To all those condeming Lou Holtz

Adam

I hear all this Lou Holtz is a scumbag &%%^$^$, and it makes me sick. Why don't you (and I definitely son't mean the majority- just the win or get fired DEMOGRAPHIC).

The media has created such an atmosphere of win or get fired that coaches basically are pressured into doing things they wouldn't normally do. Let the media know you are sick of their garbage of trying to control everything. A coach shouldn't just be judged on wins and losses- but how their players turn out academically and athletically. We need to get back to the way things are supposed to be.

• 5 weeks later...

Even though he did have success coaching for 'that school' (the one in Indiana), I do admire Holtz as a coach. Like JoePa, he likes to poor mouth his team, even to a fault sometimes.

(Reporter) "Coach, how do you like your chances this week?"

Holtz "Well, we're not as good as we could be, and this team could suprise us if we don't step it up."

(Reporter) "Uh, coach, aren't your opponents currently on a 70 game losing streak?"

Have always respected Lou's abilities as a HC, getting his players graduated, and giving all of the players a chance. That 39-y.o. WR last year was at SC.

His son Skip (who I think became a co-ordinator for his dad there) was our HC in the few seasons leading up to the transition phase from I-AA to I-A. It was basically his name that garnered the team some respect and recruiting, and put the works in for the new stadium and then joining the Big East. I think he did really well at building the foundation that Randy Edsall has built up from nicely. They've been a positive force in college football.

I hear all this Lou Holtz is a scumbag &%%^$^$, and it makes me sick. Why don't you (and I definitely son't mean the majority- just the win or get fired DEMOGRAPHIC).

Where are you hearing the bad mouthing against Lou?

Lou's the man!

The media has created such an atmosphere of win or get fired that coaches basically are pressured into doing things they wouldn't normally do. Let the media know you are sick of their garbage of trying to control everything. A coach shouldn't just be judged on wins and losses- but how their players turn out academically and athletically. We need to get back to the way things are supposed to be.

381548[/snapback]

You mean, like this?

TheState.com: Holtz leaves fingerprints at scene of crime

Or this?

Chicago Sun-Times: Teflon Lou always escapes the NCAA's grasp

Or this?

Toledo Blade: Holtz leaves his mark - as con man

Just wanted to clear up the topic of discussion....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.