Bills Article

I appreciate the optimism, but what was that with the comparison to the Simpson sisters?  Did this guy all of a sudden let his 11 year old daughter write a couple paragraphs?

380702[/snapback]

Yeah I was wondering where he was headed with that as well.

I appreciate the optimism, but what was that with the comparison to the Simpson sisters?  Did this guy all of a sudden let his 11 year old daughter write a couple paragraphs?

380702[/snapback]

He also implied that McGee made the Pro Bowl as a cornerback and failed to mention the injury to K. Everette, a bit more research by the writer would have been nice.

380702[/snapback]

I stopped reading when I got to that point. Immediately all of the writer’s credibility was thrown out the window.

Two big signs that tell me this guy isn't really that much of an expert.

He mentions several times that McGee went to the Pro Bowl as a corner back. That is not true, of course. He went as a return man.

Second, he writes that Kevin Everett will provide a decent target for JP. Well, I certainly hope JP isn't throwing to Everett -- since he is sidelined for at least most of the season.

Two big signs that tell me this guy isn't really that much of an expert.

He mentions several times that McGee went to the Pro Bowl as a corner back. That is not true, of course. He went as a return man.

Second, he writes that Kevin Everett will provide a decent target for JP. Well, I certainly hope JP isn't throwing to Everett -- since he is sidelined for at least most of the season.

380716[/snapback]

Excellent post. :)

Article

380684[/snapback]

Some strange comparisons, but the article did have some good points. Most notable, and one I haven't heard too often, is the fact that the team would've gone into the tank if Gregg Williams had gotten them off to an 0-4 start. I think that certainly would've been the case, and speaks to the job MM did of sticking to his plan and not pressing the panic button. I also agree with the statement that JP can't be much worse than Bledsoe. He'll throw his share of picks, but he'll also make some plays that will give us an exciting glimpse of his potential. I think the over/under of 8.5 wins is right on, and I'll take the over at 9-7.

definitely not someone who did their research...the mcgee and everett statements pointed out above lend to this, and most of his observations seems to come from watching a game here or there and looking at stats...he said that there were less sacks with mcgahee due to the instant improvement of the o-line...someone needs to inform him that willis is much better at blitz pickup than travis...

Yes, indeed, J. Sorry, I hadn't seen your post yet when I hit submit.

381152[/snapback]

I was just giving you a hard time Scribo, anyway you worded it alot better than I did.

Say, come to think of it, you should be a writer. :D