Laser eye surgery

I'm enivious... i had scleral buckle operation in 1988 which basically saved my left eye but left me basically blind in that eye... i lucked out because my right eye became the dominant eye even though uncorrected it's 20/200+... i'd get laser on that eye but when your down to one you can't risk it  :huh:

Yeah, with one "healthy" eye you don't want to risk it.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've decided to take the plunge and get corrective surgery for my eyes.  Dose anybody have any suggestions about where I should get it done?

372293[/snapback]

I had mine done at LasikPlus over 2 years ago.I had terrible vision with a strong astigmatism.I now have 20/20 vison and no problems.Still do not need reading glasses but that might come soon.This was the best thing I have ever done.I had worn glasses for 37 years and it is an incredible feeling to not have to wear glasses.

Go to a couple of different places.The check up is free.I went to 2 places and they both told me the exact same thing so I felt comfortable.Good Luck.

I've decided to take the plunge and get corrective surgery for my eyes.  Dose anybody have any suggestions about where I should get it done?

372293[/snapback]

Had it done 6 years ago...Good results...was VERRRY near sighted----and I am getting slightly near sighted again....BUT...my reading vision is perfect-and for an over 40 guy that is amazing.-So my distance vision is GOOD not great..and my near vision is perfect.

Inside lighting--if intense--makes things a bit difficult because of glare.Nighht vision is actually improving over the last few years as my far vision has slightly receded.Only thing at night that bothers me are 2 lane roads where the oncoming lights are blasting me.--But not a huge problem..--Get it done.