Watched Michelle Wie today

I got to watch Michelle Wie today and let me tell you, she is unbelievable. This kid destroyed the loser that had to play with her as she firmly planted herself within the cut.

She tees off at 11:15am tommorrow and I will take off for a few hours and watch her destroy some other losers life as well.

My son is 24 years old and plays scratch golf and he was just blown away by her talent. For only being 15 years old her poise and control of the situation is unreal.

I have not seen a swing like hers ever in person...and I have seen alot of excellent golf. She will not only compete on the PGA tour someday...she will win. Mark it down.

She tees off at 11:15am tommorrow and I will...watch her destroy some other losers life as well.

My son is 24 years old and plays scratch golf and he was just blown away by her talent.

380391[/snapback]

Does all this make you son a loser, too?

Take it to PPP where RichiO will reply in kind. :blink:  Otherwise, stick to golf. :angry:

380580[/snapback]

In order to stick to golf, the topic had to be ABOUT golf. It seemed more to me that the topic was about Michelle Wie and, subsequently, all the losers in the world.

I got to watch Michelle Wie today and let me tell you, she is unbelievable. This kid destroyed the loser that had to play with her as she firmly planted herself within the cut.

She tees off at 11:15am tommorrow and I will take off for a few hours and watch her destroy some other losers life as well.

My son is 24 years old and plays scratch golf and he was just blown away by her talent. For only being 15 years old her poise and control of the situation is unreal.

I have not seen a swing like hers ever in person...and I have seen alot of excellent golf. She will not only compete on the PGA tour someday...she will win. Mark it down.

380391[/snapback]

Whether she wins or not is immaterial- there still is honor in competition- regardless of what all the people who are wrong say

380391[/snapback]

Except, she has shown no poise at all to date. Every single time she has been in a position to win something, she comes up small. Has she even won anything yet? I will agree that she has the potential to dominate the LPGA, but she more than likely won't win on the PGA tour. No way she can hit the ball out of the men's rough with those little twig arms...

Except, she has shown no poise at all to date. Every single time she has been in a position to win something, she comes up small. Has she even won anything yet? I will agree that she has the potential to dominate the LPGA, but she more than likely won't win on the PGA tour. No way she can hit the ball out of the men's rough with those little twig arms...

380653[/snapback]

Uhm, she's 15. For a 15 year old, she has incredible poise. And I agree with you about the rough, especially the majors. There are some tournaments, though, where the rough is not as thick as it would be in the majors.

She'll win money on the men's tour, but she won't be a top 50 player. On the other hand she could transform the women's tour and really increase it's popularity, moving it more into the mainstream.

Yeah, its not like she has the upper body strength of that monster named Tiger.

380674[/snapback]

Not sure if you are using sarcasm or not, but Tiger actually lifts weights. Not that there is anything wrong with little twig arms, I have them myself I might add, and it's hard to punch out. Imagine if she was in the rough at Sawgrass...

Personally, I would like to see her go and dominate the amatures first, then play the guys some more. Nothing breeds success in golf like winning. It would help her confidence greatly, and could be the difference between making a PGA event cut, and what happend to her last weekend...

Not sure if you are using sarcasm or not

380694[/snapback]

I was being sarcastic, but not trying to be a smart a$$ either. The strength side of golf comes from within the mechanics of the swing, the finesse side comes from the mind. Wie possesses both these qualities in a big way and for a fifteen year old I think she has alot of poise as well. I'm not saying she's anywhere near ready to take on the men, but I wouldn't want to see her whipping up on the amateurs each week either.

Uhm, she's 15.  For a 15 year old, she has incredible poise.  And I agree with you about the rough, especially the majors.  There are some tournaments, though, where the rough is not as thick as it would be in the majors.

She'll win money on the men's tour, but she won't be a top 50 player.  On the other hand she could transform the women's tour and really increase it's popularity, moving it more into the mainstream.

380671[/snapback]

Uhh at 15, I was getting papers published, doing my best friend's mom, putting out wild fires and saving rabbits from being eaten. Real poise means achieving things!

Uhh at 15, I was getting papers published, doing my best friend's mom, putting out wild fires and saving rabbits from being eaten. Real poise means achieving things!

381139[/snapback]

You saved RABBITS????

Bunnies are evil.