Did Mel Kiper see the same scrimmage I did?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of rediculous posts.

On the first drive (JP's first ever as a starter), the Bills covered about 40 yards (from their 30 to the Packers 30) and JP converted two third downs with completions to Moulds (nice read) and Parrish (nice pass). They had a 3rd and 5 on the GB 30 but their 9 plays were up. What if they converted that 3rd down and went in to score? I think a love affair would be going on with JP on this board.

Additionally, he wouldve ran in for a score on the pass he threw high to Josh Reed. But hey, he threw it high in the back of the end zone where there was no chance of getting picked. Not a bad move.

As for his one bad pass, I would not have minded at all if the GB CB picked him off and returned it for a TD. Losman will get picked this season, so he might as well get used to it. Better to make mistakes now than in the 4th quarter of week 1.

All in all, JP looked confident and the Bills looked like a superior team. Those of you flipping out about JP's performance need to reassess where you thought he would be at this point. He looked like a talented guy making his first start for his team. His talent showed on the field, as did his inexperience. Were we expecting otherwise?

All of a sudden I'm reading posts that JP sucked in the GB scrimmage.  Are you kidding me?  The guys has 2-3 bad passes and he sucks??  Never mind evrything he did well.

I'm convinced now that either people want JP to fail, or are so convinced that the Bills will suck, their brains filter out the good and magnify the bad.  That is the only possible explanation.

As for Kiper and Clayton saying JP looked "iffy" consider the source.  When did these numbnuts ever get anything right about the Bills?  They probably fast-forwarded the TIVO and saw one incomplete pass.

PTR

401069[/snapback]

I'm really rooting for JP to do well but I'm rooting for a team with a lot of other talent in other positions and fans who have been waiting since Kelly left and sick of not making the playoffs. If JP can't make it I think we have a very good back-up plan in Kelly Holcomb. One thing for sure we don't have time to waste. I miss the playoffs!

Additionally, he wouldve ran in for a score on the pass he threw high to Josh Reed.  But hey, he threw it high in the back of the end zone where there was no chance of getting picked.  Not a bad move.

401757[/snapback]

I would guess that MM sat down with JP after the game and let him know that there are indeed times to run. The guy was thinking too much out there which is understandable.

One thing you left out. If JP had run in for the score people would be complaining about the fact that he didn't throw a TD pass to someone.

A lot of rediculous posts.

On the first drive (JP's first ever as a starter), the Bills covered about 40 yards (from their 30 to the Packers 30) and JP converted two third downs with completions to Moulds (nice read) and Parrish (nice pass).  They had a 3rd and 5 on the GB 30 but their 9 plays were up.  What if they converted that 3rd down and went in to score?  I think a love affair would be going on with JP on this board. 

Additionally, he wouldve ran in for a score on the pass he threw high to Josh Reed.  But hey, he threw it high in the back of the end zone where there was no chance of getting picked.  Not a bad move.

As for his one bad pass, I would not have minded at all if the GB CB picked him off and returned it for a TD.  Losman will get picked this season, so he might as well get used to it.  Better to make mistakes now than in the 4th quarter of week 1.

All in all, JP looked confident and the Bills looked like a superior team.  Those of you flipping out about JP's performance need to reassess where you thought he would be at this point.  He looked like a talented guy making his first start for his team.  His talent showed on the field, as did his inexperience.  Were we expecting otherwise?

401757[/snapback]

I couldn't agree more with this post. There are some COMPLETE IDIOTS on this board that constantly harp about the doom and gloom with JP. The guy is in his second year and he is still learning. The Bills had a couple of options at the QB position this off-season:

1) Keep Drew and go into another season knowing that the QB position is going to be the weakest and least creative on the team. DB sucked (missed passes, crucial turnovers, NO mobility and inability to win a big game) for the last 2 years here and signs were pointing that he wasn't going to get any better or any younger.

2) Waive DB and pursue a veteran QB in free-agency that might only be here a year until they feel that JP has developed enough sitting on the bench and watching while still earning 1st round pick money. Doing this might scar the mentality of JP though and he might never recover.

OR

3) Waive DB and give JP every opportunity to learn and earn the job of the QB and future of this franchise.

People on this board need to realize that JP is the quarterback, regardless if he throws one or two bad passes in a controlled scrimmage or if he throws 2 during the first game. He is going to be the QB. By every play that I watched Friday night, he looks confident and prepared to handle that job. Sure, he's going to make mistakes but who doesn't. Kelly blew a few games himself as the Bills QB, especially the 2nd SB but he was still considered the QB with only idiots calling for his head. Most teams in the NFL would love to be in Buffalo's shoes right now knowing who their QB will be for the next 5 years or more. I guarantee, all of you naysayers will be jumping on the JP bandwagon before the end of the season. He has the tools, mental capacity and all the athletic ability to be a type of QB in Buffalo that we have NEVER seen before.

Sorry for the FFS type post but people really need to look at the options of what the Bills have. They went the right direction, just give it time to materialize. We still haven't even played a pre-season game yet!!!

I couldn't agree more with this post. There are some COMPLETE IDIOTS on this board that constantly harp about the doom and gloom with JP. The guy is in his second year and he is still learning. The Bills had a couple of options at the QB position this off-season:

1) Keep Drew and go into another season knowing that the QB position is going to be the weakest and least creative on the team. DB sucked (missed passes, crucial turnovers, NO mobility and inability to win a big game) for the last 2 years here and signs were pointing that he wasn't going to get any better or any younger.

2) Waive DB and pursue a veteran QB in free-agency that might only be here a year until they feel that JP has developed enough sitting on the bench and watching while still earning 1st round pick money. Doing this might scar the mentality of JP though and he might never recover.

OR

3) Waive DB and give JP every opportunity to learn and earn the job of the QB and future of this franchise.

People on this board need to realize that JP is the quarterback, regardless if he throws one or two bad passes in a controlled scrimmage or if he throws 2 during the first game. He is going to be the QB. By every play that I watched Friday night, he looks confident and prepared to handle that job. Sure, he's going to make mistakes but who doesn't. Kelly blew a few games himself as the Bills QB, especially the 2nd SB but he was still considered the QB with only idiots calling for his head. Most teams in the NFL would love to be in Buffalo's shoes right now knowing who their QB will be for the next 5 years or more. I guarantee, all of you naysayers will be jumping on the JP bandwagon before the end of the season. He has the tools, mental capacity and all the athletic ability to be a type of QB in Buffalo that we have NEVER seen before.

Sorry for the FFS type post but people really need to look at the options of what the Bills have. They went the right direction, just give it time to materialize. We still haven't even played a pre-season game yet!!!

402165[/snapback]

Great post!

If you notice, the people bashing JP are either:

1- Bledsoe apologists who are bitter

-or-

2- People that should stick to the PPP board

Nothing wrong with that, you just have to consider the source.

If that is what Kiper said, I think, at this EARLY point, he's dead on.  Losman looked like he didn't want to make a mistake instead of just going out and playing football.

I've been thinking about this. If this is what Kiper TRULY meant, then it's another example of "damned if you do, damned if you don't." Say JP came out and did NOT play cautiously, and made costly errors. Would that have made Kiper feel better? Did he expect JP to NOT play cautiously and look like Favre in his prime? Again if JP can be "iffy" while doing the things I mentioned above, I hope he has a long and "iffy" career.