Dylan McFarland

I thought he had a great preseason last year showing strong pass blocking abilities, the only thing he really lacked was size, I am wondering if anyone has heard anything, is he bigger (I think ideal weight would be 305-310) and has anyone heard his name, when talking about the starting LT spot.

My brother sat next to him during the NCAA BBall tourney in Syracuse. He said that McFarland had been in Buffalo all off-season working out and working with McNally.

Bro said that he was a really cool and down-to eath guy. McFarland also said that McGahee is a freak of nature and is going to have a huge year.

Can you say Jerry Crafts?

377121[/snapback]

I am not sure I understand the Crafts comparison.....

- Wasn't he taken with a high pick

- He MIGHT have been a quality player if he didn't have to run around his OWN BELLY to block somebody

- Dylan actually was a little undergirthed when he arrived....and he appears to have pretty good footwork.....the thing I LIKE about him is his wingspan....if he can get stronger up top he has very long arms and can be a wall off protector

Whether McFarland succeeds or not, any comparison with Jerry Crafts is about 70 lbs off. McFarland's problem when he was drafted was he was about 20-30 lbs too light and needed to muscle up. Granted Crafts didn't have a lot of muscle, but he had plenty of bulk. The question is has McFarland been able to pack anything on to that listed weight of 290 lbs.