Henry contract extension

I disagree.  Willis literally fell into the Bills' laps.  They saw the opp to grab a guy with top-3 talent at #22 overall, and decided to gamble on greatness.  Had that opp not presented itself, I doubt they would have spent another high pick on a RB.  And I think that the incident with the 15-year old may have soured the Bills some on him, but there were other reasons.

386434[/snapback]

Bingo.

Had there not been that big run on DLs prior to the Bills pick (which, besides taking off the board a number of players in whom the Bills were interested, almost guaranteed that Kelsay would fall to the Bills' second round slot since everyone who needed a DL had already grabbed one), the Bills probably would have taken a higher-ranked DL. Or at the very least they would have had a much tougher decision to make. As it was, they took a calculated gamble, not so much because they wanted to replace TH but because they knew they would probably get Kelsay in the second round anyway.

Henry is gone not because he dallied with an underaged girl or couldn't manage his money. He's gone because Willis is better. In every facet of the game. Willis is bigger. He's stronger. He's faster. He has better hands. He's a better blocker. He's got to be smarter (which isn't hard). He's just better, period. That's why he's staying and that's why Travis is gone.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic