Bad News Bears

Zona

I'm surprised that there haven't been any

Rex Grossman really does = RJ.

The guy may get injured more than RJ.

Speaking of RJ, maybe the Bears are calling him right now, why have a copy when you can have the original?

Seriously, I expect to see Tim Couch in Chicago by next week...and Matt Leinart there a year from now.

Nothing to do with JP at all.  You develop most of your rtyhm with your offense during practice.  Rex has like 6 or 7 NFL regular season games under his belt already from the previous years.  He has been in the league for three years.  He knows the playbook like the back of his hand.  I do agree that Losman needs the practice or experience but not past the first quarter not yet.  Not until the offensive line has had more time to gel or else JP might get carted off the field the same as Grossman.

406383[/snapback]

i guess we'll agree to disagree. yes, practice is important, but you don't develop a rhythm until you're in game situations and are able to see how the team reacts. giving a QB a quarter's worth of snaps (which might be 10-15 plays) is hardly enough time to develop that.

also -- did anyone actually see the play where grossman got hurt? it wasn't a bad hit at all. he didn't get "creamed" by a pass rusher. i hate to say it, but it really did remind me of RJ. you wouldn't have expected a guy to get hurt on that play.

the bottom line is that a QB has to be able to take some hits. you can't put him into some coccoon or plastic bubble. that's why the grossman thing has to be very discouraging for bears' fans and management. he has now earned the label "injury prone."

i also disagree with anyone who says that losman's durability is in question AT THIS POINT. one injury does not make a guy injury prone. i, for one, am not going to sit around waiting for something bad to happen to our QB. if he gets hurt, he gets hurt. that's why we have a veteran backup.

This team can't buy luck, that's for sure.

I like Grossman but he just can't stay on the field.

If I was Chicago, I'd go with Kyle Orton. Move on to a guy that could be the answer because if Chad Hutchinson is the answer, I'm afraid of what the question was!

I jusr remembered-wasn't Boy George there last year.  Forget my Couch prediction, their opening day QB is Jeff George.

406436[/snapback]

I was at the Bears-Rams game last night, and I too said they should re-sign Jeff George. It's an Illinois conspiracy; former Illinois Head Coach Ron Turner is again the OC, Kurt Kittner and Antonio Harris (former players under Turner) are trying to make the final roster. Why not bring in another former Illinois player in George? You can't do much worse than what you have now. Chad Hutchinson is slated to be the starter now, Orton will need some experience; sign and start George for a few games with the notion of giving Orton some playing time to groom him to start in the future. It won't be easy for Grossman to regain the top spot if and when he returns to action; he's too brittle.

The problem with Kyle "Big Fumble" Orton is that the guy, while physically talented, had a reputation for screwing up at the WORST possible times back in college. And they werent screw ups like tossing INTs or getting sacked, they were more along the lines of fumbling the ball away while he was trying to rush for a first down that was recovered by the opposing team for the game-winning TD and throwing into quadrouple coverage when all he had to do was run out the clock. Mistakes that cost Purdue victories.

If he can get over his mental retardation when it comes to decision-making, he has all the talent in the world.