Rashard Lee signing

looking over the bills' depth chart, i now find joe burns, lionel gates, and shaud williams as the backup RBs for the bills. not for nothing, but none of those guys have shown the ability to fill in for long stretches of time during and NFL game.

but wait........look..........its a bird, its a plane, its....its......

and experienced NFL rusher with starting experience. its rashard lee - who TD snatched up from dallas months ago knowing that he needed someone to be able to carry the load for the bills while willis needs a rest. yes, that is just during the time when willis needs a quick breath of air or a swig of gatorade, because other than that willis will never leave the field while the rest of the offensive unit is out there. there will be no talk of any other circumstances that would cause willis to miss a play or in severe circumstances, a series. there will be no talk of the "I" word, because even though rashard lee is capable of filling the gap for a few plays, the bills need willis to be in there to put fear in the heads of the defense - whether we run or play action them.

thanks for coming to buffalo rashard!

Reshard Lee doesn't have starting experience, in fact his experience is about the same as shaud williams the difference being shaud williams is 5'7 190lbs and reshard lee is 5'10 220lbs. Lee has the size to be a fill in, but he never actually proved anything. I think this is why we tried to get atrain awhile back, however you don't know what you have till you see it. So we might be fine at backup rb

I got a chance to see Rashard Lee play a little with the Cowboys. Honestly, I think if anything were to happen to McGahee, Lee and Williams could make a pretty decent combo, if used right. Williams, to me, seems like he might have some Warrick Dunn like potential (and weaknesses), while Lee is kind of similar to the dearly departed Travis Henry. I think this was a very good pick up for the Bills. Obviously, they did it with the idea that Travis wasn't going to be around for the 2005 season. Good luck to Travis, and lets play ball!

naw i have no problem calling someone out for their performance - whether good or bad. TD is no exception to this. i do have to give credit to him for signing an RB with great physical tools and some experience playing in the NFL prior to moving henry. the move looked good before. now it looks brilliant!

now we need to address either signing verba to play LT or lock up clements. both of these moves need to be made, and the fact that they haven't yet is a BAD move by TD. see? a BAD move...i said it.

Didn't Rashard Lee get cut outright by the Cowboys? A young player not making any kind of $$$ with no trade value what-so-ever, released before training camp even started? I hope he turns out to be a nice find, but right now IMO he's just training camp fodder.

Didn't Rashard Lee get cut outright by the Cowboys? A young player not making any kind of $$$ with no trade value what-so-ever, released before training camp even started? I hope he turns out to be a nice find, but right now IMO he's just training camp fodder.

383625[/snapback]

Lee asked the Cowboys to release him, after they signed Anthony Thomas. His request was granted, Parcells had very good things to say about him upon his release...

Lee asked the Cowboys to release him, after they signed Anthony Thomas.  His request was granted, Parcells had very good things to say about him upon his release...

383628[/snapback]

Thanks, I didn't know that... makes me feel a little better about the pick-up.

383625[/snapback]

He was released only to make roster space for Anthony Thomas.

Lee asked the Cowboys to release him, after they signed Anthony Thomas.  His request was granted, Parcells had very good things to say about him upon his release...

383628[/snapback]

You don't actually think Parcells would have said we let him go because he has no potential whatsoever.

I remember the Bills brass saying Bledsoe did a great job in his 3 years here. Do you actually believe them.

They never really let you know what the truth is, if ya know what I mean. In this case I hope Parcells is right. :rolleyes: