NCAA 2006

CajunBillsBacker

I just dont see many differences anymore.  Graphics IMO are about the same, gameplay is similar, and IMO the screens are harder to read this year...to me the game has "hit the wall" on the PS2 level.

383766[/snapback]

I think it's pretty good this year, actually. Sorry you didn't like it. This year's game is pretty damn good, and I do like the Race for the Hypeman feature they added on, plus I really like the way you can now recruit players DURING the season.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ESPN 05 was better than Madden 05, that's for sure.  But, no way is ESPN 05 a better game than NCAA 05!  The NCAA football games from EA are my absolute favorites.  They just get better every year.

I really wish EA didn't have exclusive deals w/ the NFL and NCAA for football games.  I'd love to get another ESPN pro game.  I have all of the Sega/ESPN games for Xbox, including the college football game they made.  I'll still play those games, but it sure would be nice to be able to wait on a new version this year.

381755[/snapback]

From what I understand- the designers of ESPN will be taking over as far as designing the EA Sports football games in 07

#1 Coulumbus Bills Fan, welcome to the board...I'm not going to lie, I find your name a slap in the face. :lol: Anyway, who are you sim-ing with?

I just dont see many differences anymore. Graphics IMO are about the same, gameplay is similar, and IMO the screens are harder to read this year...to me the game has "hit the wall" on the PS2 level.

IDK about PS2, but the game for Xbox has improved graphics. The stadiums are better than ever and night games look way better than before, I know they revamped the night graphics. Sure the in-game play hasn't changed much, except for the damn defensive controls :doh: , but the RFTH mode is really well done.

This is the first year I have actually used the Bucks in the game. The combo of Holmes, Ginn, Pittman, and Smith/Zwick is great!!!! Plus, AJ Hawk is a beast on D.

Georgia offered me a scholarship, so I am doing my RFTH with them. They arent bad either. I'm a HB and the option works great with the QB DJ Shockley.

From what I understand- the designers of ESPN will be taking over as far as designing the EA Sports football games in 07

384208[/snapback]

I wish this was true, but it's not. The designers of espn are ea sports competitors, or were. They will be back with something, not sure of what. It's really sad...as someone who has been playing 2k games since 2k on the dreamcast, i have really lost interest in any kind of pro game because of this. I won't be buying madden this year or ever.

NCAA 2006 is pretty cool, but theres still bugs in it from last year. Defensive players still go offsides and stand there when the offense runs no-huddle. The ground game is ok, but running up the middle almost always leads to your rb running into your own players and just running in place.

I am tulsa right now.. they are a pretty decent dynasty team. Once i get the named rosters in the mail, i will be playing as central michigan, my alma mater. Xbox live is an option, but ive played a few games and it seems most people just use cheese plays.

Xbox live is an option, but ive played a few games and it seems most people just use cheese plays.

I know what you mean. Something that I see a lot is people will pick a team w/ a WR that has amazing speed (95 or above) and put them in a CB. Then they just run a CB blitz the entire game. Sure, it means someone is open, but when the corner is there as soon as you take your second step back it's hard to get a pass off.

I know what you mean. Something that I see a lot is people will pick a team w/ a WR that has amazing speed (95 or above) and put them in a CB. Then they just run a CB blitz the entire game. Sure, it means someone is open, but when the corner is there as soon as you take your second step back it's hard to get a pass off.

385377[/snapback]

Yeah, I noticed that thats the main reason people are complaining, because people cheese online. Alot of complaints I read were direct snap the whole game to the RB, putting offensive players on defense and vice versa, throwing hail mary bombs all game. I mean if they want to bombs away, well then let's bomb away baby, but it doesn't make for a fun game. Last season I played this guy who was USC and he took Leinhart out and put his best CB at QB and just ran the ball all game. It's not fun playing anyone online unless you know the person. I had some great games online with my cousins and friends, but I refuse to play anyone I don't know, atleast not more than once.

The best way to defend against the direct snap, or a Vince Young type QB who scrambles all the time is to play with one of your LBs and use him as a QB spy. If I'm not mistaken, there is a specific QB spy play in the nickel or dime package. If it's not there this year, then run a Cover 2 and use your MLB. That way, you are still defending the middle of the field and you can chase the QB RB pretty effectively. Of course, this is only my opinion so...

The best way to defend against the direct snap, or a Vince Young type QB who scrambles all the time is to play with one of your LBs and use him as a QB spy. If I'm not mistaken, there is a specific QB spy play in the nickel or dime package. If it's not there this year, then run a Cover 2 and use your MLB. That way, you are still defending the middle of the field and you can chase the QB RB pretty effectively. Of course, this is only my opinion so...

386533[/snapback]

Vince Young > you!

Yes, Vince Young is indeed greater than myself. However, when it comes to AJ Hawk it's a little different. I know I keep talking about it, but this Texas home and home is going to be amazing. I think both games will be instant classics.

386533[/snapback]

I've had the game a couple days now and I've noticed the Spy doesn't work very well this year. When you let the computer handle it, the LB still comes up to the line of scrimmage, taking him out of the play. When you do it yourself, the blocking seems to be incredible. I'll pull my LB back 10 yards and strafe until I see which direction the play is going, and then try to get to it. I have QB's running off 25 yard plays.

When I'm playing a scrambling QB I have been running a Two DE Spy. Seems to work pretty well.

As far as the game overall...I think it's better than last year, but there are bad things also. The running game seems to be the most obvious. I was on All-American running 250 yard games against top ranked teams. It's better on Heisman, but the then the passing game becomes ridiculously hard. I've been messing with the AI to try and find a sweet spot, but haven't gotten it yet.

Oh well...NCAA is always just a filler until Madden comes out for me.

Does anyone else download roster files to give the players names instead of numbers?

There are dorks out there that name EVERY guy in the game, appropriatly, and put them on the net. It enhances that game for me to be able to play with Leinart and Reggie Bush, and know who they are.

Does anyone else download roster files to give the players names instead of numbers?

There are dorks out there that name EVERY guy in the game, appropriatly, and put them on the net.  It enhances that game for me to be able to play with Leinart and Reggie Bush, and know who they are.

390469[/snapback]

I usually mail my memory card to DT Linder at ps2rosters.com. Should be getting mine back any day now.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.