Bills at Colts - 8/13/05

udonkey

Anyone going?

I just picked up 2 tickets on eBay for $30 ($10 tickets + $20 shipping)...still not a bad deal to see the Bills 100 miles away.

If anyone is going and would like to meet up somewhere downtown for a couple of beers beforehand, let me know.

Anyone going?

I just picked up 2 tickets on eBay for $30 ($10 tickets + $20 shipping)...still not a bad deal to see the Bills 100 miles away.

If anyone is going and would like to meet up somewhere downtown for a couple of beers beforehand, let me know.

384250[/snapback]

I'll be there . I'll be in the Hoiday Inn Crowne Plaza right next to the stadium. That is where I had my pregame beers before the debacle that took out our #2 QB at the time.

I'll be there . I'll be in the Hoiday Inn Crowne Plaza right next to the stadium. That is where I had my pregame beers before the debacle that took out our #2 QB at the time.

384357[/snapback]

Yeah, my dad and I got to Indy an hour early last year (forgot about the time zone change), so we ended up going to Hooters and then to a brewery somewhere downtown.

I was pretty bummed out - the whole purpose for going to the game was to watch Losman, but this was the game right after he got hurt. Then to see Travis Brown get hurt...I nearly vomited.

I plan on getting my media credential to shoot the game. Since Duke Preston went to Illinois, he's a local kid and I'm going to do a story on him. Last year I was shooting video in the end zone when Kenny(?) Thomas picked off a Peyton Manning pass and ran it in for six. It's always good to rub elbows with players from your favorite team. :doh:

If and when I do get my credential I'll PM you guys (Art and "U") to see if we can meet up before the game. Maybe I can score a couple of extra media guides for you?

Sounds great...I would say that I will most likely start the day off at Hooters and then hit a couple of the local bars before heading into the game.

I talked to my dad, and he might not be able to make it since we'll be driving to Buffalo the following Saturday, so I might be bringing my girlfriend along. In that case, there probably won't be a stop at Hooters. :doh:

• 3 weeks later...

Bump...

turns out that a buddy and I will be attending. We decided, due to the amount of alcohol that will probably be consumed, that we are going to stay - I just made reservastions at the Comfort Inn two blocks south of the RCA dome for $99 for Saturday night.

Anyone feel like having some drinks before hand? You'll see me barhopping in my Spikes jersey all afternoon (we'll arrive in Indy ~3pm, the game is at 8)

Anyone going?

384250[/snapback]

Uhm... 20 bucks for the shipping of tickets??

Me thinks you being screwed.

Uhm... 20 bucks for the shipping of tickets??

Me thinks you being screwed.

401579[/snapback]

Not really - it was his way to recoup the cost, as he's a season ticket holder. $15 a ticket is hardly getting screwed.

I'm thinking about trying to make it to the Bills/Colts pre-season game this weekend (I live close to Indianapolis). Found a bunch of "cheap tickets" for the game on eBay .. but I have no idea what kind of venue the RCA dome is like. Most of the tix are in the "upper level", but many are at least in the middle of the field (45-50 yard line).

Anyone have experience with the RCA dome? Are tickets in sections 338-340 worth $10 each (taking my son and grand-son, so I need 2 ...)

Even though it's pre-season, I'm kind of excited ... first live Bills game I will see since I left Buffalo in 1978!!

GO BILLS!!!!

Got my press credential approved, so I'll be heading to Indy tomorrow afternoon. I'm planning to visit a friend who works at a TV station in Indy, then going over to the RCA Dome 1 or 1 1/2 hours early.

Anyone got any specific location they'll be at pre-game? If not, we could meet up for a while at the Dome.

I plan on getting to Indy tomorrow around 11am-12pm. Upon arrival, we're parking the car at the hotel (check in is at 3) and we're going to walk somewhere downtown for lunch and beers.

Beyond that, we'll check into the hotel, have a few beers there, then find another bar to lounge at until gametime. I don't know exact names/locations, but last year when my dad and I went, we went to the Hooters for a while, then a brewery a block or two away.

Once we get to the game, we're sitting in section 345.

After the game, we'll most likely be heading BACK to the bars (my buddy doesn't get out much, so he's planning on doing it up big).

By the way, I'll be sporting my Spikes AWAY jersey, if it helps you recognize me...doubt that there will be too many Bills fans there (maybe a thousand or 2 last year). My name is Mike, if you want to give me a yell.

Got my press credential approved, so I'll be heading to Indy tomorrow afternoon. I'm planning to visit a friend who works at a TV station in Indy, then going over to the RCA Dome 1 or 1 1/2 hours early.

Anyone got any specific location they'll be at pre-game? If not, we could meet up for a while at the Dome.

405891[/snapback]

Mike--will you be taking any pic/video of the game? If you do posting them for the starved masses will make you a hero for at least one day. Can't wait to see what you guys take away from the game.

Mike--will you be taking any pic/video of the game?  If you do posting them for the starved masses will make you a hero for at least one day.  Can't wait to see what you guys take away from the game.

406561[/snapback]

I'll shoot the game with a professional Betacam that we use at our station. I don't think I can upload any of that to the web. I'll see if my wife left our digital camera at home and if so, I'll grab it on the way over to Indy and take a few snapshots from the field. If I do that, I would need help getting them on the web; I can upload them to a computer, I just need somewhere on the web to place them, size them, etc.

I'm heading to Indy in a couple of hours, so I'll get to the RCA Dome 6-7 pm ET. Mike, I'll try to come and find you guys. And you could probably guess my name is Mike, too.

I'll shoot the game with a professional Betacam that we use at our station. I don't think I can upload any of that to the web.  I'll see if my wife left our digital camera at home and if so, I'll grab it on the way over to Indy and take a few snapshots from the field.  If I do that, I would need help getting them on the web; I can upload them to a computer, I just need somewhere on the web to place them, size them, etc.

I'm heading to Indy in a couple of hours, so I'll get to the RCA Dome 6-7 pm ET. Mike, I'll try to come and find you guys. And you could probably guess my name is Mike, too.

406568[/snapback]

I don't want to speak for him, but a pm to GHost should work for you.

I plan on getting my media credential to shoot the game.  Since Duke Preston went to Illinois, he's a local kid and I'm going to do a story on him.  Last year I was shooting video in the end zone when Kenny(?) Thomas picked off a Peyton Manning pass and ran it in for six. It's always good to rub elbows with players from your favorite team. :D

If and when I do get my credential I'll PM you guys (Art and "U") to see if we can meet up before the game. Maybe I can score a couple of extra media guides for you?

385300[/snapback]

Kevin Thomas. You're thinking of Kenny Irvin.

I plan on getting to Indy tomorrow around 11am-12pm.  Upon arrival, we're parking the car at the hotel (check in is at 3) and we're going to walk somewhere downtown for lunch and beers.

Beyond that, we'll check into the hotel, have a few beers there, then find another bar to lounge at until gametime.  I don't know exact names/locations, but last year when my dad and I went, we went to the Hooters for a while, then a brewery a block or two away.

Once we get to the game, we're sitting in section 345.

After the game, we'll most likely be heading BACK to the bars (my buddy doesn't get out much, so he's planning on doing it up big).

By the way, I'll be sporting my Spikes AWAY jersey, if it helps you recognize me...doubt that there will be too many Bills fans there (maybe a thousand or 2 last year).  My name is Mike, if you want to give me a yell.

405894[/snapback]

Pulled into the Crowne plaza about 1:30 went to alcatraz Brewery for lunch and happened to see an away Spikes 59 Walking down the street. GO BILLS !!!!!!!

Pulled into the Crowne plaza about 1:30 went to alcatraz Brewery for lunch and happened to see an away Spikes 59 Walking down the street. GO BILLS !!!!!!!

406766[/snapback]

I hope you were just so excited to see the Bills fan that you either misread the name or number and that no Bills fan is actually dumb enough to put spikes name with Fletchers number. but none the Less GO BILLS!!!

406766[/snapback]

Art -

Very likely that it was me wearing the Spikes 51 away jersey - a buddy and I ate at Ram Brewery (across the street from Alcatraz) until about 2:30pm. We're at the Comfort Inn ($99 a night :D ) 2 blocks south of the stadium.

About to tailgate for an hour or so (too damn hot out), then head over to the stadium around 7:15-7:30. Hopefully I run into some TBDers.