How's the heat in your neck of the woods?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

65 degrees and sunny.

389842[/snapback]

I'm envious. I put out a couple of bowls of water early this A.M. for strays, squirrels, birds etc., and toped them up a few hours ago. I can't say if it was consumption or evaporation, but it's always good and wise to help out the food chain in times of stress.

I realize my tombstone will read, "Pedant". :)

Dick. :)

96, heat index, ala, feels like 107. 100% humidity. I can watch the wheel on my electical meter spin faster than a NASCAR fan suckin down a Bud ;)

389847[/snapback]

I'll be shocked if my gas bill is over $20 this month. Electric bill maybe double that. :(

65 degrees and sunny.

389842[/snapback]

I was only there a week, but I miss Alaska... ;)

It's humid here, but only 77 now (was 85 when I got home a couple of hours ago - storm coming through, lowering the temp). Heat index is 80./

Temperature: 77.2°F Pressure: 29.29"

Average Wind: 3mph NNE Sunrise: 5:48 AM

Humidity: 67% Sunset: 8:45 PM

Dew Point: 66°F Moonphase: 82

Heat Index: 80°F Monthly Rain: 1.27"

High: 86°F Rain: 0.05" Rain Rate: 0.08"/h

Low: 67 °F Gusts: 20mph SE

We've had 12 or 13 days of 90°F this year soi far. Blech. This is in the Twin Cities, MN area.

For those who like weather -- take a look at http://www.weatherbug.com. It's kinda cool, tells you the temp, warns of approaching storms, has nice animated radar, pictures from cameras, etc. It's free if you want to deal with ads on the display, or is $20/year if you want to have it ad-free. I really like it. (yes, the stats above are all from WeatherBug, and there's more :) ).

There are similar free weather-tracking apps for your desktop available, but none seem as good as WeatherBug IMHO.

CW

I'm envious. I put out a couple of bowls of water early this A.M. for strays, squirrels, birds etc., and toped them up a few hours ago. I can't say if it was consumption or evaporation, but it's always good and wise to help out the food chain in times of stress.

I realize my tombstone will read, "Pedant". :)

389849[/snapback]

Public Service:

ped·ant ( P ) Pronunciation Key (pdnt)

n.

1. One who pays undue attention to book learning and formal rules.

2. One who exhibits one's learning or scholarship ostentatiously.

3. Obsolete. A schoolmaster.

Nice job!

Alaska summers are the closest thing (weather wise) to heaven that I've experienced.  Winter is a whole 'nother story.  :)

389860[/snapback]

I'd agree with that (except by Hubbard Glacier - it's COLD there! ;) ).

CW

Public Service:

ped·ant  ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (pdnt)

n.

Nice job!

389856[/snapback]

:)

Thank you..."Nouns-Are-Us", after all... ;)

Public Service:

ped·ant  ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (pdnt)

n.

Nice job!

389856[/snapback]

Word of the Day Toilet Paper?

Dick. :)

96, heat index, ala, feels like 107. 100% humidity. I can watch the wheel on my electical meter spin faster than a NASCAR fan suckin down a Bud ;)

389847[/snapback]

When's that African dust cloud that is going to brighten your sunrises and sunsets and clog your lungs with silica fines going to occur?

When's that African dust cloud that is going to brighten your sunrises and sunsets and clog your lungs with silica fines going to occur?

389875[/snapback]

I suspect they're coming, soon. I'm soooo happy. The early ones are a suprise, though, El Nino never came for dinner. There's the culpret. :)