(LAMP)Who is Blue Jean and why do people sing....

BTW - the proliferation of great songs about a chick named "Jane" has always struck me

Jane Says - Jane's Addiction

Sweet Jane - Lou Reed

Jane - BNL

(Mary) Jane's Last Dance - Tom Petty

Jane - Starship (well OK - not great - but good in an 80's nostalgia kind of way  :wacko: )

Honorable Mention - Janie's Got a Gun - Aerosmith

379605[/snapback]

And yet you forgot two of the best...

"And what in the world ever became of sweet Jane

She lost her sparkle, you know she isn't the same

Livin' on reds, vitamin C and cocaine

And all her friends can say is ain't it a shame

Truckin'

Up to Buffalo

Been thinkin'

You got to mellow slow

Takes time

You pick a place to go

And just keep truckin' on..."

-- Grateful Dead

"Now when your mother sends back all your invitations

And your father to your sister he explains

That you're tired of yourself and all of your creations

Won't you come see me, Queen Jane?

Won't you come see me, Queen Jane?"

-- Bob Dylan

Me.  I hate poor people.  The smell like cabbage and remind me of carnies.  :wacko:

379956[/snapback]

Well, there is some history, but I leave carnies alone. I worked with a former one. His dad went up the river for killing a guy with a ball peen hammer to the head. My co-worker worked carnivals for a while, but got a steady job in chemical processing and was a 25-year employee when I was hired. A fine worker, strong as a proverbial ox, and had an astounding firearms collection, some of which he brought in to work for my benefit - a pristeen "03 Springfield, and an authentic Winchester Yellowboy among others.

I gained a lot of respect for him one day when he sauntered in and matter-of-factly said he came across a injured deer in the road on the way to work and stopped and bashed its head in with a crowbar to put the poor thing out of its misery.

If some snot driving by saw that act of kindness, my friend would have been crucified. Go figure.