You asked for it! 36 vs 26

Oneida Lake

The "run the damn ball" people squawked all off season, and you all know who you are. 36 running plays today vs 26 passing plays.

And the gutless coaches tried to run the clock out at 7:13 remaining with a 4 point lead. Nine plays after that, all runs.

Do you think that after that many running plays a few play action passes might work? Of course they would. Late in the 4th or not, use your weapons. Grow a damn pair!!!

The "run the damn ball" people squawked all off season, and you all know who you are.  36 running plays today vs 26 passing plays. 

And the gutless coaches tried to run the clock out at 7:13 remaining with a 4 point lead.  Nine plays after that, all runs.

Do you think that after that many running plays a few play action passes might work?  Of course they would. Late in the 4th or not, use your weapons. Grow a damn pair!!!

28074[/snapback]

Well...point well taken...but...from what I remember most of the people who were screaming for more running plays were also saying Play Action Pass more along with the Running...

Look, the Running out the clock thing actually almost worked without the Holding penalty. But it's hard for me to swallow an entire Game without trying to go downfield at least once. Especially when you used the #13 Pick overall for a guy who was supposed to do just that...Look at what J-Ville got by throwing one up deep...And they were behind with ZERO threat of running the Ball...

But anyway, when you score only 10 points at Home, it's pretty much impossible to say the Gameplan worked just fine...

Do you think that after that many running plays a few play action passes might work?

I wanted them to run PA to Moulds in the Endzone on the 2nd/5 on that drive but outside of that I thought the Bills did the right thing.

The ground-up Jags D couldn't stop it at that point in the game (and actually never did) so why not keep doing it 'til you get to the goalline?

It's been a long time since we saw a Bills team that could close like that, and I for one freaking loved it.

Well...point well taken...but...from what I remember most of the people who were screaming for more running plays were also saying Play Action Pass more along with the Running...

28094[/snapback]

Yeah, that's right.....It was frustrating as hell because they never established the run to begin with......it was pass, pass, pass, and pass some more. Establish the run, hit the play action, put up the points.

It's been a long time since we saw a Bills team that could close like that, and I for one freaking loved it.

28098[/snapback]

Close like what??

13-10 loss?

They needed to "go get" a first down. Jags were stuffed for the run.

Throw the damn ball.

A 6-10 team picked by everyone to be in the cellar needs to attack, attack

TAKE the win away from the opponent. Play to Win, don't play, Not to Lose.

They needed to "go get" a first down. Jags were stuffed for the run.

Throw the damn ball.

They did "go get" a first down; several of them in fact.

The Jags were "stuffed for the run" the entire drive and couldn't stop them.

Why throw the ball and risk stopping the clock when you can just keep running it and the defense can't stop you?

A 6-10 team picked by everyone to be in the cellar needs to attack, attack

TAKE the win away from the opponent. Play to Win, don't play, Not to Lose.

I don't give a rat's ass who picked who to do what.

And they were playing to win until stripes flew a flag at a buried lineman on a 3rddown dive.

When the chips were down, we did attack the Jags and they couldn't stop us. That's what I liked seeing.

They did "go get" a first down; several of them in fact.

The Jags were "stuffed for the run" the entire drive and couldn't stop them.

Why throw the ball and risk stopping the clock when you can just keep running it and the defense can't stop you?

I don't give a rat's ass who picked who to do what.

And they were playing to win until stripes flew a flag at a buried lineman on a 3rddown dive.

When the chips were down, we did attack the Jags and they couldn't stop us. That's what I liked seeing.

28131[/snapback]

It was refreshing wasn't it? ;)

I must say I really don't know how to react to this loss. They did so many of the things well today I've wanted to see done since early last season. It's definitely a strange feeling. Honestly it feels like the throwback game to me :blink:

The "run the damn ball" people squawked all off season, and you all know who you are.  36 running plays today vs 26 passing plays. 

And the gutless coaches tried to run the clock out at 7:13 remaining with a 4 point lead.  Nine plays after that, all runs.

Do you think that after that many running plays a few play action passes might work?  Of course they would. Late in the 4th or not, use your weapons. Grow a damn pair!!!

28074[/snapback]

Why aren't you bitching about all the fumbles or dropped passes or the stupidity on all those 4th down completions?!

Get real and put blame where it belongs!

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Why aren't you bitching about all the fumbles or dropped passes or the stupidity on all those 4th down completions?! 

Get real and put blame where it belongs!

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

28149[/snapback]

There's plenty of individual blame to go around. My B word is with the coaching

decision to sit on a 4 point lead with 7:13 left. 10 more run plays than pass plays is not balance. There were 2 instances during the last 2 drives when a play action

would have easily resulted in a first down and probably a TD.

First year coaches don't have the gonads to be bold in that situation. I understand that. I just don't like it.