Cindy Sheehan is a puppet and a nut

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finish what job? What is the endgame here? Or is it indefinite?

408792[/snapback]

i would say stay there until the Iraqi's have the manpower and firepower to protect themselves. I can understand the point of view that says that will take forever....and i don't blame you for thinking that when all you read and hear is that there is no end in sight.....but i believe that there will come a time (tomorrow? no...within 12-18 months...yes) when the newly formed Iraqi Gov't will say, ok....we can stand on our own.

Outraged?  No. 

Unhappy?  Yeah...sure. 

I don't want to ignore the basis of the report, but there a lot of quotes in this article by someone named, "U.S. Officials".  :blush:

408745[/snapback]

Don't kid yourself. These are Bush officials, releasing carefully vetted information -- otherwise Scott McLennan would be attacking the Post for its irresonsible journalism.

What would it take to build up your outrage? For example, does it make you "unhappy" that 1,800 American soldiers died for this noble cause:

Iraq Prime Minister Ibrahim al-Jaafari shakes hands with Iranian Vice president Mohammad Reza Aref

How about al-Jaafari laying a wreath on the grave of the Ayotollah Khomeini during his visit to Tehran?

"...a nut, and a hack..."

"This nut is posting daily on ... radical sites.  ... is bascally nothing more then a political operative. ... spew ... polital nonesense.

408403[/snapback]

Yeah, that sounds like an accurate description of yourself. She lost her son, shattering her entire world, what is your excuse?

Don't kid yourself. These are Bush officials, releasing carefully vetted information -- otherwise Scott McLennan would be attacking the Post for its irresonsible journalism.

What would it take to build up your outrage? For example, does it make you "unhappy" that 1,800 American soldiers died for this noble cause:

Iraq Prime Minister Ibrahim al-Jaafari shakes hands with Iranian Vice president Mohammad Reza Aref

How about al-Jaafari laying a wreath on the grave of the Ayotollah Khomeini during his visit to Tehran?

408823[/snapback]

i don't know that it is any different than watching Arrafat come to our country and being treated like a king.....and when he died sending dignitaries to his funeral.

i would say stay there until the Iraqi's have the manpower and firepower to protect themselves.  I can understand the point of view that says that will take forever....and i don't blame you for thinking that when all you read and hear is that there is no end in sight.....but i believe that there will come a time (tomorrow? no...within 12-18 months...yes)  when the newly formed Iraqi Gov't will say, ok....we can stand on our own.

408807[/snapback]

I wonder if, like Saigon, we will declare victory or the Iraqi-ization of the conflict and skedaddle. Then the government will eventually fall to some sort of insurgency or to Iran or descend into civil war or maybe Osama will end up it's Prime Minister or some other unforseen nightmare we can't even imagine. I think we have run out of options here, we go and it all goes to hell or we stay and it probably goes to hell anyway. Neither his opponents nor the President have any ideas that I have heard that sound in the least bit promising. Sometimes I think that the day after we caught Saddam, we should have begun our withdrawl.

I wonder if, like Saigon, we will declare victory or the Iraqi-ization of the conflict and skedaddle.  Then the government will eventually fall to some sort of insurgency or to Iran or descend into civil war or maybe Osama will end up it's Prime Minister or some other unforseen nightmare we can't even imagine.  I think we have run out of options here, we go and it all goes to hell or we stay and it probably goes to hell anyway.  Neither his opponents nor the President have any ideas that I have heard that sound in the least bit promising.  Sometimes I think that the day after we caught Saddam, we should have begun our withdrawl.

408848[/snapback]

The Iraq-ization of the conflict was always part of the plan, of that I have no doubt. I always thought it was a rather pollyanna part of the plan, considering the sociopolitical history of the entire region...but at the very least they went in with that idea in mind, and won't pull it out of their ass halfway through things in an attempt to candy-coat a withdrawal as victory.

i don't know that it is any different than watching Arrafat come to our country and being treated like a king.....and when he died sending dignitaries to his funeral.

408837[/snapback]

Since you "don't know," I'll take the presumption of telling you it is obviously different. And way off the subject.

Try to focus on the question: Does it bother you in the least that American soldiers have fought and died to establish an Islamic republic allied with Iran?

Since you "don't know," I'll take the presumption of telling you it is obviously different. And way off the subject.

Try to focus on the question: Does it bother you in the least that American soldiers have fought and died to establish an Islamic republic allied with Iran?

408851[/snapback]

Can I answer that?

No. In fact, I can see where an Iraq with close ties to both the US and Iran could help stabilize the region. And I don't pee my pants at the phrase "Islamic Republic" like most of you xenophobes do...

Can I answer that?

No.  In fact, I can see where an Iraq with close ties to both the US and Iran could help stabilize the region.  And I don't pee my pants at the phrase "Islamic Republic" like most of you xenophobes do...

408857[/snapback]

Maybe you don't, but I think it'd be safe to say it's not what this administration had in mind. It will certainly not do much for women's standing in the country, that is for sure. Considering that's one area the administration has championed, I think it would rank as a pretty significant failure.

Maybe you don't, but I think it'd be safe to say it's not what this administration had in mind.  It will certainly not do much for women's standing in the country, that is for sure.  Considering that's one area the administration has championed, I think it would rank as a pretty significant failure.

408864[/snapback]

Probably...but I'd labelled the administration's Iraq policy a pretty significant failure from the moment they waged aggressive war against a soverign nation. In fact, I'm surprised things are going so well since. And by any rational standard, if this situation results in a stable Islamic Republic also rooted in western philosophy and cordial to us, I'd consider that a HUGE win in that it would demonstrate to the Islamic world that Islam and the West are reconcilable and compatible, and the Jihad/Crusade is not a foregone conclusion. Yeah, I know that's not likely... :blush:

As for women's rights...I'm far to cynical to believe that a country who's a big believer in religious freedom but can't even write women's rights into its own constitution should be telling another country to put it in theirs in violation of their own religious expression, never mind the fact that that kind of social change has to evolve from within, not be forced from without. It's not that it isn't a noble goal, it's that it's not even remotely a realistic one.

1) Nope

2) Because I cannot match your supreme high level of brain-wave activity.  You're just on another level, Rich.

Go back and read your post, I was talking about politicians, just as you were.  Anyone with com... I mean, most people would see the hypocrisy.

408551[/snapback]

I was talking about this wacked out woman and her nuttiness. You may be talking about polititians.

Either way you have the right to be wrong.

God Bless Cindy Sheehan and all the other families who have needlessly lost their sons and daughters to Bush's Folly in Iraq.

408678[/snapback]

And GOD Bless the brave soldiers of our military where ever they are in the world for doing the work that they have willing signed up to do. They are TRUE heros and thier sacrifice is worthy of our thanks.

These brave men and women understand the importance of taking the fight to the enemy and they do it better then any military in the history of the world. Without these types of heros amoung us, we would be nothing more then spain or france.

GOD Bless President Bush as well, and continued strength as he leads the fight agaisnt those who would gladly slaughter our children where they play and our families where they live. Thank you for staying the course.

Yeah, that sounds like an accurate description of yourself.  She lost her son, shattering her entire world, what is your excuse?

408831[/snapback]

Um excuse me mickster, but I believe that her son was of age and he volenteered. He served proudly by all accounts and he knew what he was fighting for. She is disgracing him and his service.

I have acknoledged her loss, and feel for her from a parents perspective. My point is she has gonr political wacko and is now on a mission along with fat ass moore and his kind to simple smear America and spread hate. I have a hard time standing by and watching my country disrespected in such a way.

As for what my excuse is, well I happen to have a son serving in the military t the moment and while he is not there at this time, he could be sent over. Or he could be sent to some other area of the world to fight for our country and defend us from evil. If called upon he will do so proudly because that is the way that he was raised. I will NEVER disrespect him and his choice by blamming someone for his death or claiming that our CIC murdered him. I guess that is what my excuse is.

Can I answer that?

No.  In fact, I can see where an Iraq with close ties to both the US and Iran could help stabilize the region.  And I don't pee my pants at the phrase "Islamic Republic" like most of you xenophobes do...

408857[/snapback]

Or like 50 former hostages do.

408823[/snapback]

And if the new Iraq govt. did NOT participate in such diplomatic missions with its neighbors, youd be saying that its a "tool of the Bush Administration" and "following its lead of creating a 'cowboy-like' foreign policy."

Pick your fricking direction, already.