Forced out?

bleedinblue

How can a guy whose momentum is obviously carrying him OB and who is not hit until he is well OB (by players who themselves are already OB) be "forced out"?! Additionally, it appeared to me that he never got both feet in bounds and this is not college. Though not getting it in for 7 from the 3 after an INT is more of a reason for the loss, this kind of officiating is frustrating.

How can a guy whose momentum is obviously carrying him OB and who is not hit until he is well OB (by players who themselves are already OB) be "forced out"?!  Additionally, it appeared to me that he never got both feet in bounds and this is not college.  Though not getting it in for 7 from the 3 after an INT is more of a reason for the loss, this kind of officiating is frustrating.

27868[/snapback]

We are not NE, that's why the played was not overturned. I thought he was no where close to being forced out, no one really touched him.

We are not NE, that's why the played was not overturned.  I thought he was no where close to being forced out, no one really touched him.

27914[/snapback]

He was touched, but I also thought his momentum would have taken him out. The problem is, there was no way they were going to reverse that call unless it was clealry obvious he was going out on his own. He was hit as he was coming down, and as far as the replay was concerned, they were going to use that uphold the ruling on the field.

that's what i thought at first, but then the replay looked to me like the right heel never made it to the ground.  and then ref justified the call by saying he was PUSHED OUT...i really don't think both feet made it down.

...but, whatever :blink:

28099[/snapback]

That's what I thought also....but lets face facts, these are our Buffalo Bills, and we'll see World Peace before we get a call like that in our favor... ;)