TD at Pats-Bengals Game

Maybe he'll give us next year's 1st for Rohan Davey. :D

406282[/snapback]

Hey HD, what is the deal with Brady. I read that he has not thrown much at all during camp this week and was seen wearing a compression sleeve on his right arm. I also notice that he has not played tonight. What do you know about this story??

Hey HD, what is the deal with Brady.  I read that he has not thrown much at all during camp this week and was seen wearing a compression sleeve on his right arm.  I also notice that he has not played tonight.  What do you know about this story??

406287[/snapback]

Let me answer for him: No need for concern. Brady has started throwing with his left arm and will finish the conversion by next week. He will throw southpaw for the remainder of the pre-season, by which time the shattered right elbow will be good as new. Then defenses will have to prepare for a QB that not only calls his own plays, but can throw right or left handed...

:D

Hey HD, what is the deal with Brady.  I read that he has not thrown much at all during camp this week and was seen wearing a compression sleeve on his right arm.  I also notice that he has not played tonight.  What do you know about this story??

Very little, unfortunately, as Belichick is very secretive. Brady has a history of right arm troubles, though (Separated shoulder in '02 in '03, elbow injury in '03), so I am worried. I hope it's just precautionary, leaving him out. If Brady goes down, we fall to the cellar, no doubt.

Very little, unfortunately, as Belichick is very secretive.  Brady has a history of right arm troubles, though (Separated shoulder in '02 in '03, elbow injury in '03), so I am worried.  I hope it's just precautionary, leaving him out.  If Brady goes down, we fall to the cellar, no doubt.

406295[/snapback]

It just wouldn't be any fun beating you guys without TB at the helm. Let's hope he can play.

If anyone's watching it on Channel 5 out of Boston, just when you thought Randy Cross couldn't possibly look any more of a butt:pirate:, he went and grew a moustache.

Naw, Matt Cassell. :D

406301[/snapback]

Cassel actually looked pretty darned good in the 2nd string....

If anyone's watching it on Channel 5 out of Boston, just when you thought Randy Cross couldn't possibly look any more of a butt:pirate:, he went and grew a moustache.

Cassel actually looked pretty darned good in the 2nd string....

That's been his MO throughout his college career. Great in practice/when it doesn't count. There was a reason why he was a top HS recruit, but also why he languished in USC for his whole career without bothering to transfer anywhere.

I was at the game - I definitely panned the sidelines for Brady for quite a while and didn't see him. He certainly wasn't in pads, but I might have overlooked him in regular clothes.

Dillon was about the only thing that I was impressed with, and that kind of sickens me.

That's been his MO throughout his college career.  Great in practice/when it doesn't count.  There was a reason why he was a top HS recruit, but also why he languished in USC for his whole career without bothering to transfer anywhere.

406355[/snapback]

Brady started how many games in college?

Flutie didn't play?

406598[/snapback]

No - Belichick said in his press conference after the game that he wanted to get Davey and Cassel the snaps since they hadn't seen much game action...and then added "in one case, since high school."

Davey was awful - I've been hoping Flutie was a preseason gimmick, but it looks like he's in good shape to make the squad based on last night. I think they'd like to trade Davey if at all possible, but they probably couldn't get a water bottle unless he shows he can manage a NFL preseason game one of these years. He clearly is not a good fit for the NE offense.