Would you trade Moulds for Corey Simon?

freester

Moulds has a large cap number and may be gone after this season.  Philly may have to sweeten the deal with a draft pick.

400075[/snapback]

No. That would mean the starting receivers would be a raw rookie and a sophmore player, and the most experienced receivers on the team would be Josh Reed and Drew Haddad. And all that with an inexperienced 2nd-year QB.

Frester - your right be on the money...I think that would be the only way we could:

1. Afford Simon and keep Clements

2. Get any value for Moulds - I too think he might be gone next year.

I don't want to lose Moulds, but unless you think he is the difference between making the playoffs THIS year or not, moving him and getting a player of Simons caliber might be the right and smart thig to do.

No. No. No.

We need stability in the recieving corps, for Losman, for starters.

Also, remember what happened when "1b" shuffled off to do nothing with the Falcons, leaving a second round pick from the previous year, who had done exceptionally well, as a rookie to, be the #2 reciever?

We all know how that worked out. Would you risk doing the same thing to Evans, only amplifying it because he would now be being asked to be a #1 with no one to take any pressure off of him? We know Josh Reed is not a #2 reciever and works best in the slot, when he works. We know Roscoe is probably too small, not to mention unproven, to be the number two, and is also probably best suited in the slot

That would be a one sided trade. We would be solving Philly's reciever problem (Can you imagine Moulds and TO in the same offense?) and we would be taking a huge financial burden and distraction, off of their shoulders as well.

Also, as some have mentioned, we have the issue of a big time free agent of our own next year in Clements, who we would probably not be able to afford if we get Simon

Yeah, I am sticking with a big fat NO on that one.

No....a young QB needs veterans like Moulds at WR

If truly interested, the Bills could send send the higher 3rd in 06 and maybe a cond 07. Maybe throw in Josh Reed  :D

I do not really believe the Bills are interested.

400621[/snapback]

I agree about the young QB needing a wiley vet WR.

I do think the Bills are (nominally) interested.

They won't (IMHO) pull the trigger if it involves Moulds.

Reed however, is another story and that - however unlikely - I could see happening, especially if as others here have suggested it involves the TTT pick. (TennTitans'Third pick)

NO....Moulds is a Bill for life. Trade for Simon?...YES....Trade Reed and a 3rd or 4th for him. Plus if we have a great D....NATE MIGHT WANT TO RESIGN FOR A BIT LESS MONEY....NOW THINK ABOUT THIS TEAMS FUTURE IF WE CAN MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

400101[/snapback]

T

why be generous with a 3rd or 4th rounder for a Pro Bowl DL.

he Eagles should probably give us an extra opick along with Simon since Reed is SO good. :D