Henry contract extension

Tennessee's risk is the expenditure of 3 round draft pick.  Henry's risk is might be throwing away his career.  If he truly knew himself, he would accept a secondary role with Bills and most likely 3 or 4 more seasons of spot duty. 

Does anyone remember TH was only a backup at Tennessee?  His battering ram style delivered a couple of good years, but he's too small to productively sustain that in the NFL.  Part and parcel with stupidity, IMO, in that he believes he can be successful in the long run with that lone talent.

386070[/snapback]

Henry is still the all-time rushing leader at Tennessee and won a national championship there. Thanks for playing.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Woo, if I'm reading this right, the option for next year is at the clubs option. So, if he has a great season, the titans get him on the cheap. If he has a bad season, they cut him with no further obligation. If your Henry, why would you sign this?

These figures cannot be correct. Why not become unrestricted next year if there is absolutely nothing in it for this year

386096[/snapback]

Thank you. Someone gets it. Basically TH has to play balls out or they cut him. Tenny is only out a 3rd and no further obligation. TH had better find a way to get on the field and perform well or his career maybe over very quickly.

Henry is still the all-time rushing leader at Tennessee and won a national championship there. Thanks for playing.

386103[/snapback]

Of course college is different then the NFL and it is probably a more accurrate evaluation to do YPG as a lot of guys leave after 2-3 years. Lewis, Garner, Johnnie Jones, Cobb, and Stewart are probably all ahead of him in that category.

You are correct in saying he has the most yards rushing for Tenneessee, but that isn't saying anything. I believe Eric Zeier has a lot of SEC records over Payton Manning. Are you telling me Zeier was a better QB even at that level than Manning?

Of course college is different then the NFL and it is probably a more accurrate evaluation to do YPG as a lot of guys leave after 2-3 years.  Lewis, Garner, Johnnie Jones, Cobb, and Stewart are probably all ahead of him in that category. 

You are correct in saying he has the most yards rushing for Tenneessee,  but that isn't saying anything.  I believe Eric Zeier has a lot of SEC records over Payton Manning.  Are you telling me Zeier was a better QB even at that level than Manning?

386115[/snapback]

Yards arent the barometer for QBs. Besides, you're dead wrong. Travis had as good or better YPC than all of them except Garner, and as good or better YPC than all Tennessee rushers in the top nine of all-time (with Garner being #10).

http://utsports.collegesports.com/sports/m...t-career-rb.htm

Yards arent the barometer for QBs. Besides, you're dead wrong. Travis had as good or better YPC than all of them except Garner, and as good or better YPC than all Tennessee rushers in the top nine of all-time (with Garner being #10).

http://utsports.collegesports.com/sports/m...t-career-rb.htm

386124[/snapback]

Where did I say per carry? I said per game. Reading comprehension 101 wasn't your best subject was it?

386103[/snapback]

There's still got to be a reason he went in the second round while the guy he backed up for much of his career (including in the championship year), Jamal Lewis, went fifth overall.

My only hope at this point is that Travis either does well with Tenny for 5+ years, so that later in life when he completely screws up something and goes to jail, they won't say the 2nd former Buffalo Bill who cut his wifes head off......

Either that or if he screws the pooch in Tenny then he is a semi-good citizen the rest of his life so we don't have to hear about him being associated with us in the above scenerio.

Where did I say per carry?  I said per game.  Reading comprehension 101 wasn't your best subject was it?

386136[/snapback]

Oops. Regardless, looking at those stats will tell you that his numbers are as good or better than all of those guys. YPG is a worthless stat unless you play the whole game. When Henry started, his stats were as good or better than Jamal Lewis, and all of those other backs.

Oops. Regardless, looking at those stats will tell you that his numbers are as good or better than all of those guys. YPG is a worthless stat unless you play the whole game. When Henry started, his stats were as good or better than Jamal Lewis, and all of those other backs.

386161[/snapback]

You're actually going to sit there and say Travis is better than Lewis, Stewart, Garner or Cobb ????? Do you actually belive that or are you jerking my chain? because there is a reason those guys were 1st rounder or very high 2nd rounders. And Travis was a low 2nd rounder.

You're actually going to sit there and say Travis is better than Lewis, Stewart, Garner or Cobb ?????  Do you actually belive that or are you jerking my chain?  because there is a reason those guys were 1st rounder or very high 2nd rounders.  And Travis was a low 2nd rounder.

386174[/snapback]

Where did i say anything like that?

My only hope at this point is that Travis either does well with Tenny for 5+ years, so that later in life when he completely screws up something and goes to jail, they won't say the 2nd former Buffalo Bill who cut his wifes head off......

Either that or if he screws the pooch in Tenny then he is a semi-good citizen the rest of his life so we don't have to hear about him being associated with us in the above scenerio.

Yes, because nailing 15-year old lying whores is a precursor to double homicide. :D

As for the contract, had he accepted one that was even HALF of what Jordan got, I'd believe that he was looking for Jordan money. This contract is nothing. It's basically a play-out-the-year deal with the Titans having the $4M option to keep him if he does well (and Travis having the option to sit-out for more money, with more leverage), or if he doesn't, refuse to give him the option payment and let him walk.

Yes, because nailing 15-year old lying whores is a precursor to double homicide. :D

As for the contract, had he accepted one that was even HALF of what Jordan got, I'd believe that he was looking for Jordan money.  This contract is nothing.  It's basically a play-out-the-year deal with the Titans having the $4M option to keep him if he does well (and Travis having the option to sit-out for more money, with more leverage), or if he doesn't, refuse to give him the option payment and let him walk.

386183[/snapback]

'....and let him walk' (to the nearest schoolyard). Sorry. I believe that after the incident with the 15 year old, TD's running back mission was to replace TH. Mission accomplished!

As for the contract, had he accepted one that was even HALF of what Jordan got, I'd believe that he was looking for Jordan money.  This contract is nothing.  It's basically a play-out-the-year deal with the Titans having the $4M option to keep him if he does well (and Travis having the option to sit-out for more money, with more leverage), or if he doesn't, refuse to give him the option payment and let him walk.

386183[/snapback]

Well what he and his agent privately thought was not what they publicly said:

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...l=lamont+jordan

'....and let him walk' (to the nearest schoolyard).  Sorry.  I believe that after the incident with the 15 year old, TD's running back mission was to replace TH.  Mission accomplished!

I disagree. Willis literally fell into the Bills' laps. They saw the opp to grab a guy with top-3 talent at #22 overall, and decided to gamble on greatness. Had that opp not presented itself, I doubt they would have spent another high pick on a RB. And I think that the incident with the 15-year old may have soured the Bills some on him, but there were other reasons.

Well what he and his agent privately thought was not what they publicly said:

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...l=lamont+jordan

Anyone can author a "report." And it's also entirely plausible that Travis made those demands to teams who he did NOT want to play for, specifically the Cards. Do you blame him?

Again, I can't believe he went from those demands to accepting the (IMHO) lousy deal he allegedly did with the Titans.