the most blame for this loss?

3rd and Goal from the 1 -- should have taken two shots with our RB's and showed that they meant what was said about being a running team. It would have set up bigger plays against better teams in the future, and it would have secured this game as a win.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest_Mike in SoFlo_*

Bills lost this game because they still do not know how to win football games, period. With all the veterans and leadership they supposedly have, they lack the fire and confidence to win games. This will come as they play more and more together. Drew was not the blame today. He managed a fine game. I have problems faulting Moulds for trying his damndest to make a first down, stevestojan happens. The Villarial thing is a bad break. All the little things to win football games in the fourth quarter, we didn't do. They will get better, but I fear 0-3 before they do.

<_<

I put the blame on the dancing fool- London Fletcher. If he wants to dance, he should quit football and wear a tutu. It might be more fitting. If he didnt kick the ball, they dont get close enough for the TD pass.

He blew it for everyone...is it too late to get Cowart back?

Kelso = Jerry Sullivan.

Seriously, did you read Jerry Stevestojan's arcticle today? He lifted Kelso's first 2 posts.

Does anyone care that Bledsoe had a better day than last years CO-MVP?

I'm no Bledsoe defender, but you cannot blame him for yesterday's loss.

I really love Kelso's remark about needing more from your captains. So Kelso, I guess you didn't watch the game to see which team captain might have been the one to lose the game by getting a delay of penalty call huh? You are some kind of football genius for sure.

And I don't know why I'm bothering to refute your illogical arguments, as everyone else has seemed to do a good job before me. It doesn't matter though as it seems you won't be back because you wanted to leave on a high note:

I really hope this will be the last post in this thread. I titled it in a controversial way just to get some attention

Once again, I say: Kelso = Jerry Sullivan.

I wouldn't exactly call a 51 yard field-goal perfectly makeable.  Even Vanderjagt misses one occasionally beyond 46 yards.

28395[/snapback]

Yeah, but based on Lindell's Buffalo track record, he has a 0% chance of making it. In fact, he has a 0% record of making anything over 44 yards. How's that for confidence?

If you want to blame this loss on anyone on the offense it's Moulds...that fumble deep in Jags territory cost us at least 3 points...can't blame Moulds on that other fumble, that was a good defensive play, that cost us another 3 points...this is a game that we should have won, the breaks just didn't go our way.

28565[/snapback]

Yup, that drive continues and we're at least in Lindell FG range, i.e. <25 yards if Moulds doesn't make that fumble. Tie game if they get that fluke TD.

Um, how about Moulds fumble at the 4 and a missed field goal? The play that lost the game occured way before Villarial's penalty....

28548[/snapback]

I agree that those plays also helped in our lose along with the dropped passes, the other Moulds fumble(that Bledsoe was credited with), etc. etc.

But even with those miscues we had control of the entire game until Villarial's Holding Penalty....

and yes that penalty cost us the game

Drew did not lose this game directly - but for $8.75 mil he sure didn't do near enough to win the game either.

For what the offense required of Drew, TD sure didn't have to spend the big bucks.

Where was the play action pass to take advantage of the commitment shown to the run?

Another pass (and sack) from short yardage near the goal line?

Play calling at times was not much better than under Gilbride.

28589[/snapback]

I know it must chap you a bit, not being able to blame Drew directly for this loss. Instead, you have to do it indirectly by saying that he was overpaid for his production and conceding in a backhanded sort of way that perhaps it was the offensive scheme such as it was on Sunday and the play-calling that failed to get Ralph's money's worth out of Drew.

But there is some merit to the post in the sense in that it recognizes symptomatically that this offense is still in its infancy. It will take some time for a rookie OC to get the grasp of this offense and its capabilities. It will take some time for the players to get comfortable and completely in synch. After all, it is tough to blame Drew (although not impossible as this thread demonstrates) for Travis setting up for a screen on the wrong side of the field, let alone for the play's failure to succeed.

The reality is that it takes a bit longer than slightly more than 4 quarters of a preseason game for this to happen. It is the unfortunate result of changing HCs and OCs. The question is whether the offense continues to mature and make progress, and how many games we have to lose before it gets to a competent level of point production.

The Bills did change OC, but as MM said himself the offense did not change much.

The Bills have had 8 months to get reaady for the season.

Its a poor copout to blame inexperience with the system for lack of production.

Unfortunately this is not the NBA where you can fine tune your team for the entire regular season becauae almost everyone makes the playoffs. Bills will soon be in a hole they can't get out of if they continue to lose winnable games

I know it must chap you a bit, not being able to blame Drew directly for this loss.  Instead, you have to do it indirectly by saying that he was overpaid for his production and conceding in a backhanded sort of way that perhaps it was the offensive scheme such as it was on Sunday and the play-calling that failed to get Ralph's money's worth out of Drew.

But there is some merit to the post in the sense in that it recognizes symptomatically that this offense is still in its infancy.  It will take some time for a rookie OC to get the grasp of this offense and its capabilities.  It will take some time for the players to get comfortable and completely in synch.  After all, it is tough to blame Drew (although not impossible as this thread demonstrates) for Travis setting up for a screen on the wrong side of the field, let alone for the play's failure to succeed.

The reality is that it takes a bit longer than slightly more than 4 quarters of a preseason game for this to happen.  It is the unfortunate result of changing HCs and OCs.  The question is whether the offense continues to mature and make progress, and how many games we have to lose before it gets to a competent level of point production.

28895[/snapback]

You know who I blame this loss on??? The defense. The Jags had 2 minutes to go 80 yards in OUR HOUSE on opening day. We had 3 chances to stop them on 4th down and didn't. If our defense can't stop a lowly offense like Jacksonville from going 80 yards in our stadium with a frenzied crowd on opening day...........then no matter what happened for 58 minutes before that, I'm putting the loss on the defense.

The Bills did change OC, but as MM said himself the offense did not change much.

32023[/snapback]

The offense didn't change much? Do you have a link for this quote? All I have read all off-season is how the terminology is new, the pass patterns are new (they are no longer using the read and react system of Gilbride), the blocking schemes are new (McNally has been quoted as saying several times that the blocking schemes were too complex and did not use athletic skills of the lineman) etc. etc. Of course, there is nothing new in the NFL. Everyone runs similar plays and calls them different names, but what constitues an entire system is new from one coach to another. Moreover, how long was it again that Clements has been calling plays?

The Bills have had 8 months to get reaady for the season.

32023[/snapback]

Have they been playing against live competition for the last 8 months and I missed the damn games? Let's see, as part of this absurd exaggeration, you are including the player evaluation and acquisition period that occurs before all of the players even meet the coaches for the first time and actualy see the new offense. Yes, I'm sure those 4 months got alot done in installing the offense. Then the OTRs when they didn't even wear pads. And then the month in camp when they primarily ran the new offense against themselves. Ahh, but then there was the whole quarter or so average in each of four preseason games where they didn't gameplan and ran a fraction of the plays. Yes, I see what you mean! No excuses! This offense should have been a well-honed machine by the time they played against Jax! LOL!

Its a poor copout to blame inexperience with the system for lack of production.

32023[/snapback]

Ahhh, well said! Except the only problem is that it is gratuitous at best and unsupportable in the least.

Unfortunately this is not the NBA where you can fine tune your team for the entire regular season becauae almost everyone makes the playoffs. Bills will soon be in a hole they can't get out of if they continue to lose winnable games

32023[/snapback]

And this is the one statement that you make that actually has some merit. I believe that is what I said as well.

It is the unfortunate result of changing HCs and OCs.  The question is whether the offense continues to mature and make progress, and how many games we have to lose before it gets to a competent level of point production.

The denial continues. It's never Bledsoe's fault. His entire career is always someone else's fault.  The King of all excuses lives on.

The Bills scored twice. Massive drives of 18 yards for a TD and minus 4 yards from the opponents 3 yard line for a FG.  Oooh, pinch me.

It's never all Bledsoe's fault.  The bottom line is he always seems to play the key role in the debacle.

The standards have become so low for a Buffalo QB that it is just plain ridiculous.

Look around the league you Bledsoe apologists. Winning teams have QB's who can actually make plays when things break down a little. In contrast, Bledsoe just breaks down and makes no plays.

I could point out numerous plays today from around the league with QB's scrambling and improvising to make great plays. Bledsoe never makes something happen unless it's bad.

Time to wake up.

28428[/snapback]

Thanks for the "football by idiots" post. Most QB's need their players to catch passes, NOT fumble the ball, hold their blocks (and not their opponent), and make their kicks. Only the simple (read: Pats fans/trolls) think that the QB is the sole reason for winning and losing. The proof is the Pats' 2002 season: bad defense= missed playoffs. It's as simple as that.

It was the coaching staff's choice to give Drew a conservative, low risk game plan. I understand the Bills organization has even said so. It is their intention as everyone gets more comfortable with the system, and the offensive line has more of a chance to gel, to get more aggressive than they were in the opener. Drew simply did what he was asked.