Couple sentenced for hiring son a stripper

"We even had grandpa there," she said.

Thats the best line of the story.

Seriously though, I think that if the kid's parents are there, and it was their idea, then it is OK. It seems to me like no one got hurt, and the police sprung into action long after the actual incident after hearing about it.

Landon and Anette Pharris, who were charged with contributing the delinquency of a minor, also were ordered to take parenting classes.

According to court documents, the first class they will take is named "How to hire a stripper for your son without getting caught."

"We even had grandpa there," she said.

Thats the best line of the story.

Seriously though, I think that if the kid's parents are there, and it was their idea, then it is OK.  It seems to me like no one got hurt, and the police sprung into action long after the actual incident after hearing about it.

377445[/snapback]

Hmmmm...ok if a child of yours or a young relation of yours attended, then?

I hope I dont come across as sounding too much like a hick but.....

Does anybody else think that this isn't such a horrible thing to do?

I mean....I dont know if I would do it or not......but I would give serious thought to letting my son and his friends drink at my house (when he gets a LITTLE older of course) rather then them doing it behind my back somewhere else where I dont know where he is......

What are your thoughts?

I mean....I dont know if I would do it or not......but I would give serious thought to letting my son and his friends drink at my house (when he gets a LITTLE older of course) rather then them doing it behind my back somewhere else where I dont know where he is......

What are your thoughts?

377475[/snapback]

I have a teenager and if they went to this type of party and I found out, I will assure you that I would have charges brought against the parents in a heartbeat.

What are your thoughts?

377475[/snapback]

I'm not a parent (yet) so I can't speak on this with as much authority as some, but that is basically how my parents treated me and I believe it was the right thing to do. As long as my friends' parents knew that we were drinking and by no means were we going to leave the house, then they would give it the OK. I know it kept me out of trouble a few times for sure. It's like you said, John, you'd rather have your kids doing it at your house where you can at least have some control over what happens then have them do it behind your back.

Every kid (well almost) is going to drink and do other 'stupid' things behind their parents' backs; it's part of growing up. The more you can monitor these actions and not create an environment that drives your kids away, the better off everyone will be, IMO.

What are your thoughts?

377475[/snapback]

In OH, you can have a drink served to your kid at a restuarant as long as you don't leave the table before it finishes the beverage. OH's liquor laws are just as Byzantine as any other State's so they can refuse a serving - I don't blame the the establishment for a refusal - an ambulance chaser's potential Heaven I suppose.

So you can get kiddie a shot and a beer at a bar if they will serve, but if you do so at home you may make the lead story on your local news broadcast.

I've no problem with responsible adults teaching kids about alcohol, sensible use of same, but the reality is that responsible adults these days are not as common as in years past, so the recent laws on the books take the default stance.

What are your thoughts?

377475[/snapback]

i know several adults that would let me drink at their houses. my next door neighbors house at new years. playing a drinking game with a bunch of 45 and 50 year olds when im only 18, is kinda strange. puking my guts out after loosing... is REALLY strange. but comming back down to drink again will get you A LOT of respect. ;)

the only hard part is to avoid hitting on their 18 year old daughters. (which i failed badly :lol: .)

its all about.. "your going to drink anyways, so you might as well drink here so i can keep an eye on you."

the only hard part is to avoid hitting on their 18 year old daughters. (which i failed badly  .)

LOL :lol:

377500[/snapback]

they were HOT. and dancing...together. and shaking there ass like in a music video. im only human.

it just gave us more stories to talk about the next year years eve party. ;)