The worst Op-Ed ever??

LA Times

Am I the only person who finds this disturbing? I don't mean the fact that Bush would vet his selection for the highest court in the land in part on something utterly trivial. That's expected. What I mean is the fact that Bush has an obsession with exercise that borders on the creepy. 

Given the importance of his job, it is astonishing how much time Bush has to exercise. His full schedule is not publicly available. The few peeks we get at Bush's daily routine usually come when some sort of disaster prods the White House Press Office to reveal what the president was doing "at the time." Earlier this year, an airplane wandered into restricted Washington air space. Bush, we learned, was bicycling in Maryland. In 2001, a gunman fired shots at the White House. Bush was inside exercising. When planes struck the World Trade Center in 2001, Bush was reading to schoolchildren, but that morning he had gone for a long run with a reporter. Either this is a series of coincidences or Bush spends an enormous amount of time working out.

The column starts off with a bang when the writer says it's "expected" that "Bush would vet his selection for the highest court in the land in part on something utterly trivial" - his column about how disturbed he is by Bush's exercise routine which, to most people, is a trivial matter.

It ends with a bang too:

Bush's insistence that the entire populace follow his example, and that his staff join him on a Long March — er, Long Run — carries about it the faint whiff of a cult of personality. It also shows how out of touch he is. It's nice for Bush that he can take an hour or two out of every day to run, bike or pump iron. Unfortunately, most of us have more demanding jobs than he does.
WHAT?????

"More demanding" as in writing op-eds about other people exercising too much?

LA Times

The column starts off with a bang when the writer says it's "expected" that "Bush would vet his selection for the highest court in the land in part on something utterly trivial" - his column about how disturbed he is by Bush's exercise routine which, to most people, is a trivial matter.

It ends with a bang too:WHAT?????

391509[/snapback]

Most of us also spend 2 hours commuting both ways. His commute is 20 steps.

I loved the implication that the President should have taken direct action against some of the events brought up. As if Bush HIMSELF should have handled that plane flying in regulated airspace.

This article is just red meat for nozzlenut and the toinfoil hatters who scream the troll-bait soundbytes all day long.

LA Times

It ends with a bang too:WHAT?????

391509[/snapback]

Most likely written by a fargin lard ass liberal...

Probably written by the guy on the left...

I'd consider myself a Bush critic, but of all the things, this is probably the single stupidest complaint I've seen leveled at this administration.

391557[/snapback]

So you missed the "Bush's economic policy sucks because he kills puppies and kittens" classic posted here some months ago?

Damned stupid criticism, though. "Bush is a lousy president because...well, because he takes care of himself, dammit!" I guess Ted Kennedy is their ideal candidate, then?

So you missed the "Bush's economic policy sucks because he kills puppies and kittens" classic posted here some months ago? 

Damned stupid criticism, though.  "Bush is a lousy president because...well, because he takes care of himself, dammit!"  I guess Ted Kennedy is their ideal candidate, then?

391567[/snapback]

Yeah that whole image would really do wonder for the US in the global economy. They could start a campaign, not only can your children grow up to be president, so can your Orca.

I'm against Bush and his policies as much as anyone, but how can you criticize the man for exercising too much? If anything I say he should promote the fact that he exercises a lot! I'd like to see Bush go to a fat camp and out run all the little chubby bastards on an obstacle course!