Suprise!

Bombers = 3 Pakistanis and one Jamaican. Obviously all Johny Foreigners are this blasted Arab terrorist people. Indeed probably those 'Irish' fellows that blow things up are Arabs as well. And that Baruch Goldstein chappie, he came from that middle eastern kind of place as well, obviously another Arab.

Ah, JSP enlightens my knowledge beyond all my previous expectations. I am most grateful.

Bombers = 3 Pakistanis and one Jamaican. Obviously all Johny Foreigners are this blasted Arab terrorist people. Indeed probably those 'Irish' fellows that blow things up are Arabs as well. And that Baruch Goldstein chappie, he came from that middle eastern kind of place as well, obviously another Arab.

Ah, JSP enlightens my knowledge beyond all my previous expectations. I am most grateful.

381934[/snapback]

Wake up call everyone. Wait until the investigation plays out and see where things trace back to. They don't call it "transnational" terrorism for nothing.

Wake up call everyone. Wait until the investigation plays out and see where things trace back to. They don't call it "transnational" terrorism for nothing.

381953[/snapback]

Look at this a-hole:

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2005/WORLD/europe/0...hussain.met.jpg

A scraggy beard and a name like Mohhamend Akublah Hassan Moaddam would be clues to use when looking for these terrorists.

According to his parents though, "he was gentle boy who loved people", so maybe they should look at someone else.

381953[/snapback]

That doesn't change the fact that JSP's original statement that the London bus bomber is an Arab is almost certainly untrue.

That doesn't change the fact that JSP's original statement that the London bus bomber is an Arab is almost certainly untrue.

381985[/snapback]

Of course. But, as I said, eventually things will trace back. The guys with the backpacks are the "delivery system". The missile. What I consider "the bombers" are doing the aiming. And, yes, they aren't necessarilly arabs. But, I'll bet you a weeks pay they are Muslim.

Of course. But, as I said, eventually things will trace back. The guys with the backpacks are the "delivery system". The missile. What I consider "the bombers" are doing the aiming. And, yes, they aren't necessarilly arabs. But, I'll bet you a weeks pay they are Muslim.

381993[/snapback]

I'm not taking that bet! Yes, they are almost certainly muslims.

I'm not taking that bet! Yes, they are almost certainly muslims.

382033[/snapback]

And they won't be British, either. This has been concerning a lot of people for quite a while. We all live in countries with millions of people. It only takes a few. Economy of force. There is going to come a time where anyone who looks like anyone could be the enemy. Part of the strategy. Why import half educated 19 year old nut cases from the Sudan, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Egypt...where ever, when you can recruit locally? If anyone has their share of impressionable young idiots, it's your country and ours. I shudder to think about what could walk out of our prison system someday.

So if I do something bad I'm Italian...not American?  These guys were Brits.

382075[/snapback]

No, if they were "Brits" they wouldn't have blown up their countrymen. They are traitors, of the worse kind. Just because you were born somewhere, and by law a citizen doesn't mean you belong. Those days are over.

Citizenship revoked on impact?

382100[/snapback]

Kind of moot, at that point.

But, no - I wouldn't revoke citizenship. I'd do a serious look at "rights" given a citizen. I'm of the mood that many, many laws and protections in certain areas are obsolete, but I also don't think that anyone with enough power in Congress has the balls to fix any of it. Some juniors do, but they have no influence.

We're facing a new century, new challenges and new threats framed within range fans defined 30-40 years ago. All this feel good stuff from the 60's and 70's doesn't pertain to our current environment. I've said it before, I hate to bring up Clinton, but the truth is they were the ones who recognized the new problems, and instead of confronting it, they chose to find ways to mitigate it, politically. At least publically. They never once put anything on the street that could invite public comment, if it didn't rhyme with Fleetwood Mac. Not in the national interest. everyone was happy. Now, you have an administration that is trying to undo some of that, and reassert us as THE world power. One may not like it, but if you want to worry about who wins American Idol over worrying about where your grandchildren get their next meal from, play along.

I maintain, we are collectively stupid, ignorant and spoiled as a country. My opinion. And, it's an opinion. I look 20 years down the road. If God has any mercy, I won't be here then.

I really think most Americans look 20 minutes. If they have that much of an attention span.

Kind of moot, at that point.

But, no - I wouldn't revoke citizenship. I'd do a serious look at "rights" given a citizen. I'm of the mood that many, many laws and protections in certain areas are obsolete, but I also don't think that anyone with enough power in Congress has the balls to fix any of it. Some juniors do, but they have no influence.

We're facing a new century, new challenges and new threats framed within range fans defined 30-40 years ago.

I

382121[/snapback]

what came to mind was Alvin Toffler's "Nations will Wither" arguments that

the Nation State is quickly becomming an outmoded idea. Globalization is

happening faster than the security challenges it presents to a very succesful

coldwar idea of Citizenship and even jurisprudence. I don't think much

of the America I grew up with will be recognizable in 25 years - (I may still be alive if they invent the artificial liver in the next 10 years).

Obviously, in London anyway, you have people from within that more

closely identify with an ideology with roots in the sand than with

Queen and Blighty. Our borders are not secure (we like our lawns trimmed),

much of our military is still well suited to fight Ivan (we like our hometown bases, they keep the coffee shops full).

If there is anything of Genius in Rummy, I think it is in recognizing the Military we will need in the future. I don't know what your assessment of our linguists might be, but I think it is probably the French helping us very much these days.