As the season draws closer, does your confidence..

Stengthen, weaken or stay the same? Why?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Stengthen, weaken or stay the same? Why?

• Strengthen
    • Weaken
    • Stay the same

I went with stay the same, because I believe I'm realistic when it comes to JP Losman's performance this year. I expect a QB rating between 75 and 80. 3000 yards passing and another 400 to 500 rushing. He will throw the same amount of TD passes as Interceptions. We will lose a game or two because of him and we will win some because of him.

I, for one will not be disappointed if JP plays like that this year. In the end I still have hope for a playoff berth. Mainly because of the D and special teams and last but not least a great season from #21.

I went with stay the same, because I believe I'm realistic when it comes to JP Losman's performance this year. I expect a QB rating between 75 and 80. 3000 yards passing and another 400 to 500 rushing. He will throw the same amount of TD passes as Interceptions. We will lose a game or two because of him and we will win some because of him.

I, for one will not be disappointed if JP plays like that this year. In the end I still have hope for a playoff berth. Mainly because of the D and special teams and last but not least a great season from #21.

375482[/snapback]

3000 yards passing and 400-500 yards rushing sounds pretty realistic! :lol:

I hope it turns out that well, but those are some pretty flashy numbers for a fisrst year starter. Personally, I think the Bills can have a very successful season, even if J.P. has a much more mediocre season than that. I just don't forsee the Bills being a heavy passing team this year, given their instability on the O-line, and the temptation to run the ball often, which they will surely have with McGahee. I know 3000 yards is not a huge number these days, but it still takes some reliance on the passing game to amass that many yards.

Also, those rushing numbers! I know JP is supposed to have some scrambling ability, but that is a lot of ground yardage for a QB. I don't think (and I am keeping my fingers crossed) that Losman is so much in the Michael Vick mode, though it is nice to know that he has some running ability, should there be an offensive breakdown.

I think something in the 2300-2500 yard passing yard is more likely. I would like to get swallowed up by all the hype surrounding this kid, but I have seen enough first year starters at this point, to not expect too much out of them. What will make or break the success of JP's first year, for me, is the ability to stay healthy, and the abilitly to avoid a large number of awful turnovers. I know there will be some, but some ints and fumbles are more excusable than others. The yardage will be secondary, this year! I just want to see the kid improve as the year goes on...

Still, I might take a flyer on JP in my fantasy leauge, if he is still around somewhere in the 15-17th rounds.... :lol:

3000 yards passing and 400-500 yards rushing sounds pretty realistic! :devil:

I hope it turns out that well, but those are some pretty flashy numbers for a fisrst year starter.  Personally, I think the Bills can have a very successful season, even if J.P. has a much more mediocre season than that.  I just don't forsee the Bills being a heavy passing team this year, given their instability on the O-line, and the temptation to run the ball often, which they will surely have with McGahee.  I know 3000 yards is not a huge number these days, but it still takes some reliance on the passing game to amass that many yards. 

Also, those rushing numbers!  I know JP is supposed to have some scrambling ability, but that is a lot of ground yardage for a QB.  I don't think (and I am keeping my fingers crossed) that Losman is so much in the Michael Vick mode, though it is nice to know that he has some running ability, should there be an offensive breakdown. 

I think something in the 2300-2500 yard passing yard is more likely.  I would like to get swallowed up by all the hype surrounding this kid, but I have seen enough first year starters at this point, to not expect too much out of them.  What will make or break the success of JP's first year, for me, is the ability to stay healthy, and the abilitly to avoid a large number of awful turnovers. I know there will be some, but some ints and fumbles are more excusable than others.  The yardage will be secondary, this year!  I just want to see the kid improve as the year goes on...

Still, I might take a flyer on JP in my fantasy leauge, if he is still around somewhere in the 15-17th rounds.... :devil:

375670[/snapback]

I anticipate both Moulds and Evans did get 1000 yards receiving, another 400 to 500 yards to McGahee and the rest of the team should push Losman's numbers to 3000.

375482[/snapback]

Wow. If JP were to accrue these numbers, the Bills would be a LOCK for the playoffs. His numbers aren't as important as his command of the offense and how well he leads. Having said this, I feel good about JP and hope he grasps the nuances of playing his position, learning from his mistakes and earn the respect from the talent around him. Command and leadership are the two biggest assets a QB can possess, IMO.

375482[/snapback]

As long as JP is not in Montana working out with the neighborhood kids, the prospects for success are good. :devil: