Jumping from free Yahoo to Fanball...

Webster Guy

We have always had free Yahoo but they have all but abandoned any plans to upgrade it. It has been stagnant for 3 years now. Since they have given up, I have looked for other sites.

League Pricing:

Yahoo PLUS ($125)

CBS Sportsline ($129 minus $20 for early sign up)

Fanball ($60)

Plus I always spent $10 on Yahoo stat tracker so Fanball is actually cheaper than free Yahoo.

Question: Any Fanball opinions out there?

Thanks,

Jeff

We have always had free Yahoo but they have all but abandoned any plans to upgrade it.  It has been stagnant for 3 years now. Since they have given up, I have looked for other sites.

League Pricing:

Yahoo PLUS ($125)

CBS Sportsline ($129 minus $20 for early sign up)

Fanball ($60)

Plus I always spent $10 on Yahoo stat tracker so Fanball is actually cheaper than free Yahoo.

Question:  Any Fanball opinions out there?

Thanks,

Jeff

387606[/snapback]

Never heard of it, let me know what you find out, im always looking for better sites!

hey. my league that i am commish has used fanball for i think 3 or 4 years now. I love the site and would recommend it to anyone and everyone. First off, the pricing is great. At $60, that still leaves our league $140 leftover for prizes. Secondly, the customizztion is top notch. You can create your league however you want it to whatever rules your league has, from scoring to a waivers order, to limiting waivers pickups during specific times, and it even gives the commish the ability to manually to adjust scores for each week.

You can tell the site what kind of division alignment you want, input your own schedule, and even name your own divisions.

But the best part i find about fanball is that it keeps your league active in their database from year to year, so theres nothing to do to start up your league every august. Just log on and go. It even keeps your rosters from season to season as well. And if you arent in a keeper league, just reset the rosters and your good to go on a new season.

If you have any specifics that you need to ask about, feel free to PM me, and i will answer them.

ps - you also get live gameday scoring with your league, which is great. The live scoring also breaks down how the points were scored in your little box score during the games.

for example:

(during 1st quarter, and TD's in brackets)

RB - W. McGahee @ NE - 8

rush: 4-26 (5)

rec: 1-8

and at the end of the game:

RB - W. McGahee @ NE - 40

rush: 27-181 (5,1,73)

rec: 4-47

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.