NCAA 2006

CajunBillsBacker

I just picked up my copy after work today. Only played one game and already I see some huge improvements over 05, which also was a great game. Looks like EA really concentrated on the gameplay this year because it's outstanding. The player movements are alot smoother. Alot of different cut scenes.

What do you all think of the game?

If anyone gets it and wants to play online on PS2, post in this thread.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what it is like on PS2, but on Xbox all the jukes are with the right thumb stick. This new feature is great!!! Also, scrambling with your QB (Troy Smith) is 20 times easier this year. Just hold A or X for those PS2ers and off you go. Also, if you are still behind the LOS, all you have to do is let go and the passing icons come back up. Stadiums this year are the best yet, I have never seen The 'Shoe look so good. I like the feature with the girlfriends in the game. When in Heisman mode, your players gf gets better looking as you do better. I thought it was a nice touch.

Yeah, the right analog stick controls the jukes on PS2 also. Will take some practice because I automatically want to hit L1 and R1 for jukes like on 05.

I find the gameplay alot faster, a reverse actually works, and one thing I noticed that really is an improvement is a player continues his momentum in the endzone after scoring a TD, unlike previous years where he would unrealistically stop on a dime right after crossing the goalline. Looks great.

I agree on the stadiums. There are flaws that the diehard fans like you and I will notice, but the stadiums look more 3D. The crowd actually looks and acts like a crowd, not a wall painting that hardly moves.

I could go on and on about how much this game has improved over 05, just too many sweet things to mention.

Oh yeah. Seeing that it is my favorite sports game (blows Madden away, in my opinion, and always has), I went out on my lunch break to get my copy of the game. I'm playing in the Race for the Hypeman (Heisman) mode; my team (Penn State, of course) is 9-0 and is ranked #10 in the nation. My star LB, a freshman named Rich Flowers, is the leading candidate for the Bednarik award.

UPDATE: Penn State finished the year ranked #1 w/ a 11-0 record and will play Florida (10-1; #2 in nation) for the national title. Flowers won the Bednarik and the Top LB awards.

If only it could happen for real...

Oh yeah.  Seeing that it is my favorite sports game (blows Madden away, in my opinion, and always has), I went out on my lunch break to get my copy of the game.  I'm playing in the Race for the Hypeman (Heisman) mode; my team (Penn State, of course) is 9-0 and is ranked #10 in the nation.  My star LB, a freshman named Rich Flowers, is the leading candidate for the Bednarik award.

380493[/snapback]

NICE!!!!

Ill be picking up my copy tomorrow.....I wish you had it for PS2, or do you? I remember you mentioned you have XBox before...

If anyone ever wants to play a game online down the road, let me know. Im not gonna be a good player, but Ill play :angry:

Doh that was me, I wasn't logged in.  :D

380667[/snapback]

Hey man, when is the best time to find you online? I haven't signed up on 06 online yet, but I have lots of free time tonight if you're interested in a game, let me know a good time to find you.

EDIT: My username is "im4lsu43"

Last years EA football games stunk- I went with ESPN. This years are a huge improvement....waiting for next week's check to get a copy- plays much easier

381542[/snapback]

ESPN 05 was better than Madden 05, that's for sure. But, no way is ESPN 05 a better game than NCAA 05! The NCAA football games from EA are my absolute favorites. They just get better every year.

I really wish EA didn't have exclusive deals w/ the NFL and NCAA for football games. I'd love to get another ESPN pro game. I have all of the Sega/ESPN games for Xbox, including the college football game they made. I'll still play those games, but it sure would be nice to be able to wait on a new version this year.

Hey man, when is the best time to find you online? I haven't signed up  on 06 online yet, but I have lots of free time tonight if you're interested in a game, let me know a good time to find you.

EDIT: My username is "im4lsu43"

381668[/snapback]

I'm usually on weeknights or weekends if I'm gonna play.

Added you to my friends list. I'll be available pretty much all day tomorrow if you want to sometime.

What other days/times can you play? Any night after 7PM CST is good for me.

I'm usually on weeknights or weekends if I'm gonna play.

Added you to my friends list.  I'll be available pretty much all day tomorrow if you want to sometime.

What other days/times can you play?  Any night after 7PM CST is good for me.

383522[/snapback]

I'm available pretty much the same times. I work early mornings during the weekdays, so nights are perfect. If you read this message today(Sunday), how about logging on tonight at 7pm? I'll look for you if this is a good time.

I'm available pretty much the same times. I work early mornings during the weekdays, so nights are perfect. If you read this message today(Sunday), how about logging on tonight at 7pm? I'll look for you if this is a good time.

383542[/snapback]

Sounds good to me, I'll be on around 7pm cst.

What were you disapointed with? I think it is a great game, possibly the best so far. I'm just curious to see what you didn't like.

383653[/snapback]

I just dont see many differences anymore. Graphics IMO are about the same, gameplay is similar, and IMO the screens are harder to read this year...to me the game has "hit the wall" on the PS2 level.

Sounds good to me, I'll be on around 7pm cst.

383721[/snapback]

Ugh, actually I can't make it tonight, forgot I already had plans to go over to my friends place to watch simpsons / family guy.

I'll be on Wednesday at 7pm tho if you want to do that! (I've got a test on wed so monday/tuesday are out for me unfortunately)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.