Trip to the Miami Game

I've been to Miami, and its pretty fun.

They give Bills fans a hard time, but its not like Oakland. Plus, the one time I went, about 1/3 of the fans were Buffalo fans.

The stadium sucks though, its like watching a game in a shoebox.

What really sucks is that no Bills fans in the Ft. Lauderdale area will take the time to negotiate with a hotel and broadcast it on the various Bills message boards. So as a result, Bills fans are scattered all over.

:doh::doh::doh:

Nicki Beach on Sunday night then hit Opium. Check out BED, Crobar, Mantra, Autoslims.... so much great nightlife and you will see nothing but absolutely beautiful women everywhere. Fort Lauderdale and Coconut Grove are in the area and a great time too

Nicki Beach on Sunday night then hit Opium.  Check out BED, Crobar, Mantra, Autoslims.... so much great nightlife and you will see nothing but absolutely beautiful women everywhere.  Fort Lauderdale and Coconut Grove are in the area and a great time too

376635[/snapback]

coywire - you should know that the places Pete mentions are dance club type places that you see on "Wild On E" (is that show still on?) Since you're vacationing, it might be something to check out, but be advised that it won't be cheap. Nicki Beach is probably the coolest (IMHO). I'm more of Coconut Crove guy when I head down to Miami, but that's just me.

Like aussie said, there's no centralized location for Bills fan. Check out the Las Olas/A1A area in Ft. Lauderdale for beach hotels that are a bit closer to the stadium. There's no real reason to stay near the stadium. There's nothing there.

The fans are okay for the most part. You might run into some real bad apples, but that can happen anywhere. They're very docile when we win. Tailgating is okay. Bring lots of water and sunscreen.

. Fort Lauderdale and Coconut Grove are in the area

Lauderdale is close and easily accesible. The Grove is 30 minutes south and you will have to drive on I-95.

I will have my wife and 11 month old with us, so the "wild on E" moments would not suit us - I need a nice place to stay and things to do for the weekend - any other advice would help as well - Thanks

376898[/snapback]

I'd still recommend the Las Olas Riverfront area. Here's a link. They're always something going on, tons of restaurants (I think Louie's Bistro is the best bang for the buck in South FL), things for kids, not far from the beach, etc. There's a list of nearby hotels under the Guest link.

'Course, I'm a shill. My buddy's GF is in charge marketing the whole area.

:doh:

My wife and I went last year...we stayed in South Beach and made a long weekend out of it...it was our first time in Miami Beach so we did the various walking tours, museums, art galleries, lie on the beach et al, and on Sunday I went to the game and she went shopping...crowd was pretty docile and I thought quite friendly as even the Dolfans knew there team was awful....there is nothing like sitting in a stadium in December and getting a sun tan and your team is kicking a$$ big time!!!