Willis Fantasy Hype

simadafuma

Is anyone else worried about all this hype Willis is getting? I honestly believe he's going to have a killer year, but all this attention about his Fantasy value has me worried about some kind of Madden like jinx. I'm keeping him in one league. Hell of a last round pick! Hope it doesn't jinx us.

I wouldn't think he'll be around that late. I took him in the last round last year in case Henry went down and I could trade him. He ended up kickin butt for me and I'm keeping him this year. I keep seeing him on magazine covers and reading about his fantasy value. Alot of people have him as the number 1 overall pick.

I wouldn't think he'll be around that late.  I took him in the last round last year in case Henry went down and I could trade him.  He ended up kickin butt for me and I'm keeping him this year.  I keep seeing him on magazine covers and reading about his  fantasy value.  Alot of people have him as the number 1 overall pick.

406428[/snapback]

Willis won't make it to 4th or 5th in your league? Possibly 1st overall? One question... CAN I PLEASE JOIN YOUR LEAGUE??

Seriously, I won't be shocked if he goes top 10 in my league, but that's because my league is like any other league around here, and we have a few Buffalo homers.

I think McGahee has the "potential" to be a 1700+ year runner this year, but we are basing this all on 10 games.

Personally, I'd prefer guys who have shown me something for more time than that:

These are players who, if available, I would pick over Willis:

Thomlinson

Holmes

Peyton Manning

Duece McAllister

Jamal Lewis

Ahman Green

As seen in the TBD3 league, I only have two players rated above WM...Manning and Tomlinson.

IMO, the rest of those guys will all have VERY similar seasons, so being a Bills fan I want McGahee on my team. Not exactly being a homer, but close! :D

The only other RB I would consider taking over WM is Alexander. He gets a lot of TD's that really push his fantasy numbers up. But I would rather take a flyer on McGahee. It makes the fantasy season that much better.

Willis won't make it to 4th or 5th in your league? Possibly 1st overall? One question... CAN I PLEASE JOIN YOUR LEAGUE??

Seriously, I won't be shocked if he goes top 10 in my league, but that's because my league is like any other league around here, and we have a few Buffalo homers.

I think McGahee has the "potential" to be a 1700+ year runner this year, but we are basing this all on 10 games.

Personally, I'd prefer guys who have shown me something for more time than that:

Thomlinson

Holmes

Peyton Manning

Duece McAllister

Jamal Lewis

Ahman Green

406459[/snapback]

He meant 4th-6th pick....not round.

Thomlinson

Holmes

Peyton Manning

Duece McAllister

Jamal Lewis

Ahman Green

406459[/snapback]

I agree completely. He isn't going to be available in the league I was referring to because it's a keeper league and the salary hit is minimal since he was a last round pickup last year. I'm keeping him cheap. I wasn't saying anyone in my league had him ranked #1 overall but a couple FF experts (whatever that means), have him ranked #1 overall. Can't remember the magazine it was in.

As seen in the TBD3 league, I only have two players rated above WM...Manning and Tomlinson.

IMO, the rest of those guys will all have VERY similar seasons, so being a Bills fan I want McGahee on my team.  Not exactly being a homer, but close!  :blush:

The only other RB I would consider taking over WM is Alexander.  He gets a lot of TD's that really push his fantasy numbers up.  But I would rather take a flyer on McGahee.  It makes the fantasy season that much better.

406654[/snapback]

OR.....possibly worse!!

Thomlinson

Holmes

Peyton Manning

Duece McAllister

Jamal Lewis

Ahman Green

406459[/snapback]

Shouldn't Alexander be on this list? I'm in a 10 team league that drafts next Monday night. I know LT is going 1st overall and for me at #2, I was thinking Alexander or Manning. I lean towards Alexander mainly because i don't like drafting a QB that early. Any thoughts on picking 2nd? I enjoy looking at others rosters and posting them here for others to rate. I will post mine Tuesday morning for others to pick apart.

I've done 3 leagues so far and Manning and LT have gone 1 and 2 in all 3. I haven't picked top two, but if I did, I would have to go with one of them.

If you don't want Manning, I think Alexander would be the way to go. Manning would be really hard to pass up though (and this is coming from a guy who hates drafting QB's early)

I've done 3 leagues so far and Manning and LT have gone 1 and 2 in all 3.  I haven't picked top two, but if I did, I would have to go with one of them.

If you don't want Manning, I think Alexander would be the way to go.  Manning would be really hard to pass up though (and this is coming from a guy who hates drafting QB's early)

409237[/snapback]

I take a look at Mannings schedule and it SCREAMS easy. Though I don't like going QB here, he almost has to be the pick. This forces my hans in rounds 2 and 3 to go RB. Is it unreasonable to think that guys like Steven Jackson @ 2 and LaMont Jordan @ 3? That looks pretty good actually.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.