OT: What a great Mom - sued to allow

"A hockey mom in Moncton welcomes a ruling that gives her daughter the right to share a dressing room with her male teammates.......

.......Female players must wear at least shorts and a T-shirt while male players must wear boxers. And girls will have the option of showering in private before the boys."

The *optional* private showering is certainly a sweet touch... :angry:

http://nb.cbc.ca/regional/servlet/View?fil...eygirls20041008

Heck this shouldn't be much of a problem as these kids won't take showers anyhow. We just put in new lockers ( you know the kind the athlete can sit in, really nice ones) and were told that we had to put shower curtains in! We had them put in and they still went "home to shower".

And for those kids who do.....I got chewed by my AD because my wrestlers where walking around the locker room.....naked...after showering.....Seems it offended other athletes.

I'm a guy on that team I;d be going nuts.

Wouldn't want to shower or change with some ugly hockey chick. :blink:

380492[/snapback]

no biggie.......throw a goalie mask on her and give her your best "wrist shot".....aim for the five hole......it's where they're most vulnerable. :angry:

Heck this shouldn't be much of a problem as these kids won't take showers anyhow.  We just put in new lockers ( you know the kind the athlete can sit in, really nice ones) and were told that we had to put shower curtains in!  We had them put in and they still went "home to shower".

And for those kids who do.....I got chewed by my AD because my wrestlers where walking around the locker room.....naked...after showering.....Seems it offended other athletes.

380525[/snapback]

:blink:

In High School, we had to take swimming and could wear trunks or not. Most of us didn't. Same at the YMCA.

I think they'de call out a S.W.A.T. team these days... :angry:

I think they'de call out a S.W.A.T. team these days...

I think you are right.

I remember in HS stopping the shower drains (big shower area 20 x 20) letting the area fill with water about 6 - 8 inches deep and all of us sliding across the floor buck ass naked, laughing our asses off the whole time, and I never gave it one thought that someone might be looking at my penis.....eh can I say that!! :angry:

oh man, we did that at williamsville north after swim practice

apparently we were all spending so long in the lockerroom so our female coach came in to see what was going on...some guy named scott was already sliding in the direction of the door, took a look at our coach walking in, flipped over onto his belly, lost control and smashed into the wall right next to the door, his bare ass directly below her...could've been worse...he could've landed spread eagle on his back instead

that was the last time we did that

380579[/snapback]

Went to Williamsville North? So did I. Got my 20-year reunion later this week. Gack!

Perhaps this will become a next step in what I see generally as my western society being overly obssessed with the human body, differences and sexuality. It simply strikes me as an odd contradiction that our society is so heavily concerned about "alleged" chastity in some regards (for example Ashcroft had some nude Greek statutes covered with blankets to cover their "naughty bits" while at the same time our society is selling pseudo-sex as part of popular TV shows from Desperate Housewives to Friends.

Like anything, kids will get used to a deal with whatever the rules are if adults will let them. Certainly kids need to be guided and protected from physical violations of their being (I would guess the rules about shorts and separate showers are part of that) but there would seem to be a reasonable compromise here that allows cleanliness and does not force the wearing of chasity belts.

apparently we were all spending so long in the lockerroom so our female coach came in to see what was going on...some guy named scott was already sliding in the direction of the door, took a look at our coach walking in, flipped over onto his belly, lost control and smashed into the wall right next to the door, his bare ass directly below her...could've been worse...he could've landed spread eagle on his back instead

that was the last time we did that

380579[/snapback]

:):lol:

There have been reports that stayph has become rampant in lockerooms... And getting worse?

Probably an unwise act? Not to mention getting a flaming case of jock-itch! :o

no biggie.......throw a goalie mask on her and give her your best "wrist shot".....aim for the five hole......it's where they're most vulnerable. :)

380538[/snapback]

We had the same option when I attended high school in Buffalo - being in the locker room without clothes was not considered a big deal - we also had group showers