NYS Medicaid Fraud in the Billions

If all fraud was to be eliminated right this second, the system would be hurting from the illegal aliens alone.

Go to an emergency room in this area and you will be sitting there waiting while the illegals are being treated, of course for no cost.

This works well for pols from both parties. They get to appear compassionate, although it does not cost THEM a dime. WE foot the bills. They can also provide cheap labor to their rich, corporate friends.

Sorry, both parties are to blame here, but I WOULD say that, because I am one of AD's minions. Or was it KRC? ;)

If all fraud was to be eliminated right this second, the system would be hurting from the illegal aliens alone.

Go to an emergency room in this area and you will be sitting there waiting while the illegals are being treated, of course for no cost.

This works well for pols from both parties. They get to appear compassionate, although it does not cost THEM a dime. WE foot the bills. They can also provide cheap labor to their rich, corporate friends.

Sorry, both parties are to blame here, but I WOULD say that, because I am one of AD's minions. Or was it KRC?  ;)

384893[/snapback]

I've considered starting some minions. Want to join?

Well, there's two seats than can go in the next election. But given history, doesn't look like they will.

384892[/snapback]

I doubt that neither Joe Bruno or Sheldon Silver has any worries about re-election in their districts. They make sure that every bill contains some goodies for their constituents. Who wouldn't want their state senator or legislator to control all spending in Albany?

If they had to be elected state-wide, they would be gone long before now.

Pataki, on the other hand, is a goner if he decides to run again.

So what's your solution?  Live with it the way it is?  Or have no Medicaid whatsoever?  The program was designed to be a way to cover the indigent and uninsured.  Unfortunately, politicians, lobbyists, health care workers unions and others have built it into a system that covers every possible health issue including free transportation to the doctor so that he can rip off the taxpayers. 

By the way, the two main culprits, Gov. Pataki and State Senate leader Joe Bruno are Republicans.  ;)

384845[/snapback]

There are more people uninsured today than there were when the program started. Getting government more involved in the health care industry is the reason it's more expensive than ever.

Nice try blaming solely Republicans, as if the problems in NY started less than a decade ago. That line of thinking is why this sh-- continues.

There are more people uninsured today than there were when the program started.  Getting government more involved in the health care industry is the reason it's more expensive than ever.

Nice try blaming solely Republicans, as if the problems in NY started less than a decade ago.  That line of thinking is why this sh-- continues.

385005[/snapback]

>>>>There are more people uninsured today than there were when the program started.<<<<

Yes, but would you not agree that most of them are illegal?

>>>>There are more people uninsured today than there were when the program started.<<<<

Yes, but would you not agree that most of them are illegal?

385010[/snapback]

I have no idea the demographic - the studies I've read don't break things down that way. Even Canada, with their Socialized Medicine that supposedly covers everyone, has virtually the same percentage of people without access to medical care that the US currently "enjoys."

Someday pragmatists will take over the world. ;)