize this kind of thing better than most as it is your own mo.

I haven't been trolling through Drudge and the like to see what his third cousin on his father's side twice removed has to say about what he was like. Unlike you, I have not ventured a single guess as to whether he would applaud his mother's actions or deplore them because I didn't know him. Neither did you but you have no problem taking a side anyway. As between you and her, I'm thinking she knew him a little better.

Right, because before Cindy came along, they had no idea that killing Americans kind of gets our attention.  In fact, I think a strong argument can be made that terrorism itself was invented in response to Cindy Sheehan.  Why, if it weren't for her, there would be no war and no terrorists. 

Is this kind of thinking a prelude to blaming setbacks in the war on protesters?  From here on in are we going to see posts after every roadside bomb killing in Iraq claiming that it is all Cindy Sheehan's fault?  Makes sense.

409483[/snapback]

Uh huh, I like how you pretend to misinterpret what I'm saying with every post. Very effective argument tactics there.

Seriously, if I had to resort to that to make my point, it'd be pretty obvious to me that it wasn't worth making.

Thank you Doctor.

409477[/snapback]

Right on. In the meantime, here are some more quotes from what you think is a mentally well person.

Link

MATTHEWS:  Can I ask you a tough question?  A very tough question.

SHEEHAN:  Yes.

MATTHEWS:  All right.  If your son had been killed in Afghanistan, would you have a different feeling?

SHEEHAN:  I don't think so, Chris, because I believe that Afghanistan is almost the same thing.  We're fighting terrorism.  Or terrorists, we're saying.  But they're not contained in a country.  This is an ideology and not an enemy.  And we know that Iraq, Iraq had no terrorism.  They were no threat to the United States of America.

MATTHEWS:  But Afghanistan was harboring, the Taliban was harboring al-Qaida which is the group that attacked us on 9/11.

SHEEHAN:  Well then we should have gone after al-Qaida and maybe not after the country of Afghanistan.

All together now - WHAT?

Iraq had no terrorism, except for that giant list of things that AD periodically posts on this message board.

And I don't even know what she was saying about not "attacking the country of Afghanistan." The woman brings incoherence to a new level and yet every media outlet wants to know what she has to say. Nope, no bias there.

Nope...just happen to pay attention. Try it, and maybe you to will gain amazing insight.

She is a nut...plain and simple. He was a soldier (by all accounts a good one) plain and simple. Her husband has filed for divorce, plain and simple. her family disagrees with her stance, plain and simple.

With all those plain and simples....why is it so difficult for you to comprehend???

409484[/snapback]

I do comprehend that you are plain and simple.,,,,, nut ,divorce, family disagrees. shot her!

She's a nut, a whacko all that stuff...and add anti-semite to the list.

http://www.rjchq.org/News.asp?Formmode=Detail&ID=918

Is "Blame Israel First" the Democrats' Message?

Monday, August 15, 2005

“You get America out of Iraq and Israel out of Palestine

and you'll stop the terrorism.”

-- Cindy Sheehan, anti-war protestor in Crawford.

The front page of just about every newspaper this weekend noted the anti-war protest of Cindy Sheehan, the mother of a soldier who was killed in Iraq. The Democrats have jumped on board Ms. Sheehan’s protest – casting her and her message as heroic examples for the rest of the nation.

She has been heralded by Democrats such as Joe Trippi, campaign manager for Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean’s campaign for President, Michael Moore, and organizations such as Democrats.com, MoveOn.org, True Majority, and Democracy for America.

While Democrats are busy making Cindy Sheehan their spokesman and avatar of their views, we see her as yet another example of how critics of Israel within the Democratic Party have taken control of the party's agenda.

If Cindy Sheehan’s ideas are what the Democrats have to offer, then more and more American Jews will continue to see that there is no place for them in the Democratic Party.

Take another look at the quote at the top of this letter. If only it were an aberration. Unfortunately, it represents only a tip of the iceberg of Ms. Sheehan’s world-view.

In a letter to Nightline, Ms. Sheehan wrote that the entire Iraq War was part of a neo-conservative plot to benefit Israel:

"Am I emotional? Yes, my first born was murdered. Am I angry? Yes, he was killed for lies and for a PNAC Neo-Con agenda to benefit Israel. My son joined the Army to protect America, not Israel."

Cindy Sheehan's letter

And Ms. Sheehan, the voice of Democrat opposition to the war, reported what she would tell the President if she were to meet him (again):

"You tell me the truth. You tell me that my son died for oil. You tell me that my son died to make your friends rich. You tell me my son died to spread the cancer of Pax Americana[italics mine], imperialism in the Middle East."

www.truthout.org

Is that where the Democrats are on the War in Iraq – and on US policy in the Middle East? The elimination of Saddam Hussein’s tyrannical rule is a victory for the oil companies and for American imperialism?

You know, as well as I, that Saddam Hussein launched scud missiles at Israel.

You know that he operated rape rooms and torture chambers.

You know that he launched chemical weapons at his own people.

You know that he housed terrorists as his guests in Iraq – terrorists such as Abu Nidal, who murdered Leon Klinghoffer on the Achille Lauro cruise ship.

You know that Saddam paid a bounty of $25,000 to the families of Palestinian homicide bombers.

You know that he was a threat to the stability of the entire region.

You also know that there were strong links between Saddam’s Iraq and Al Qaeda (for a new comprehensive summary of the latest evidence, check out www.HusseinAndTerror.com ).

Uh huh, I like how you pretend to misinterpret what I'm saying with every post.  Very effective argument tactics there.

Seriously, if I had to resort to that to make my point, it'd be pretty obvious to me that it wasn't worth making.

409510[/snapback]

Pretty much exactly what you said:

"This isn't accomplishing ANYTHING (except possibly telling the terrorists that killing Americans gets you a lot of press back in the U.S. if they happen to have insane family members)..."

Clearly, the terrorists were aware that killing Americans gets our attention long before Cindy Sheehan came along so what is it that her actions are "telling" the terrorists that they didn't know already? What exactly is your point here, that she is helping terrorists? Please explain.

Pretty much exactly what you said:

"This isn't accomplishing ANYTHING (except possibly telling the terrorists that killing Americans gets you a lot of press back in the U.S. if they happen to have insane family members)..."

Clearly, the terrorists were aware that killing Americans gets our attention long before Cindy Sheehan came along so what is it that her actions are "telling" the terrorists that they didn't know already?  What exactly is your point here, that she is helping terrorists?  Please explain.

409578[/snapback]

Yes, my point is that this is NOT helping our forces fighting the GWOT and that this is exactly what the terrorists want.

They know they can't defeat us militarily, but if they kill enough Americans, they can turn public opinion against the war and eventually get what they want. She didn't raise their awareness of how helpful it is for them to kill us, she is just confirming their suspicions.

New Sheehan looney tune:

'We are waging a nuclear war in Iraq right now. That country is contaminated. It will be contaminated for practically eternity now'...

<_<

Train left the station a loooong time ago.

What are the odds that this chick is paraded up on stage during the Dem's '08 convention?  I'd say they are pretty daggum good.

410544[/snapback]

I'll take that bet, good point Boom. Just imagine, her, Kennedy, Michelle Moore, Natzi Pollisi, Dean, all on stage, breathtaking...........

What are the odds that this chick is paraded up on stage during the Dem's '08 convention?  I'd say they are pretty daggum good.

410544[/snapback]

You know your over the top when you refer to a dead soldiers mother who doesn't agree with you as a "chick"?

New Sheehan looney tune:

'We are waging a nuclear war in Iraq right now. That country is contaminated. It will be contaminated for practically eternity now'...

:D

Train left the station a loooong time ago.

410514[/snapback]

I believe she said this in the context of DU.

Linky

I thought Global Security's take on her was interesting:

Part of the essay:

The incompetence of the prosecution of the war has been at times bewildering. The incompetence of the anti-war effort remains surpassingly bewildering. The two are not unrelated. If Bush had faced a more effective antiware movement in 2002, the Administration would have been forced to do a better job of developing and articulating a rationale for the war. Possibly it would have concluded that war was not such a good idea after all, but certainly it would have made a better case that would have withstood the test of battle and time. And faced with a sustained critiqe of the prosecution of the war since, perhaps the Administration would have been more attentive to the little things, like getting the electricity on and the oil flowing, that have rendered this war FUBAR

Taken from Ann Coulter's latest column:

On the bright side, Sheehan shows us what Democrats would say if they thought they were immunized from disagreement. Sheehan has called President Bush "that filth-spewer and warmonger." She says "America has been killing people on this continent since it was started" and "the killing has gone on unabated for over 200 years." She calls the U.S. government a "morally repugnant system" and says, "This country is not worth dying for." I have a feeling every time this gal opens her trap, Michael Moore gets a residuals check.

Gee, what a "patriot" that Sheehan is. How could those who disagree with her THINK that her and her ilk dont love their country? :D

So lets review....she hates the President, hates this country, thinks it aint worth a damn..but HEY!....she "supports the troops."

What a peach.

I'll take that bet, good point Boom. Just imagine, her, Kennedy, Michelle Moore, Natzi Pollisi, Dean,  all on stage, breathtaking...........

410552[/snapback]

Oh, and no doubt her book deal is in the works right now:

Thirty Days at Camp Casey.

One Woman's Stance Against an Evil Empire.

On the bright side, Sheehan shows us what Democrats would say if they thought they were immunized from disagreement. Sheehan has called President Bush "that filth-spewer and warmonger." She says "America has been killing people on this continent since it was started" and "the killing has gone on unabated for over 200 years." She calls the U.S. government a "morally repugnant system" and says, "This country is not worth dying for." I have a feeling every time this gal opens her trap, Michael Moore gets a residuals check.

411263[/snapback]

Ha! I hadn't thought of that.

Cindy Sheehan uses her dead son as an excuse to tell us what many fringe leftists "really" think and it's predictably horrific and brainless.

Oh, and no doubt her book deal is in the works right now:

Thirty Days at Camp Casey.

One Woman's Stance Against an Evil Empire.

411406[/snapback]

I dont think this is funny but.......I heard this on the radio today. They called her "The B word in the Ditch "

Taken from Ann Coulter's latest column:

Gee, what a "patriot" that Sheehan is. How could those who disagree with her THINK that her and her ilk dont love their country?  :lol:

So lets review....she hates the President, hates this country, thinks it aint worth a damn..but HEY!....she "supports the troops."

What a peach.

411263[/snapback]

RK, if you find yourself quoting Ann Coulter you need to step back man, seriously. The claim of being balanced and a non-hypocrite you made in that thread started by Dr. K can't survive this Coulter quoting. I won't begrudge you your opinions on Cindy Sheehan but really, Ann Coulter?

I dont think this is funny but.......I heard this on the radio today. They called her "The B word in the Ditch "

411460[/snapback]

I don't understand why are you sharing this with us. Do you think that is a bit out of bounds?

I don't really have an opinion on what she is doing apart from she ought to be able to have her protest and fade into black without being personally attacked like this. For example, what would be behind the thinking that leads one (not you) to be enraged that she called the President a rotten so-and-so but applaud her being called or treated like a "B word in the Ditch"? I think the leader of the free world is probably able to take a nasty jibe from a nobody like little Cindy Sheehan a little better than Cindy Sheehan will be able to handle mericless attacks from media superstar zillionaires from Limbaugh to Coulter. Why don't hey pick on someone their own size?

What is behind this massive mobilization of the republican attack machine against this woman? Why is it so important to shred her to pieces? "She's crazy, she's mean, she is a liar, she's nuts, she hates Bush, she is a tool of the left, she is a B word in a ditch." Twenty-four seven.

People who will excuse a President who took us to war with thousands dead based on WMD's that never existed have their panties in a bunch over an old woman in a tent. Even if she is the biggest kook in Crawford, isn't this just a bit unseemly?