As mad as I am, I think this was a BIG

4everBills

Heres why

1) Our D is every bit as good as last year.

2) We capatalized on turnovers (coundt do it last year)

3) Drew, at least in this game, is a new QB. The ball was out quick, accurate, only 1 sack. Very effecient and productive.

4) our O-line opened holes for a productive running game and played VERY well against a STRONG d-line

5) We ran more than we threw, even against a top run D

6) We showed good play calling and clock management

7) Our DB's looked good, Reese and Clements with INTS

8) Good game management with Mularkey punting rather than going for a long, and probable miss FG.

9) Mularkey showed what I wanted to see, good playcalling, good game day management.

10) DB's up on the line jamming receivers

11) Vincent hits BETTER than Winfield and looks better overall as far as i am concerned

12) Moulds is back, got open, and I believe will do it all year!

Now for the bad:

1) I would have every single receiver spend monday through wednesday at the jug machine. Whats up with all the dropsy's?

2) Crucial holding penalty on Villarial may have cost us the game!

3) 4th down twice and we blow our coverage to lose the game.

4) McGahee is good but he is absolutely NOT as good as Henry at this point

5) Good teams put games away in our position today.

All in all, I am pissed at the loss but I cannot point directly at any serious problem in the staff or players. I think this was a game that was played like a playoff game, could have gone either way, and we just plain lost. It EASILY could have been the other way.

I refuse to say its the same old Bills, thats irresponsible, anyone who looks at the whole picture sees lots and lots of differences from last years team and lots and lost better. If feel Mularkey deserves ZERO blame for this and if anything deserves a pat on the back for being MUCH MUCH better than what we had last year.

Yes, a win is a win and a loss is a loss. BUT, I now KNOW this team is headed in a great direction and finally has the coaching they need to win it all.

I saw great things today, which gives me great hope for this year. I just wish we could have had a win, but with THIS team and with THIS staff they will come!!! Go Bills!!!!

Heres why

3) Drew, at least in this game, is a new QB. The ball was out quick, accurate, only 1 sack. Very effecient and productive.

4) our O-line opened holes for a productive running game and played VERY well against a STRONG d-line

5) We ran more than we threw, even against a top run D

6) We showed good play calling and clock management

8) Good game management with Mularkey punting rather than going for a long, and probable miss FG.

9) Mularkey showed what I wanted to see, good playcalling, good game day management.

11) Vincent hits BETTER than Winfield and looks better overall as far as i am concerned

12) Moulds is back, got open, and I believe will do it all year!

Now for the bad:

1) I would have every single receiver spend monday through wednesday at the jug machine. Whats up with all the dropsy's?

2) Crucial holding penalty on Villarial may have cost us the game!

4) McGahee is good but he is absolutely NOT as good as Henry at this point

5) Good teams put games away in our position today.

All in all, I am pissed at the loss but I cannot point directly at any serious problem in the staff or players. I think this was a game that was played like a playoff game, could have gone either way, and we just plain lost. It EASILY could have been the other way.

I refuse to say its the same old Bills, thats irresponsible, anyone who looks at the whole picture sees lots and lots of differences from last years team and lots and lost better. If feel Mularkey deserves ZERO blame for this and if anything deserves a pat on the back for being MUCH MUCH better than what we had last year.

Yes, a win is a win and a loss is a loss. BUT, I now KNOW this team is headed in a great direction and finally has the coaching they need to win it all.

I saw great things today, which gives me great hope for this year. I just wish we could have had a win, but with THIS team and with THIS staff they will come!!! Go Bills!!!!

27607[/snapback]

Finally some optimism. I saw positivies. I saw negatives. More important than this game is how we react to it. On the road against Oakland will show us a lot.

Guest Guest_firewall_*

you're nuts, we couldnlt run consiostently

the running game was sparadic at best

moulds had two fumbles, one at the 10

the d is not good, leftwich is lousy

the coaching is abysmal, shades of greg

we are a 3-13 team.

i saw a lot more positives than negatives. This is a work in progress, and our offense was very positive. Very very conservative, but that's uinderstandable. The jags o sucked and our receivers couldn't hold onto the ball. I loved the running game. Now, if our o could get a friggin first down, not take a penalty, and clements takes his head out of his butt, or at least put his hands in the air when the ball is coming towards him, we win.

by the way

i think the decision to cut lindell was made after that missed 40 yarder. Steve christie is available. He might be older and have slightly less leg, but this guy is like a wallet on the 15th. money.

“PLAYOFFS? Don't talk about PLAYOFFS... you kiddin me? PLAYOFFS??!?!?! I just hope we can win a game...”

Sorry, but the Jags suck and we scored ten points. The Bills will need a step ladder just to get a view of the teams that will makes the playoffs.

i saw a lot more positives than negatives.  This is a work in progress, and our offense was very positive.  Very very conservative, but that's uinderstandable.  The jags o sucked and our receivers couldn't hold onto the ball.  I loved the running game.  Now, if our o could get a friggin first down, not take a penalty, and clements takes his head out of his butt, or at least put his hands in the air when the ball is coming towards him, we win. 

by the way

i think the decision to cut lindell was made after that missed 40 yarder.  Steve christie is available.  He might be older and have slightly less leg, but this guy is like a wallet on the 15th.  money.

27636[/snapback]

Christie a NY Giant.

“PLAYOFFS? Don't talk about PLAYOFFS... you kiddin me? PLAYOFFS??!?!?! I just hope we can win a game...”

Sorry, but the Jags suck and we scored ten points.  The Bills will need a step ladder just to get a view of the teams that will makes the playoffs.

27641[/snapback]

Reluctantly I have to agree. This is one we will never get back. Let's see what the Bills show next week against an Oakland team in their home opener who basically lost on the last play of the game to Pittsburgh. (Buckeye Brian at a different computer)

Sorry, but the Jags suck and we scored ten points.  The Bills will need a step ladder just to get a view of the teams that will makes the playoffs.

27641[/snapback]

I must reluctantly agree. We held Jags to about 140 yds total offense until 2 minutes left, then they drive 80 yards? This is one we let slip away. Now we go face an Oakland team in their home opener who basically lost on the last play of the game to the Stillers.

I agree. It was a very good call by Mularkey. HOWEVER, that was a FG that would be made by 90% of the kickers in this league. If we had any other NFL kicker, less perhaps shayne graham, we kick that FG and this game goes into OT.

I dont know if cutting Lindell NOW is a good move, but it should have been done 4 months ago

Heres why

27607[/snapback]

No, they converted THREE 4th downs in a row at the end.....it was friggin ridiculous!!! The O made some costly mistakes, but the D lost us this game. They choked in the end against an inferior team. Until they can fix that, we aren't going anywhere.

I agree.  It was a very good call by Mularkey.  HOWEVER, that was a FG that would be made by 90% of the kickers in this league.  If we had any other NFL kicker, less perhaps shayne graham, we kick that FG and this game goes into OT.

I dont know if cutting Lindell NOW is a good move, but it should have been done 4 months ago

27667[/snapback]

I thought that too, but it would have been a 52-yarder - definitely not a kick made by 90% of the kickers. Of course, the 41-yarder he missed earlier was the killer and would have been made most of the time by most kickers.

Heres why

27607[/snapback]

Our D is good except when the game is on the line. Will lose more games than we win if this happens every week.

We also turned the ball right back over to them. We NEVER win the f-ing TO battle.

DBs looked good except on 4th and 14 and 4th and goal. That is when they needed to step up, and they failed to.

I saw the DBs playing about 12 yds off the line on one play, and Jax completed a pass to the TE in front of them for a 1st down.

Negatives ALWAYS outweigh the positives in a loss.

I thought that too, but it would have been a 52-yarder - definitely not a kick made by 90% of the kickers.  Of course, the 41-yarder he missed earlier was the killer and would have been made most of the time by most kickers.

27761[/snapback]

Maybe there would be some wisdom in dumping Lindell for Hollis (who says he's ready to play). He sure made some clutch kicks for us back in 2002

You can't win in this league by scoring 10 points. Look what we did to the Pats last year in the opener.

I'll agree that the D looks good, but also couldn't get it done when it counted most. We still don't seem to show the maturity to stay focused for 60 minutes. The showboating is a definite problem, and especially when it's done by the guys who are supposed to be the veteran leaders on the team. You don't celebrate until you win the game. We acted like we had the game wrapped up and before you know it the Jags fought right back and stole one from us. Now you can argue that there was OPI on the final drive, (as I believe there was), but it never sould have come down to the last drive.

How does a veteran QB like DB make aplay like he did on the lateral, when there were 3 Jags all around the intended receiver - that's a rookie mistake at best. And how does DB miss the wide open TH in the end zone on play action. Those 2 plays were huge in this loss, and unfortunately say a lot about where we may be headed this year. Without a mobile, sharp QB, we wll continue to have an offense that will struggle to put points on the board.

Where was the deep ball?

Why don't we run more play action?

Why don't we mix up the offense play calling: slants over the middle, using the TE more, passing to the backs out of the backfield?

You look at what Indy and the Patsies did on the first drives against each other, in the rain no less. They have the defense constantly guessing.

The way our D played, we had a chance to score 25 - 30 points. I am not a DB fan and don't see how we can be competive with the playoff level teams with a QB who's on the steep down downside of his career.