Mullarkey's big test

PromoTheRobot

We are going to find out how good a coach Mike Mullarkey is in the next week or two. It sucked losing today, but it doesn't end our season.

However, how we recover from such a disappointment, and how well mistakes get corrected, and how discipline gets established, will tell us all we need to know about Coach Mullarkey.

If I'm him, I call a team meeting, and show a video of all the showboating by the defense, and then ask the team how did that help us win? Then I show a video of the Pats D vs. the Colts to show them how a Super Bowl defense gets it done.

PTR

You'd show them a video of the Pats D getting shredded for 440 yards, including a long drive consisting of NOTHING BUT running plays, a 45 yard pass that looked like it was leading to a game winning drive by the opponent only to luck out when their "superstar" QB decided to lock on to his left on 3rd down and take a rookie sack out of field goal range? You call that a dominant D? Our problem today was an O that couldn't score a TD when they were spotted the 1st 97 yards! Or on any drive that didn't begin inside the opponents 20 yard line for that matter. That is a far cry from the Pats offense. Granted our D wasn't playing the Colts, but this game could have been won many times over by some decent offense. Showing our O a video of the pats O would be more effective. And a video of the Colts O to see how to lose a game that you had in the bag, but we seem to have perfected that. B)

I agree, next week is going to be huge for this coaching staff.  The last 3 years, when we suffered an embarassing loss like in the last 3 years, we saw NO change in the game plan the next week.  The same mistakes, the same plays.  Lets see if Mularkey can adjust and pull out a win.

28226[/snapback]

Next week is unbelievably important. If we can go into OAK and get a big win, the team will hopefully have the right attitude going into the bye week and preparing for NE.

If we lose, we risk the team slipping into a losing mentality and mopping around the entire bye week and getting destroyed by NE.