Defense is built to win now,

You just pointed out the problem perfectly.  I'm not saying Losman is a problem, but he is a potential problem.  At the same time however he could be a savior.  It always starts with the QB and ends with QB.  We're only going to go as far as Losman can take us.

Wrong. Without a great defense you cannot win a SB. With an average QB, you can.

We always hear about the key to coaching is putting players in a position to succeed. And it's true. You play to their strengths. This off season, the Bills brass are putting their coaches in a position to succeed. The abilities of MM and TC and even Sam Wyche were severely hampered by Bledsoe, and the fact they were installing a new system they couldnt run on all cylinders. This year, with a year under their belt, and a mobile quarterback, and a lot of speed on the outside, and a stud running back who can go inside and outside and catch, the coaches will be put in a position to succeed, and play to their strengths.

With the defense and special teams intact, barring major injuries, this team will be a failure if it doesnt reach the playoffs, second year QB or not.

Wrong.  Without a great defense you cannot win a SB.  With an average QB, you can.

365143[/snapback]

I agree with you, as long as the QB does not lose games for you by turning the ball over as Bledsoe did, a team can go far. Balt won with Dilfer & the Bucs won with Johnson. How many superbowls did Marino win? Will P Manning ever even make it to the big dance?

I think a defense can carry you to a superbowl but not our defense.  They aren't on the same level as the Ravens or Patriots.  Those are the only 2 teams I see being able to carry a team to the championship.

365252[/snapback]

I think the steelers do have a dominating defense that can take them to

a championship....Their biggest question marks are on their OL with 2 of

the starters from last year gone in FA...

Does anyone remember TD's pittsburgh days. I always remember him being credited with great drafting of their defenders, but i don't ever remember them having a great offense for most of the years he was there. I don't think he drafted any of their stars (except maybe Bettis). For those that are more familiar or have a better memory, please let me know what his Steelers days were like. Did he build a defense and hope that won him a championship?