The Rest of the Story

Paul Harvey

In Pennsylvania, you are about 50% more likely to die from an infection you get while spending time in a hospital than you are to die from a firearm (over 300% more likely to die from an in-hospital infection than a homicide involving a firearm (1800 infection deaths/about 500 homicides)).

I wonder why they don't report EVERY DAMN ONE OF THOSE on the evening news? [/sarcasm]

Paul Harvey

In Pennsylvania, you are about 50% more likely to die from an infection you get while spending time in a hospital than you are to die from a firearm (over 300% more likely to die from an in-hospital infection than a homicide involving a firearm (1800 infection deaths/about 500 homicides)).

I wonder why they don't report EVERY DAMN ONE OF THOSE on the evening news?  [/sarcasm]

381336[/snapback]

Because guns are bad, hospitals are not. :D

Paul Harvey

I wonder why they don't report EVERY DAMN ONE OF THOSE on the evening news?  [/sarcasm]

381336[/snapback]

But how many of those who died from nonsocomial infections were put in the hospital by guns? :D

381336[/snapback]

If something bad ever happens to me in PA please shove me in the car and drive me to NY.

Because guns are bad, hospitals are not.  ;)

381369[/snapback]

Guns don't kill people, Abortions kill people. Where do abortions happen, in hospital clinics. It's all a vast left wing conspircy. :D

If something bad ever happens to me in PA please shove me in the car and drive me to NY.

381395[/snapback]

NY hospitals aren't much better. Actually, there's very few urban hospitals in the nation that don't have problems with nonsocomial infections; they're very good breeding grounds for antibiotic-resistant bacteria.