(LAMP)Need some suggestions....

The Poojer

i need to come up with something to do for my wife that would make her feel like queen of the f&%*ing world.  Not talking an elaborate vacation or diamond jewelery.  I need to do something from the heart that really just blows her away.  Anyone have any good things they have done?  Ladies what would you like?  I know it seems odd that I said I want it to come from the heart and then come here for suggestions, but I want and need this to be .......................HUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGEEEEEEE!!

Thanks in advance!

398103[/snapback]

Pooj - for my wife's birthday, I surprised her with the following:

- a night at the marriott at innsbrook (champagne and chocolate covered strawberries waiting in the room when we checked in)

- dinner at Hondo's (there was a little card from the staff wishing her a happy birthday on the table)

- We went back to the hotel, took care of business and then......I left.

I gave her what she had been wanting since our youngest son was born. A GOOD NIGHT'S SLEEP BY HERSELF. I told her to order whatever she wanted for breakfast and to call me when she was ready to come home (I even arranged a 3:00 p.m. checkout if she wanted).

She (and all of her married friends with kids) agreed that I was the KING.

Pooj,

What works generally is not what you get her but the thought that goes into it.

Depending on the who, what, wheres of your intentions for this gift, may I recommend making her a customized photo album.

Go here and check it out.

Made one for my wife when she was really sick, and another for her parents while they were going though a tough period. You upload specific photos that pertain to the event, put captions or quotes below them, and they print it, bind it in hardcover with a photo on the cover and ship it pretty damn fast. Both times it went over just great.

One of the all-time great thoughtful and creative gifts I've found. (And inexpensive as hell...something like $25 or $30).

398122[/snapback]

If you have a Mac or have access to one, iPhoto can do this too.