Why would the Bills attempt to acquire Corey Simon

Why go after a high priced UNDERACHIEVER in Corey Simon when they need a LT ( and Cap space to afford one) and need cap space to afford Nate Clements and the high priced contract that he will demand.

I don't believe the rumor is true because from everything I have read, Ron Edwards has been impressive in Camp and Tim Anderson is a young Tim Krumrie.

If Corey Simon were a Left Tackle, I would be more inclined to believe the rumor.

Why go after a high priced UNDERACHIEVER in Corey Simon when they need a LT ( and Cap space to afford one) and need cap space to afford Nate Clements and the high priced contract that he will demand. 

I don't believe the rumor is true because from everything I have read, Ron Edwards has been impressive in Camp and Tim Anderson is a young Tim Krumrie.

If Corey Simon were a Left Tackle, I would be more inclined to believe the rumor.

399296[/snapback]

underachiever?

hes one of the best passs rushing DTs in the game.

It's true. The Eagles organization at different times throughout his career have been publicly quite unsatisfied with his play. He does have great talent and flashes great play on the field at times as well. I'd still be pretty happy if we got him , mostly because it would be really tough for a player on the Bills D-line not to give their all under Krumrie :doh:

underachiever?

hes one of the best passs rushing DTs in the game.

399297[/snapback]

Yes, he is. When he wants to play!

For the kind of money that he's demanding I'd take an overachieving type DT that will give you 100% game in and game out (and will cost way, way less) then a underachieving DT = Corey Simon that has failed to show up on a consistant basis and costs way more.

Just my 2 cents. :doh:

Yes, he is.  When he wants to play!

For the kind of money that he's demanding I'd take an overachieving type DT that will give you 100% game in and game out (and will cost way, way less)  then a underachieving DT = Corey Simon that has failed to show up on a consistant basis and costs way more.

Just my 2 cents.  :doh:

399307[/snapback]

Have some incentives built into that contract that way if he decides not to go all out then he will hurt his own pocket.

Plus he is never hurt- I think I read he's missed two games since he was draftd. Sign him to a five year deal with bonuses for sacks and the probowl. I dont think Reed is what the Eagles will want in return- Im sure they will want picks in next years draft.

I'd like to get him. Everyone who knows football knows the key to good play of your defensive backs is good line play. DL is extremely important, especially when you are rotating them.

My buddy in philly just called me and said that they are talking on the radio there simon for takeo spikes - i just learned of this situation - is there any validity to spikes going there? I hope not, but does anyone know?

399784[/snapback]

:(:(:lol::lol:

the losers at WIP are outdoing themselves again if they think that....yeah maybe we will throw in McGahee too.

I'll tune in and check it out though

My buddy in philly just called me and said that they are talking on the radio there simon for takeo spikes - i just learned of this situation - is there any validity to spikes going there? I hope not, but does anyone know?

399784[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Only if they throw in Michael Lewis and Jevon Kearse :(

They get their rumors from the same people the raider fans got their "Takeo Spikes and Travis Henry for Charles Woodson and a 4th" :(

Ummm... let me think.

NO!

That's gotta be the most retarded thing I've ever heard.

399784[/snapback]

399784[/snapback]

No but honestly buddy, why even bother posting that? Think about what you just said....Simon for Spikes...you gotta be kidding? Even if you heard it from the radio, do you really think that could be true? WGR just reported we traded 2 new footballs to Dallas to get Bledsoe back, then shipped Bledsoe to Indy for Manning. Go start a post about that

Ummm... let me think.

NO!

That's gotta be the most retarded thing I've ever heard.

399802[/snapback]

And on this board, that's no mean feat. :(

Probably it was some idiot Iggle fan calling in and proposing that trade.