My draft

Bear

I drafted for my big draft (guys at work who are all pretty good) that has a $100 buy in.

I picked 6th in a 10 man league. I don't remember what rounds I picked everyone in since I only wrote down positions.

Standard scoring (focus on RB's/WR's and TD's)

QB: Matt Hasselback (got him very late)

RB: McGahee

WR: Chad Johnson

TE: Antonio Gates

WR/RB: Ahman Green

WR/RB: Andre Johnson

WR/RB: Julius Jones

K: Nugent

D: Buffalo

Bench: Troy Williamson ® (wr)

Bench: Cedric Benson ® (rb)

Bench: Jimmy Smith (wr)

Bench: Chris Chambers (wr)

I'm obviously going to need another QB, but I couldn't pass up the guys available. I'm hoping Hasselbeck does okay for a couple of weeks until I can find someone else to pick up.

Yeah, I know that's pretty weak. My first few weeks are going to depend on the Seattle recievers being able to hang on to the damn ball. MH is a pretty damn good QB, he just needs some WR's.

I probably won't trade for a QB. The rest of my roster should hold me over until I find out which QB comes out of no where this year.

Thanks.

Yeah, I know that's pretty weak.  My first few weeks are going to depend on the Seattle recievers being able to hang on to the damn ball.  MH is a pretty damn good QB, he just needs some WR's.

I probably won't trade for a QB.  The rest of my roster should hold me over until I find out which QB comes out of no where this year.

Thanks.

401821[/snapback]

it'll be either palmer or harrington.. i can't figuere out which.

I was actually going to draft Palmer after I got McGahee, Johnson and Gates in the first three rounds, but somebody drafted him about two picks before me. I was PISSED!

I think Harrington went in the 3rd round. Too early if you ask me. I MAY drop a WR and pick up Garcia...just in case.

I wouldnt pick up garcia. At least not yet. If I were you, I would be taking a gamble with some other QBs. Grab a losman, or a boller, or even Rex Grossman or Alex Smith. Take a gamble. It might pay off, it might not, but at least you tried. If the guy you choose to gamble on doesnt pan out, then take a look at Garcia if Harrington struggles weeks 1 and 2. Might as well maximize your upside.

As far as the rest of your team goes...NICE. I am used to rating 12 team leagues, so that gives me a little bit of a problem grading your team, but any time you can get 3 big time backs plus Chad Johnson, Andre Johnson and Antonio Gates, you should be set.

Hasslebeck is okay. He should be decent. You do need the 2nd QB though. No fun if hasselbeck goes down and you have to pick up jeff george to get a starter. Take a shot on losman, boller, grosman, smith or eli manning.

That's a great draft! Julius Jones and Cedric Benson are going to be great this year. And Andre Johnson is turning into a monster. Gates, Chad Johnson, and McGahee are obviously strong.

People forget that Hasselbeck only two seasons ago was a fantasy stud. I'm not sure what happened last year--a lot of WR inconsistency--- but I think he's a servicable QB.

I drafted for my big draft (guys at work who are all pretty good) that has a $100 buy in.

I picked 6th in a 10 man league.  I don't remember what rounds I picked everyone in since I only wrote down positions.

Standard scoring (focus on RB's/WR's and TD's)

QB: Matt Hasselback (got him very late)

RB: McGahee

WR: Chad Johnson

TE: Antonio Gates

WR/RB: Ahman Green

WR/RB: Andre Johnson

WR/RB: Julius Jones

K: Nugent

D: Buffalo

Bench: Troy Williamson ® (wr)

Bench: Cedric Benson ® (rb)

Bench: Jimmy Smith (wr)

Bench:  Chris Chambers (wr)

I'm obviously going to need another QB, but I couldn't pass up the guys available.  I'm hoping Hasselbeck does okay for a couple of weeks until I can find someone else to pick up.

401474[/snapback]

AWESOME!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.