1. 1. MaGahee #1 who will be #2 Bills rusher in 05'

• J.P. Losman
    • ReShard Lee
    • Joe Burns
    • Shaud Williams
    • Lionel Gates

Losman, anyone care to bet?

386156[/snapback]

You're probably right, but I doubt that the Bills brass would happy about it.

If JP gets 25/game, which is highly possible, that would do the trick.

I wouldnt be surprised if the Bills go out and sign a backup RB before the season starts.

What I think is happening is that TD is trying to get all of the rookies signed in the next two weeks, and whatever money is left over he'll see what is out there on the FA market. I honestly see the Bills giving Verba a decent offer at some point, and if he refuses we could see that money spent towards Garrison Hearst or Amos Zereoue

Micheal Vick?

386222[/snapback]

And Vick is so good, how many SB rings does he have in 4 years. What's his QB rating? How many fumbles? What do his receivers think of him?

Thanks, but I'll take a QB, not an athlete who can't find open receivers.

And Vick is so good, how many SB rings does he have in 4 years.  What's his QB rating?  How many fumbles?  What do his receivers think of him? 

386228[/snapback]

R.I.F

And Vick is so good, how many SB rings does he have in 4 years.  What's his QB rating?  How many fumbles?  What do his receivers think of him? 

386228[/snapback]

By the measure you are using he certainly is a more ptoductive QB than Peyton Manning who at least has finally sprinted ahead of Ryan Leaf in playoffs win with his first one with the Colts playoff victories in the seventh year of his career

Manning was certainly achieved a higher QB rating than Vick in the 4th year of their careers though not extraordinarily higher so that one might judge their individual accomplishments to be quite even since clearly the AT teams with Vick at QB have achieved more than the Colts teams with Manning at the helm.

I'd agree with you that all things being what they are, I wouldn't certainly rather have Trent Dilfer with his cap hit the year they won the SB which allowed them to instead commit winning resources to the D, or if I insist on having a glitzy QB to invest in strategies that found Kurt Warner at Wal-Mart of Tom Brady in the 6th rounf rather than to pay a team-killing amount to Micheal Vick or Peyton Manning and never win the SB or even the conference championship game.

I'd pass on opting for the stud QB or athlete and instead a key to reaching the ultimate goal of an SB win seems to be not to invest inordinantly at QB but to instead invest in building a team.

If JP wins the SB with the Bills, he will be the first QB to deliver the trophy to the team which drafted him in the 1st since Dallas chose Aikman in 1989 (though I think that the key move was trading Herschel Walker to MN for the depth which made them a winning team.

Of course their is the example of NE winning it with Drew who was essential to their winning run in 2001 with his work in the championship game, but we have already done the Bledsoe thing and it was really a 6th round selectwed QB paid 25K above the rookie minimum that delivered the SB trophy to them, so outside of Vick having a slightly better W/L % than Manning they really are both about the same in desirability if winning the SB is what you are all about as a fan.

My vote says Shaud Williams. I think MM will give him first crack based on last year and I expect in a mop up role he will break a few  :D

I expect Joe Burns will not make the team.

386405[/snapback]

I think Burns becomes the backup FB and fulltime ST only. He seemed to do well on ST and he has shown that he has blocking ability. He just isn't natural at running.

Micheal Vick?

386222[/snapback]

I forgot Mike Vick has always been such a huge winner everywhere. Winning with a run first QB does not happen. (see CUNNINGHAM, Randall) Compare the career stats of these two running QBs you will see low QB ratings, high number of INTs, and lets not forget the big number which is 0 for the rings they have won. An athlete like Elway is what wins championships...can do some things with his legs when he has to but doesn't rely on them to win games. Oh yeah and I seem to remember Cunningham always being injured and Mike Vick is on that path. I will take a QB who can actually throw an accurate pass and make a few runs in a season when he needs to over a flashy, run first guy anyday. Hopefully thats exactly what we have in JP.