I heard JP looked REALLY good tonight

Was bad in warm-up drills, but was great during most of the night.  Good to hear.  Hopefully we'll get a real report soon.

394299[/snapback]

Yeah, its sunday morning, where are the reports from last night????

I NEED MY INFORMATION FIX!!!! :D

Yeah, I got up early to check them out.

I'm going today, and I only live an hour from the place, so expect reports and hopefully pics from my by seven tonight! :D

And that's good that JP Losman did well in the night practice. I really have a lot of faith in him and hope that he manages to pull through.

You think that may be prudent to wait more than 2.5 practices before declaring the LT position void?

394461[/snapback]

How long do we wait? We knew he sucks before he started practicing, now it's bearing out in practice. According to McNally, Gandy gets two games.

How long do we wait?  We knew he sucks before he started practicing, now it's bearing out in practice.  According to McNally, Gandy gets two games.

394586[/snapback]

I don't think we need to be making assessments on players after 2 practices for God sakes.

After today we'll have 4 practices in, I'm pretty confident we can determine this years draft "busts" are you?

Have any of you talent savants ever actually played a sport?

I don't think we need to be making assessments on players after 2 practices for God sakes.

After today we'll have 4 practices in, I'm pretty confident we can determine this years draft "busts" are you?

Have any of you talent savants ever actually played a sport?

394609[/snapback]

The point is Gandy is not a rookie, he sucked in his previous experience, and so far reports have him still sucking. I don't like that they left themselves exposed by going in with him as the #1 option and no other real competition. Waiting to see if he turns it all around is wasting time while we could be exploring other options. At least bring in some competiton in the meantime, for God sakes.

The point is Gandy is not a rookie, he sucked in his previous experience, and so far reports have him still sucking.  I don't like that they left themselves exposed by going in with him as the #1 option and no other real competition.  Waiting to see if he turns it all around is wasting time while we could be exploring other options.  At least bring in some competiton in the meantime, for God sakes.

394671[/snapback]

You are pi$$ing against the wind. The overall train of thought here is that McNally (who I seriously have a TON of respect for) will turn Gandy into a very good left tackle.

Could this happen? I suppose. Am I counting on this? No, not in any remote manner. Having been an NFL fan for perhaps 38 years, I have never seen a good left tackle get dumped, let alone by a sub-par team. It doesn't happen. Good LTs don't even get traded.

The good news is that I think that Teague is poised to take the position if Gandy faulters. I agree with Albany NY in that Gandy is anything but certain to make the final roster, and I do not think that our coaching staff is without a "Plan B."

You are pi$$ing against the wind. The overall train of thought here is that McNally (who I seriously have a TON of respect for) will turn Gandy into a very good left tackle.

Could this happen? I suppose. Am I counting on this? No, not in any remote manner. Having been an NFL fan for perhaps 38 years, I have never seen a good left tackle get dumped, let alone by a sub-par team. It doesn't happen. Good LTs don't even get traded.

The good news is that I think that Teague is poised to take the position if Gandy faulters. I agree with Albany NY in that Gandy is anything but certain to make the final roster, and I do not think that our coaching staff is without a "Plan B."

394682[/snapback]

I know, there has been mass consumption of the kool aid to go along with excuses from poor coaching to injuries to victim of circumstance. I too have a great respect for McNally, but he himself said he is no miracle worker! I'm willing to let the process play out, but I'm pretty sure Gandy won't be the answer at LT so I get a little impatient and want to see us get on with it.