AFC East Predictions

todd

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, Troy Brown was re-signed weeks ago.  If your going to make a dumb 8-8 prediction about a team that's gone 34-4 over the last two years, at least know what the hell you're talking about.  I wouldn't make a half-baked prediction about the Bills assuming Travis Henry was still on the team.

Second, even if Brown was gone, he's hardly a key player.  He's a 4th WR and subpar nickle back.

387162[/snapback]

The Patsies seem to be getting a little long in the tooth, though. Excluding Bruschi, they still have seven players on their D going into their tenth year or more -- five of whom could be starters or at least see significant time. At some point "experience" becomes simply "age."

Did I hurt your feelings?

I'm sure you will.  No one remembers these threads at year's end anyway.

387173[/snapback]

Not at all. You might want to try civility. Changing a distinctly anti-Bills avatar and name on a Bills board would be a start.

So I missed the Troy Brown siging. You jump all over me for it like an !@#$ troll prick. I should be asking YOU if I hurt your feelings to get such a response from you.

Did I hurt your feelings?

387173[/snapback]

Did he hurt yours?

He's just as convinced in his prediction as you are in the ability of your team to overcome whatever losses they suffered this offseason.

Live and let live, folks.

The Patsies seem to be getting a little long in the tooth, though.  Excluding Bruschi, they still have seven players on their D going into their tenth year or more --  five of whom could be starters or at least see significant time.  At some point "experience" becomes simply "age."

Their defense is pretty young, it seems to me:

Richard Seymour, Ty Warren, Vince Wilfork, Jarvis Green, and Rodney Bailey are all young along the DL.

The secondary is young with Asante Samuel, Randall Gay, Eugene Wilson, and recent high draft picks Guss Scott, Dexter Reid, Ellis Hobbs and James Sanders.

The LBs are a little old, but that's just one unit.

Their defense is pretty young, it seems to me:

Richard Seymour, Ty Warren, Vince Wilfork, Jarvis Green, and Rodney Bailey are all young along the DL.

The secondary is young with Asante Samuel, Randall Gay, Eugene Wilson, and recent high draft picks Guss Scott, Dexter Reid, Ellis Hobbs and James Sanders.

The LBs are a,little old, but that's just one unit.

387180[/snapback]

Considering they play a lot of 3-4 on defense (as I did in college), it's a bit naive to try to write off the age of the LB unit. Do I think their defense will all of a sudden fall in the rankings? Not @ all. But, a team that plays a 3-4 needs to have a solid core of playmaking LBs in order to make it work, especially the way the Pats play it.

Not at all. You might want to try civility. Changing a distinctly anti-Bills avatar and name on a Bills board would be a start.

I had a harmless Brady avatar for a while. A Bills fan PMed me in May and requested a new topical avatar, so I made a Star Wars themed one.

How is it "anti-Bills" anyway? It's a picture of your GM as my favorite Star Wars character.

So I missed the Troy Brown siging. You jump all over me for it like an !@#$ troll prick.

I suppose I just value accuracy in communication.

I should be asking YOU if I hurt your feelings to get such a response from you.

My post, unlike your barrage of personal attacks, was not emotionally driven.

Did he hurt yours?

No.

He's just as convinced in his prediction as you are in the ability of your team to overcome whatever losses they suffered this offseason.

I've no issue with that. I was just pointing out his factual error.

Live and let live, folks.

Good idea. Can't we all just get along?

Considering they play a lot of 3-4 on defense (as I did in college), it's a bit naive to try to write off the age of the LB unit.  Do I think their defense will all of a sudden fall in the rankings?  Not @ all.  But, a team that plays a 3-4 needs to have a solid core of playmaking LBs in order to make it work, especially the way the Pats play it.

Agreed, but the Pats LB unit was one of the best in football last year, old or not. Losing Bruschi will affect that, but I don't think age will.

McGinest, Chad brown and Ted Johnson are the only real "older" players among the LBs, and they're all still solid, so I really don't see age as a factor.

Agreed, but the Pats LB unit was one of the best in football last year, old or not.  Losing Bruschi will affect that, but I don't think age will.

McGinest, Chad brown and Ted Johnson are the only real "older" players among the LBs, and they're all still solid, so I really don't see age as a factor.

387281[/snapback]

I think that if Chad Brown can overcome the nagging injuries he's had, he could be a great pickup for New England. Age is a factor for a LB unit in a 3-4, only from the standpoint of the unit's athleticism. What will probably get the Pats over that is the solid veteran play of guys like McGinest and Vrabel, which will carry over to the entire defense.

I think that if Chad Brown can overcome the nagging injuries he's had, he could be a great pickup for New England.

I do hope you're right. Bruschi's shoes will be nearly impossible to fill, but I believe Brown can do an acceptable job if healthy.

Age is a factor for a LB unit in a 3-4, only from the standpoint of the unit's athleticism.

I must disagree here. While the LBs carry more responsibility and importance in a 3-4, less is expected of them athletically. While 4-3 LBs are often judged by their ability to go "sideline to sidline," a 3-4 LB has less field he's responsible for, and thus, less ground to cover.

bruschi will be missed for sure.but 1 man does not win a title(duh). the pats added a healthy starks,they got chad brown(who is certainly a upgrade over phifer,and is 2 years younger then phifer).and you know bb will find a way to even put monty beisel in position to make plays. dont forget poole will be back and ready to go also. this team is know for being DEEP IN DEPTH(good depth). and from all reports,colvin is much healthier(supposedly really close to where he was before his injury) then last year and will contribute a lot more.

this team wins 10 games easily.only a complete pee-brain thinks other wise.

bills will not hang with n.e come years end.i cant see this happening with basically a rookie at qb and a defense that cant step up there play when it counts the most.

pats

jets

bills/fish

this team wins 10 games easily.only a complete pee-brain thinks other wise.

387508[/snapback]

When the time comes that the Pats lose ten games in a season...and that day WILL come...I'm almost going to miss these witty little Patsy troll comments. Because as we all know, once your team starts losing games, bandwagon dudes like yourself will disappear faster than a 20-game Red Sox lead.

Hey, its not our fault that our team hasnt sucked since the invention of two bills drive so we can all whip out our cranks and show each other who's more diehard a fan.

And dont you mean a 3-0 Yankee lead in the playoffs? That would be more appropriate. Thanks.

Would anyone care to comment on the possible effect of the Pats killer schedule (especially the first half)? For that matter, the Bills will face a tougher schedule in '05 than last year too, but that has already been discussed, as I recall.