Going To Boston For The Fourth

PTS

Whale watching is always cool - but plan on being gone most of the day - also, hit Salem to see the witch museums (it is also representative of old New England fishing villages) and head out to Plymouth to see Plymouth Plantation, the Ocean Spray cranberry factory and the "rock" (pretty good seafood places in Plymouth also).

:angry:

My girl and myself are driving to Boston for the Fourth of July weekend. We're staying pretty much right in downtown. I was there once before as a kid so I don't remember much about it. Anyone from Boston or familiar with it that can point out a few good things to do...

We're already doing these...

1. Red Sox Game

2. The Freedom Trial

3. Duck Tour

4. New England Aquarium

5. Spitting on Tom Brady's house.

368070[/snapback]

Wear a Bills Hat and Shirt... Go to Quincy Market.... Yell Go Bills!! and PATSY"S suck! :angry::doh:

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Sounds to me like I have a lot to choose from.

We definitely love seafood so we'll definitely checkout Legal Sea Foods and their chowdah one night. I remember going to Joe's American Grill in Rhode Island a few years ago when my college hockey team played there, I loved that place. And I'll definitely check out the Italian food on North End.

I'm a big fan of mass trans systems. I found cheap parking for 16 bucks a day, buy one day get another free. So we'll park the car and use the T from there on in.

We definitely what to check out a beach one day. Is Crane Beach the best to visit? I'd love to go to Cape Cod but we'll save that for next year's trip.

Thanks again fellas.

A growing pasttime is trying to find a Pats fan who was following the team and attending games when they were losing. First one to find one wins. Good luck.  Try to make time for other things, though this game has proven time-consuming and futile.

368124[/snapback]

My neighbors were and still are Bledsoe fans, and were not very happy he was traded to the Bills. While they still think Bledsoe is a classy guy, their not so upset about that trade anymore...

Alternatives to Legal Seafoods, which I think is too expensive, are the Union Oyster House, which is the oldest continuosly operating resteraunt in the country, and the No Name. If you like BBQ, the Blue Ribbon Diner in Arlington is great. Another place is the Wayside Inn in Sudbury, (Freddies home town)...

If you do the whale watch, I would recommend going up to Gluocester, and doing their "duck tour." When I did it 4 years ago, it was pretty focused around the Perfect Storm, but, it really impressed me just how many lives are lost in commecial fishing.

Your girlfriend might not find it interesting (my wife doesn't), but the USS Constitution is the oldest Naval Vessel in the US Navy. She proved that she was still sea worthy in 1997 when she sailed on her 200 anniverary of her commisioning...

The other places that you should check are Lexington and Concord. Rent a canoe and paddle to the Old North Bridge, where the the "Shot Heard 'Round the World" was fired.

plenzmd1: Yep, the No Name Restaurant is still around, and one of the best places to go for inexpensive fried seafood.

Fortunately my office is within walking distance of some of the better seafood places around. I'd recommend any of them to Mr. Clutch:

Legal Seafood's (owned by Syracuse alum Roger Berkowitz)

McCormick & Schmicks

Skipjacks

Atlantic Fish Company

Mr. Clutch: if you are doing the Duck Tour, you pick it up near the Prudential Center Mall. There is a Legal Seafood there as well as The Cheesecake Factory & California Pizza Kitchen. If you want pub grub and brews, Try Dick's Last Resort. It is a comedy club, and the staff is known for joking around with the patrons, but the prices are decent for Boston.

If the Clutch-ette likes shopping, she'll enjoy the mall.

Prudential Center

I don't think anyone mentioned the Museum of Fine Arts, which has a very cool exhibition of Ralph Lauren's sports cars until July 3. It's very accessible by the T.

MFA.org

plenzmd1: Yep, the No Name Restaurant is still around, and one of the best places to go for inexpensive fried seafood.

Fortunately my office is within walking distance of some of the better seafood places around. I'd recommend any of them to Mr. Clutch:

Legal Seafood's (owned by Syracuse alum Roger Berkowitz)

McCormick & Schmicks

Skipjacks

Atlantic Fish Company

Mr. Clutch: if you are doing the Duck Tour, you pick it up near the Prudential Center Mall. There is a Legal Seafood there as well as The Cheesecake Factory & California Pizza Kitchen. If you want pub grub and brews, Try Dick's Last Resort. It is a comedy club, and the staff is known for joking around with the patrons, but the prices are decent for Boston.

If the Clutch-ette likes shopping, she'll enjoy the mall.

Prudential Center

I don't think anyone mentioned the Museum of Fine Arts, which has a very cool exhibition of Ralph Lauren's sports cars until July 3. It's very accessible by the T.

MFA.org

368641[/snapback]

Dont remember having anything fried, i am generally a raw oyster, grilled fish kind of guy. But this quite a while ago, and I was with some college buddies, so maybe, just maybe, I had had a few before going there.

Dont remember having anything fried, i am generally a raw oyster, grilled fish kind of guy. But this quite a while ago, and I was with some college buddies, so maybe, just maybe, I had had a few before going there.

368659[/snapback]

If you and your wife have a squabble, you can track down my ex-girlfriend. She lives there and is pretty easy, I think you could make it happen. Also, search the city's gay bars to try to get Brady's autograph. He only gets photographed with that actress as a coverup.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Sounds to me like I have a lot to choose from.

We definitely love seafood so we'll definitely checkout Legal Sea Foods and their chowdah one night. I remember going to Joe's American Grill in Rhode Island a few years ago when my college hockey team played there, I loved that place. And I'll definitely check out the Italian food on North End.

I'm a big fan of mass trans systems. I found cheap parking for 16 bucks a day, buy one day get another free. So we'll park the car and use the T from there on in.

We definitely what to check out a beach one day. Is Crane Beach the best to visit? I'd love to go to Cape Cod but we'll save that for next year's trip.

Thanks again fellas.

368622[/snapback]

Crane Beach is the best, in my opinion... Check out Crane

If you do the whale watch, I would recommend going up to Gluocester, and doing their "duck tour."  When I did it 4 years ago, it was pretty focused around the Perfect Storm, but, it really impressed me just how many lives are lost in commecial fishing.

368634[/snapback]

I second KnightRider on the Gloucester Duck Tour. And you can take your car up there and drive around the town's coast line. You basically keep driving and you'll end up where you started. If you like informal, there's a shack at the park to one end of the Boulevard (there's a boardwalk you can walk along and peer out to the harbor). Lived there two years and still don't know the name. They've got great fried clams if you're into that.

Anyway, I'm now in Seattle so everything's a blur there. Have fun!