Congratulations America

Sure! And I can put my two kids on the handle bars when I pick them from school!

Problem solved! Thanks!

405604[/snapback]

Awww...kids these days. Pick up? When I was a youngster we had to walk 5 miles to school. Barefoot. Fighting bears along the way. Sometimes dinosaurs.

Made us appreciate our oil.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awww...kids these days. Pick up? When I was a youngster we had to walk 5 miles to school. Barefoot. Fighting bears along the way. Sometimes dinosaurs.

405786[/snapback]

Yeah nothing helps you appreciate oil more than having to squeeze it fresh from a dinosaur you had to kill with your bare hands...

Yeah nothing helps you appreciate oil more than having to squeeze it fresh from a dinosaur you had to kill with your bare hands...

405791[/snapback]

And fresh dino-oil burned cleaner, too. And a fair sized 'saurus would feed the family for weeks.

405786[/snapback]

Well, thanks to the Social- Engineering types in the Wake County goverment, 50% of the kids are not allowed allowed to go to their neighborhood school. They are bused anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour away. So they can't walk.

They think it is a good idea to take kids from the good neighborhoods and force them to go to the sh------- neighborhoods to get the test scores up.

Ain't that wonderful?

That would be the stupid, knee-jerk reaction. It has nothing to do with GBush. Oil prices are higher because WORLD demand has continued to reach new highs this year. We'd have expensive gas right now no matter WHO THE FUG was in the white house. Do you really think the president can control oil prices?

404199[/snapback]

Oh of course...it has to be Bu$h's fault right, if Kerry was in office the price would be $1.00 a barrell? :D:)

we get oil from SO MANY other places other then Iraq it isnt even funny...but of course, its all Bush's fault..everything is...just ask Yahoo, CNN, MSNBC and most media outlets.

$2.38 a gallon :D

bush, osama, saddam, james kirk.  i dunno who to blame, so i'm just pissed off at the whole planet

its all YOUR fault

404505[/snapback]

Fother Mucker

$2.38 in the morning

$2.49 in the evening. 12.08 gallons = $30.20

this my friends, is why we need to bring back the :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: icon

As gas prices go up, so do oil companies’ profits. Exxon Mobil's second quarter profit jumped 35% over the same time last year, the company raking in $7.64 billion. BP's profit went up 29% at $5.59 billion. ConocoPhillip's jumped a whopping 51% at $3.14 billion and Shell saw a 34% rise with earning of $5.24 billion.

George w Bush buddies

As gas prices go up, so do oil companies’ profits. Exxon Mobil's second quarter profit jumped 35% over the same time last year, the company raking in $7.64 billion. BP's profit went up 29% at $5.59 billion. ConocoPhillip's jumped a whopping 51% at  $3.14 billion and Shell saw a 34% rise with earning of $5.24 billion.

George w Bush buddies

406227[/snapback]

That you Tenny? :D

Sure! And I can put my two kids on the handle bars when I pick them from school!

Problem solved! Thanks!

405604[/snapback]

Funny the majority of people in Europe do not have a car and dont seem to have a problem getting around. Do you take your kids to work with you? Use your bike for errands. Get a hybrid car and only take essential trips. Use mass transit. Take a bus. Walk. Cars are a waste of money. In this country they amount to nothing more then a status symbol. The bus/a bike/ mass transit all will take you point A to B. Cars never appreciate in value. Not to mention all the car taxes and assorted fees you pay for owning a car. I have a nice car which I dont drive unless absolutely neccesary. Biggest waste of money I have ever spent. I am not part of the oil problem. Be part of the soloution or you are part of the problem

Funny the majority of people in Europe do not have a car and dont seem to have a problem getting around.  Do you take your kids to work with you?  Use your bike for errands.  Get a hybrid car and only take essential trips.  Use mass transit.  Take a bus.  Walk.  Cars are a waste of money.  In this country they amount to nothing more then a status symbol.  The bus/a bike/ mass transit all will take you point A to B.  Cars never appreciate in value.  Not to mention all the car taxes and assorted fees you pay for owning a car.  I have a nice car which I dont drive unless absolutely neccesary.  Biggest waste of money I have ever spent.  I am not part of the oil problem.  Be part of the soloution or you are part of the problem

406352[/snapback]

I bike everywhere. But the reason this model works in European countries is because they are a lot smaller, and people work closer to home. An hour commute is unheard of in Europe. The average- AVERAGE- American's commute is like 30 minutes. You can't make a mass transit system that works- for an affordable rate- in a country our size.

That being said, I bike and take the train every day, because I can. But lots of people can't.

Funny the majority of people in Europe do not have a car and dont seem to have a problem getting around.  Do you take your kids to work with you?  Use your bike for errands.  Get a hybrid car and only take essential trips.  Use mass transit.  Take a bus.  Walk.  Cars are a waste of money.  In this country they amount to nothing more then a status symbol.  The bus/a bike/ mass transit all will take you point A to B.  Cars never appreciate in value.  Not to mention all the car taxes and assorted fees you pay for owning a car.  I have a nice car which I dont drive unless absolutely neccesary.  Biggest waste of money I have ever spent.  I am not part of the oil problem.  Be part of the soloution or you are part of the problem

406352[/snapback]

Couple problems here:

The comparison to Europe is weak because:

Size: Each country in Europe is the size of ONE of our states. Things are a little more spread out here in case you haven't noticed.

A not everyone likes to live like sardines on top of each other in a dirty city. Countries like France and German are close to 20% unemployed, though their governments say its closer to 11%.

So there's not as many people working there. Plus, if they are employed, the have like every other week off or only work 4 hours a day. Lazy ass slackers.

I don't think most people are allowed to bring their kids to work. Where they hell do you work? Chucky Cheese?

And for those who keep shouting "Mass Transit", that is only an option if you live in a place like NY City, or Chicago.

ANd I bet people would smell really good if they road their bikes to work for 35 miles in 90 degree heat.

MMMMmm, sweaty pits!

Cars a waste of money? For most guys, they rank just behind hot chicks, football and beer as the best things in life.

Ah, the sweet roar of '68 Mustang!

The problem is with the fuel source, not the car or the roads which they use.

All this talk about going backwards in lifestyle, and reverting back the 1920's is useless.

Shrinking the economy to save oil for China is not what we should be taking about.

Creating new energy sources to GROW the economy is what we should be talking about.

Didn't you know most of the infrastructure that we currently use for cars (gas stations, highways) can be use to support the hydrogen economy?

Some people make the point that you still have to create the hydrogen before you can store it.

Well, you can create a bunch of hydrogen from nuclear power.

And cold fusion maybe here sooner than you think:

http://news.uns.purdue.edu/UNS/html4ever/2....Xu.fusion.html